The unusable default control levels

• Many KRpano pages I see around are to me completely impossible to navigate due to the completely insigne default control settings especially for zoom .
    The magic mouse on my iMac is a fantastic tool but if you to zoom out with it in fullscreen you get stuck often in an extreme field of view because people also used default settings for that.
    If you are lucky and the pano has a zoom button to get out of the locked view you usually ends up at full zoom-in instead with a Startreck warp speed.

I simply can not understand how Klaus can have got a setting of fovspeed=10 to be normal.

I have now updated http://www.panoramas.dk new KRpano pages with what I find good settings which I have tested on all my Machines, A 4 year old Windows XP, Macs from 2005 and 2006 and my new iMac 27 a new MacBook air plus iPad and a Desire Z Android smartphone. Only the panning speed with the buttons in the sides is a little slow on the oldest machines but even the 800mHz Android phone has a perfect zoom speed with my setting of 0.6

These are my settings.
    <control mousetype="moveto"
    zoomtocursor="true"
    zoomoutcursor="true"
    mouseaccelerate="0.5"
    mousespeed="7"
    mousefriction="0.8"
    mousefovchange="0.5"
    fovspeed="0.6"
    keybfriction="0.55"
    keybaccelerate="0.3"
    keybfovchange="0.75"
    keybspeed="0.4"
    fovfriction="0.9"
    touchfriction="0.9"
    trackpadzoom="true"
    />

And here you can see the default

<control usercontrol="all"
    mousetype="moveto"
    zoomtocursor="false"
    zoomoutcursor="true"
    mouseaccelerate="1.0"
    mousespeed="10.0"
    mousefriction="0.8"
    mousefovchange="1.0"
    keybaccelerate="0.5"
    keybspeed="10.0"
    keybfriction="0.9"
    keybfovchange="0.75"
    keybinvert="false"
    fovspeed="3.0"
    fovfriction="0.9"
    keycodesleft="37"
    keycodesright="39"
    keycodesup="38"
    keycodesdown="40"
    keycodesin="16,65,107"
    keycodesout="17,89,90,109"
    touchfriction="0.87"
    trackpadzoom="true"
    />

As you can see some of the default are very far from what I find good settings.

Hans

• NICE! I have had a wierd stuttering problem with one of my really large tours. sometimes there are over 100 hotspots in the scene. sometimes I would get a huge lag almost to the point i thought the brouser locked up then it would jump to the correct spot. the fewer hotspots on the screen the better it was but even with none there was a slight stutter. i copy and pasted your settings and they disappeared! even with all hotspots on it is significantly smoother.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!