Advice please for a Tourism DVD

• Hi,

I'm at the point where I would like to start making a Tourism DVD tour to display both 360 degree images and regular images. My regular online tours are made by embedding the SWF into a HTML page and using the XML files to feed the info. It's all encrypted.

Is the DVD tour still made with a SWF, HTML and XML files but exported as either a .exe or .app file? Also your average person that inserts a DVD into a drive expects it to autoload so is this possible for my project? Many people (especially those that I hope to buy the disk) don't know how to 'explore' or 'browse' a DVD so wouldn't want to rely on them finding a .exe file to get things going.

Can the DVD contain both the .exe and .app file so only one type of DVD needs to be made to play on both PC's and Macs?

Could you please give me any pointers as to how I would go about making a DVD with all the contents encrypted please? I'm looking at other posts but seem to be missing the main answer.

Sorry, I forgot to add that I have my own downloaded maps joined together (openstreetmap) and displayed using multires tiles with hotspots. No need for any links to anything online such as Google etc *wink*

Thanks,

Andrew

• This should all be pretty easy to do by generating both exe and app projectors from the protect tool.
    I never used the encryption but I assume that should work with the projectors also.

The only thing you need to ad is the Windows autorun file which is just a simple text file with this text.
    [autorun]
    open=start.exe

I name the projectors START as this should be understandable for everyone who has the autorun disabled .
    No problem with Mac users they just need to click the start.app and they are used to not have autorun.

Make your tour with all the files in a folder and save the projectors outside it. This will look much nicer and the user will not see all your files when he opens the CD.
    Normally I just move my start.html outside my data folder and change the links in it pointing to the js , swf and xml but it looks like you can not do that with the projectors.
    I guess you will need to move also the swf and xml file out of the folder, actually that is also how I had to do it with FPP.

That means you have to prepare the tour from the start with the html, swf and xml at the root and all you data in a folder.

Hans

• That's fantastic Hans. Thanks very much for your time writing the reply. I'm a little more clued up on it all now.

I'm glad I can still use the html file as it's easy to make the page look like a User interface using Photoshop and just leave a square screen space for the SWF to load into.

I love starting a new project although I'm sure this one will still include frustration and foul language here and there *unsure*

Andrew

• Didn't take long for me to ask another question *confused*

In Photoshop I'm currently making a smartphone lookalike panel to display the 360 degree images in. I can export it no problem as html etc as I would normally do but was thinking that the whole DVD presentation would probably look more professional if it wasn't in a browser window showing the menu and navigation tool bars. Kind of looks like 'sloppy' work.

Is there not some software I can use that can create a coloured background with interface graphics on top and run the virtual tour from that? I guess it would be like a dvd menu but everything is clickable with the mouse.

I guess if I was clever at action script I could make the whole thing in flash and somehow get it to communicate with all the external xml files.

Perhaps making the tour a 'Fullscreen' flash presentation and the smartphone lookalike panel that would normally be web graphics on the html page could be plugin graphics with a mask where the screen is to show the tour images?

Andrew

• Please forget about the 'Dribble' I wrote in the post above. I worked out what to do. *thumbsup*

Design everything in Photoshop, export all individual images as png's and display them via plugin code. kprotect lets you specify the window size of the flash window.

I lose the ability to go full screen as it messes up my interface but my window is big enough so no need.

• Please forget about the 'Dribble' I wrote in the post above. I worked out what to do. *thumbsup*

Design everything in Photoshop, export all individual images as png's and display them via plugin code. kprotect lets you specify the window size of the flash window.

I lose the ability to go full screen as it messes up my interface but my window is big enough so no need.

I can only guess how your design look.

If you want to have some sort of bar at the bottom with the buttons it is easy. Just make a png as background with the same height and color as the buttons. It has to be min as long as the largest screens for fullscreen and that is my iMac 27 which is 2560 pixels wide.
    If you center the buttons and set the background aligned at left you will get the backround expand to the sides in fullscreen.

Alt is to use the textfield as background and specify exactly same color on it. The textfield can be set to any hight or width also as % so you can make a bar which is 80 pixels high and set it to 100% width.

Thats what I have here.
    http://360-foto.dk/stjakobs/

Hans

• If you want to have some sort of bar at the bottom with the buttons it is easy. Just make a png as background with the same height and color as the buttons. It has to be min as long as the largest screens for fullscreen and that is my iMac 27 which is 2560 pixels wide.
    If you center the buttons and set the background aligned at left you will get the backround expand to the sides in fullscreen.

that is not exactly true. the png image can act the same as the textfield. i use a bottombar on alot of my panos and use the same 5x5 pixel png for all of them. you can still set the height to 50px and the width to 100% and it will stretch the 5x5 how you need it. makes a big difference in file size the 5x5 is like 200 bytes only. where a 50x2560 pixel image would be substantially larger around 2.6kb. the textfield plugin is 4kb which is ever larger. if you are trying to make fast loads in mobile devices to me every KB you can remove helps load faster. the textfield as a background would be the most heavy of the 3 solutions. the png does not distort or get ugly when using this method as long as you do not scale it.

Hans you could knock off 3.5 kb from every tour you have made by swapping the textfield background for a 5x5 pixel 24bit png streched to fit whatever you want. if you still wanted a darker band across the top of the background make the png 50px high and only 5 px wide then strech to 100% if you try to add a darker edge to the 5x5 then strecth vertically the darker edge stretchs and looks very bad. even at 50x5 the resulting png is only 318 bytes.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von VN2011 (4. Februar 2011 um 22:51)

• i cant argue with that. i guess you have to weigh the benfits of ease of use to chagne the color versus reducing file size. it takes under 60 seconds to open the png in photoshop change the color and save it back. i get what you are saying but i am not sure it is worth the extra file size at least to me. if you are only using the textfield for a quick color changing background i wonder how hard it would be to modify the source code to make it act only as a background that could change colors and get rid of all the other stuff to make the file size smaller. we could then post it as a background color plugin by itself. that is something i may look into.

• Wow, nice pictures Hans. Churches make such good photographic subjects especially inside with all the coloured windows.

Your layout is similar to something I would normally do online with the 'stretch bar' above and below but this one I wanted to be a little different for a contained tourism tour on a dvd. I'm still working on the panel shown in the picture below but and can get it into KRPano and the actual screen section is masked. The complete panel is 1030px X 600px so I'm thinking the images will be big enough without having to go full screen as the panel would look awful on a 24 inch monitor. The buttons on the right and text scrolling window are separate png's sat on top as plugins.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!