• Anybody using KRPano for as a guided tour? I was hoping to load a pano, look to specific areas, have a voice-over track and a background sound track - load a different pano, etc... something you could turn on and off - basically a "guided tour" of a location. Didn't want to re-invent the wheel if somebody has already tried this...

• I have had the same thought. I have not seen a fully guided tour yet. The idea is good I just have not come across the need for a fully guided tour.

With that being said is there a way to disable the ability for the user to break into the tour? If one was to go as far as to sync the audio track based on what was being viewed by the user if at any point the user took control the audio would continue and be off ... unless there would be a way to halt the audio if a user took control. And if the user took control would it be possible for that user to restart the guided part of the tour right where it was broken into?

Seems like alot of issues if the user was allowed to interface. Just thinking out load.

• i should take a guided tour by video.. *g*

That's almost the same..

i would like if it's possible that you let the autorotate make one round and then move to the next pano automaticly.

Cheers

Tuur *thumbsup*

• There is a way to block user input / control... I'll have to search for it...

found it... or at least one way...
    http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#control
    Use the control --> usercontrol=off attribute.
    At the start of your autotour, you could set usercontrol=off... and then turn it back on after everything is completed. You would probably want to notify users that control has been temporarily suspended. But if you have a long tour... they may get frustrated. May be better to perhaps turn off the mouse control, but leave the keyboard active and specifically tell them "to stop the tour, press an arrow key"... or something.

Ideally you may want to have a "stop tour" button show up when the tour starts... and ONLY when it is pressed will control really be interrupted. The only way I can think of doing that is to add two image plugins. The first one, a blank / transparent png, that is set to 100% width and height at a high z-order like 100... so it effectively sits ontop of everything else. Then set it to enabled-true and capture-true... thus blocking any interaction with the pano. The second plugin would be your "stop tour" button... at z-order 101... so it sits above the transparent layer... and use it's "onclick" to stop the tour.

If you don't block the control... you could use the oninterrupt action to control what happens when the user does interrupt...
    http://www.krpano.com/docu/actions/#oninterrupt
    Note that the sample on the link above is for a basic "autotour"... you could build a more elaborate one as well.

• Good info - thanks!

What about audio - like having a music/ambient soundtrack constantly looping AND a specific voiceover track that narrates the guided tour?

Ideally I'd like to make a virtual tour with an automated guided tour for a few seconds (30 sec) and then let the user investigate on their own... then click a "continue tour" button and continue the guided tour, load a new pano, 30 seconds of narrationand guided "look at this interesting artwork" etc, then back to user control...

I think I can get the guided part down, its the audio that's currently stumping me - the 2 track concept - a continuous ambient soundtrack and a variable narration soundtrack.

• When I played around with Klaus' soundinterface demo... I don't think there will be an issue with having 2+ sounds going at the same time... I think the issue will be carrying over the ambient sound smoothly.

You might also need to think about splitting the 30 seconds into navigable blocks... i.e. use a sequence of actions tied to a "next" button that steps a user through the different items you want them to see / hear in a specific pano.

I think you'll just have to play with it and see what happens. *thumbup*

• When I played around with Klaus' soundinterface demo... I don't think there will be an issue with having 2+ sounds going at the same time... I think the issue will be carrying over the ambient sound smoothly.

You might also need to think about splitting the 30 seconds into navigable blocks... i.e. use a sequence of actions tied to a "next" button that steps a user through the different items you want them to see / hear in a specific pano.

I think you'll just have to play with it and see what happens. *thumbup*

I agree with Graydon. 30 sec is a long time in computer land. Enough for me to give up and move on if I am impatient enough. 10 sec intervals with a next button that appears afte the 10 sec would be a good idea. they user could then naviagte for themselves if choosen or continue and see what the next button brings.

• I like to make it a little more difficult. Not only do i want to autorotate, but after a full round he needs to go to the next pano. and then again, again and again .... only when interupted he needs to stop everything or he needs to wait around 30 seconds and then continu.

is it posible of more like mision imposible ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!