XML parsing error only on iPhone

• I'm trying to add a animated GIF to replace a video for ipad, etc.

As soon as I added devices="iphone|ipad" I started getting a XML parsing fatal error on the iPhone, but not on the computer, nor just loading the xml into a browser.

I turned on the iphones developer debug mode for Safari and it's noting an error in the html - which I have not touched, it's just generated from one of the droplets. The error on the iphone says Viewport argument "target-denistydpi" not recognized. Content ignored.

I've not had much luck yet with alturl so I'm trying to just make a hotspot only for the iphone/pad and am also just using url to point to the GIF.

Any ideas?

Robert

• Somewhere in here is something Safari on an iPhone does not like, but I don't see it.

<hotspot name="iOSspot"
    devices="iphone"
    devices="ipad"
    url="V-small-fromMVI-8537.gif"
    distorted="true"
    scale="1" scale9grid="" scalechildren="false" rotate="-90"
    edge="center"
    ath="143.40432895380926" atv="21.49453191750848"
    zoom="false" distorted="true" details="8" flying="0"
    rx="-16.25" ry="21" rz="2.836019821524758"
    alpha="1" blendmode="normal" effect="" smoothing="true"
    loop="true"
    />

This looks fine in Note++, and seems to be fine on any browser on a computer. At least the XML is not said to be in error.

Any ideas?

• You have devices twice. I know you were trying to get away from it but maybe try just one to get resolution. Maybe just the iPhone or just the iPad? To test?

Just grasping at straws here.

Edit: you also have distorted twice.

• Hi Jarredja,

Yes, I knew about the devices twice, I added one when I first started getting the error because I thought perhaps the seperater bar or whatever it's called was causing the issue. But, after I removed the second devices and the second distorted, it works.

So, I'm thinking for some reason it was the double distored tags.

Thanks!

Robert

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!