Is it possible to detect device version iPhone3 or iPhone4?

• Hi,

Is KRPano capable to detect the iPhone device's version (ie. it is iPhone3 or iPhone4)?

can i expect this feature in next release of KRPano?

thanks

--
    Pratiks

• Hi Klaus,

As you know there is a vast difference in resolution of iPhone3 and iPhone4. That resolution is creating the issue with icons which i have added.
    I have add an icon of 60px x 60px using textfield. But it looks very small in iPhone4 and looks more larger and occupies more screen area in iPhone3 as compared to iPhone4.
    That's why i need to check wether it is iPhone3 or iPhone4. So conditionally i can give the size of icon for iPhone3 and iPhone4.

It is also creating the same issue with thumbnails which are created using "buildthumbs();". I have given 80px x 80px to thumbnail size and same problem. It displays very small in iPhone4 and very large in iPhone3.

Please help me out to resolve this issue.
    If there is other way to maintain icon size please let me know.

thanks

--
    Pratiks

• Hi pratiks,
    I'm not one of the best qualified here to comment but, recently I discovered that the iphone 4 uses the tablet images and not the mobile images which can be a bit of an issue.
    Maybe there are other areas also where it uses tablet commands which would explain your scaling problems.

Kev

• Hi,

I have add an icon of 60px x 60px using textfield. But it looks very small in iPhone4 and looks more larger and occupies more screen area in iPhone3 as compared to iPhone4.

okay, the textfield content is something, where krpano loses the control over it, because the html code there is just passed to the browser, parsing and rendering the html content would be much too laborious of course,

if possible I would recommend not using the textfield for portable code, e.g. Flash HTML and real HTML differers very much,

It is also creating the same issue with thumbnails which are created using "buildthumbs();". I have given 80px x 80px to thumbnail size and same problem. It displays very small in iPhone4 and very large in iPhone3.

there must be something very wrong here!
    the krpano <plugin> elements will have the same size on iPhone3 and iPhone4!
    do you have a link where this happens?

I'm not one of the best qualified here to comment but, recently I discovered that the iphone 4 uses the tablet images and not the mobile images which can be a bit of an issue.
    Maybe there are other areas also where it uses tablet commands which would explain your scaling problems.

the iPhone4 uses the tablet images because of the higher resolution of the iPhone4 screen, but there is no relation of the pano image sizes and plugin sizes or positions

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

there must be something very wrong here!
    the krpano <plugin> elements will have the same size on iPhone3 and iPhone4!
    do you have a link where this happens?

Sorry but i don't have permission to share the link *sad*.
    It's not working like as you told. There is definitely some issue with thumbnail size on iPhon3 and iPhone4.

should i have make any changes in "krpanoiphone.js" file?

thanks

--
    Pratiks

• Sorry but i don't have permission to share the link .

you cant even share the link with the software creator in order to fix a problem with your tour? Thats like asking a mechaninc to fix your car without touching it. Send him a PM or an email if the project is truely that secretive. If not you might have to fix it on your own.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!