Issue with Web links in textfield plugin: click, but no-go :(

• Hi there:

(I had this question as part of my response to this post about the textfield plugin & how to modify it for html5 devices)

I'm posting this here because maybe I have missed something really obvious, and also because I think it's not specifically textfield related... I have a Web link inline some HTML being used in a textfield (both Flash and HTML5). The link acts like a link, but doesn't go anywhere.

I copied and pasted the code from the krpano textfield example, exactly, and it works on krpano.com but not from my site.

I have tried using all the different "event:openurl()" examples shown in this post, but no change. Ideas? I'm using the latest stable krpano.

Thanks!

• Hi there:

Thanks for your interest!

I tried using all the variations for a link, including a target and leaving it as default, like Klaus's examples. No change! The exact XML I'm using is below. I have the latest version of krpano & plugins, etc -- and used the krtools to make the virtual tour. I really hope I'm not the only one to encounter this issue --

• Hey there:

AHA!

I had children=false in my XML and this is what prevented the links from working. I removed children=false and now the links work... Whew!

Thanks for the follow-up; I searched the forums, but didn't turn up that link. Also, would be nice if children=false was noted in the textfield documentation as a no-no *smile* .

Thanks everybody!

• Hey again --

OK, removing the children=false works for displaying the link in Flash; the link still goes nowhere in HTML5 display. :(

So, close but not quite there yet!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!