• I haven't done anything with this stuff for a while and I think I will make another push.
    I tried to make a 360vr where the cubeface was slanted down at 30 degrees from the real place's horizontal in order to include a person nearby as an animated hotspot thingy
    http://www.mickiwiki.com/?cat=8

the result is that the "turning" seems to be along the axes of the cube whereas I want to be able to change the vertical axis of the viewer so that the real world horizontal is what happens when using left | right keys or mouse .
    does that make sense and is it possible to anchor the viewer this way ?

mick

• at that time i tried to make the animating hotspot and wanted one of the horizontal faces to be tilted down from the real world horizontal in order to include a complete nearby person in the cubeface.
    when spinning inside the resulting 360vr i think the viewer turns on the axes that go through the centre of the cube.
    I wondered if it was possible to change that so that the movement looked normal for the real world horizontal ( left and right mouse / key movements are parallel to the real world horizon). I think I am right but I will recheck.

• I meant to make an example but haven't got around to it.
    I don't think it is necessary.
    If I want to make a cube face set that one is pointing down from the real horizon when i move in the viewer it turns along the plane of the centre of the cube faces. Is it a problem to introduce an offset to the viewer so it turns around -30 degrees for example?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!