<include> problem on IE

• Hi,

I'm having problems using include on IE. It works fine on firefox, chrome, safari. When I the page in IE7 the "placeholders" (FIRSTXML, SWFPATH, etc) are not recognized.

So i have this in the xml

<include url="%SWFPATH%/common.xml" />

which just contains the buttons xml chunk from the examples. I just copied one plugin tag.

<plugin name="in" url="%SWFPATH%/images/buttons/btn_plus.jpg" visible="true" align="bottom" edge="center" y="40" x="-160" blendmode="screen" ondown="set(movevectorz,-1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);" keep="true"/>

When I open the web page it says
    ERROR: loading plugin "file:///D:/My%20Web%20Sites/milotimbol/flash/%SWFPATH%/images/buttons/btn_drag.jpg" failed

When I move the plugins in the main xml file and comment out the include it works. Is this a known bug?Is there a workaround?

I don't wannt put common stuff in all the xmls. They're gonna be harder to manage in the future.

Thanks,
    Milo

• Hi,

could you please post a full not working example (maybe as zip file),
    and post the paths of the testing directories and also your flashplayer version?

(note - the Flashplayer version can differ between IE and the other browsers,
    the IE uses the Active X Flashplayer and all other browsers the NPAPI Plugin)

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!