Combobox on html5 first test. Many problems

• Here is my first test on the html5 combobox.
    http://www.360-foto.dk/vr/carl-bloch/combotest.html

Unfortunately lots of problems. Tested on iPad

1, It makes cubefaces seems visible.
    2. Very bad panning. The pano just jumps around.
    3. After second load it crashes.

Here is the page without it.
    http://www.360-foto.dk/vr/carl-bloch/

BTW Combobox in flash is worthless on Android. However normal combobox in html is perfect for loading panos.
    Same behavior as on iPad/iPhone with a large popup

Hans

• Hans i just tried both of these on my iphone 3. they both perform about the same the one with the combobox does not stutter any worse than the one without, at least on this phone. i like the way the html5 combobox works that is not what i expected. this is what i experienced on both tours. the thumbs did not display 100% correct. both tours the thumbs layed correctly out until number 13 then the rest were stacked on top of each other diagonally, like they look when collapsed by default, layered on top of 1-13. the prev and next scene buttons displayed in the lower right hand side and the zoom and fullscreen buttons were not even there. also what i think is the main tour the html title still says krpano.com - 25 the other tour says Carl Bloch.

anyways, just so you know what happened using an iphone3.

• Thanks, i checked the page in the simulator and performs fine for iPhone.
    Besides that it also scales down the combobox width.

There is also no problem with Safari HTML5.

But on the iPad it starts behave weird as soon as I open the combobox.
    I do not even need to load a pano from it but just open it and close it and I get cubefaces visible and flicking black cubefaces just by leaving it on autorotating.
    It usually crashes already on first pano.

If I just do not touch the combobox I can load as many as I want from the thumbnails and everything works perfect.

Hans

• Hi,

sorry, I have tested the combobox plugin only with a simple gray cube preview and there this problem was not visible...

this is unfortunately a Mobile Safari bug!
    it has nothing to do with the cubesizes or other krpano settings,

it seems that when the combobox opens the first time, the internal iPhone/iPad resolution will be changed/scaled in a strange way and this affects the wrong cube face fittings and the rendering problems and crashes,

I could theoretically fix the problem with the lines by automatically adding an overlap between the cube faces, but this will not fix the other bugs, like the flashing images or the 'image rebuilding' and the jerky controlling and the crashing - this bugs can be only fixed by Apple!

I have sent a report bug to Apple in the hope that this bug will be fixed sometime...

here a link for testing/seeing the bug:
    https://krpano.com/temp/cbapplebug/

I'm sorry for that - so I think the native combobox will be unfortunately not usable at the moment on iPhone and iPad... I will look for an alternative, maybe by a manual combobox simulation by using images and texts...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!