iphone4 gyroscope plugin

• I am getting this decoding problem as well, on the computer, things work just fine on the iphone.

Code
    INFO: krpano 1.0.8.14 (build 2012-03-16)
    INFO: Flashplayer WIN 11.1.102.63 PlugIn
    INFO: registered to: Olafur Haraldsson
    ERROR: decoding failed - gyro.js
  • Hi,

the gyro plugin and ".js" plugin generally are only use-able in the krpanoJS HTML5 viewer,
    in Flash they will not work and so in the krpano Flash viewer there is the decoding failed error because the viewer doesn't know what to do with the ".js" file,

either use alturl="gyro.js" or devices="html5" to load the plugin only in the right viewer,

best regards,
    Klaus

• hi

following situation: i'm using the gyro plugin in some of my panoramas and i've implemented a button to turn the gyro on and off. works flawlessly, but if the user uses the gyro, rolls/hold the device let's say by 20 degrees and then turns the gyro off, the horizon will stay as it is (eg. 20 degrees).

is there a function (to assign to my gyro on/off button) to reset the roll to "0", so that the horizon will show up correctly again?

• This is an awesome plugin - it really adds a WOW! factor to panoramas on iPhone and iPad.

The following isn't a complaint, just an FYI to possibly save others some work. If there's a workaround or a fix that would be great, but I don't see it as a problem or weakness of the plugin.

I've been experimenting with embedding panoramas on Facebook, rather than just posting links. To that end, I added Open Graph metatags to the HTML per the instructions here:

http://patrickcheatham.com/posting-360-de…ok#.UVRe2RysiSp

and here:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr…172042586173194

the problem I've found, after quite a bit of work, is that this embedding method disables the gyro plugin. It's not the iOS app that causes the problem - Gyro works fine in the app if you're coming from a posted link. If you embed per the instructions above, though, no gyro fun for you. I did try adding the path to the XML as mentioned on those pages, but that didn't help.

Has anyone else run up against this?

• I found a way around it. You sacrifice the clickable thumbnail, but everything else (including gyro) works fine.

Here's what is recommended in the links I cited:

<meta property="og:site_name" content="SITE TITLE" />
    <meta property="og:url" content="PAGE URL" />
    <meta property="og:title" content="PAGE TITLE" />
    <meta property="og:type" content="article" />
    <meta property="og:image" content="PREVIEW IMAGE URL" />
    <meta property="og:video" content="PANO SWF URL" />
    <meta property="og:video:height" content="300" />
    <meta property="og:video:width" content="400" />
    <meta property="og:video:type" content="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

of those, I used og:title, og:URL, og:image and added og:description. Here's how the result looks on FB:

• Hi,

yes, the gryo is already working with IE11 - but just not fully - the IE11 supports now the deviceoritenaton event but still not the 'window.orientation' value (which reports the basic screen orientation, 0,90,180,270) that the other browsers are offering.

Without knowing the screen orientation it's not possible to apply the rotation correctly - e.g. in 'one' portrait and landscape mode it would work correctly, but when rotating the device again 180° the gyro control will be inverted.

But it seems that Microsoft has implemented in IE11 a new but non-standard method for getting the screen orientation, so with a special update for the gyro plugin it might be able to work fully correct - I will test this of course and if it works, add support for that with the next krpano releases.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I'm using the default skin for a single pano and I'd like to add a gyro toggle button that appears at the end of the nav bar only when needed. I have already implemented the gyro functionality, I just need to add in the button. I have read thru the documentation and the thread here, but I'm still not clear on the best approach.

This functionality is automatically added when using the MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet, but not when using the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet. It would be helpful if this functionality was also added to the single pano droplet and/or there was a toggle button included in the gyro example files.

Maybe it's outlined somewhere and I'm just missing it? Maybe I can create a new droplet that adds this functionality to the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

the onavailable event can be used to add or show automatically a gyro button when the gyro is available,

e.g.

Code
    <layer name="gyro_button" ... visible="false" />

<plugin name="gyro" url="gyro.js" keep="true" devices="html5"
            onavailable="set(layer[gyro_button].visible,true);"
            />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Just found this thread. Any updates for IE11?
    I need to make it work on windows phone. Currently I have developers wp 8.1 with IE11 and seems gyroscope is not working on panoramas.

I installed the 8.1 for my Lumia 920 and gyroscope is working! At least in my 3D panoramas and it's even a lot better than on android devices. I was blown away how well it worked. But i got more troubles from this update than anything else. I can't use any interaction with my tours anymore! I can't click hotspots, i can't click any of my menu items, nothing. Just look around. It's horrible and i hope there will be a fix for it.

Regards,
    Jesse

• Hi,

I can't use any interaction with my tours anymore! I can't click hotspots, i can't click any of my menu items, nothing.

Try updating the krpano version - the IE11 has changed it's 'pointer-events' support between the IE11 preview version and the IE11 final version and krpano versions before 1.16.9 are supporting only the old IE11 pointer-events.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• So is it possible to covert a mp4 video file to a swf video in order to use the gyro with video ? *confused*

Klaus I have see other company use this feature , playing a 360 pano video and look around the video via the iPhones gyro.
    Is there a different technique or method that they are using with in Krpano or are they using different software ? *question* *question*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!