Aerial Virtual Tour with drone project

• Hi all !
    I don't really know where to post and hope it'll be well placed here.
    I appeal to all of the panoramists on this forum how wishes to make aerial virtual tours but doesn't have the 35000$ for the dragonfly all in one drone issue.
    Actually there are many drones that provides a non expansive issue to make aerial virtual tours, but requires electronic and software programming skills,
    wich everybody doesn't have.
    I met a company wich is specialized in drone ground plateforms development, an we aim to develop an all in one issue to make such tours.
    The goal is to create an easy WYSIWYG interface :
    1- Showing you what photo you're taking
    2- Remotly change your camera settings
    3- auto adjust tilt/pan/yaw of the drone based on image recovery
    4- automatically geolocalise your shots...
    And more features !!!

But you all must ask yourself (at least those who read this) *wink* :

Zitat

Why is he talking about this, what's the purpose ?!

Ha ha !!
    The reason is simple...
    Money !!

I have two options:
    1- Invest alone
    2- Find some associates !!!

So the goal of this post today is to know if some of you may be interested or not, and if not why ^^
    For the moment i don't know the cost for the dev part, only know the material cost of the drone,
    wich will be around 4500€ (without the camera of course).
    Of course the purpose of the project is to sell the all in one issue wich has been developed.

Hoping it'll interest some of you !!
    Best regards.

• Yomas,

It's a good goal, but I'm not sure you have researched the extreme number of legal and liability issues that come with flying a 5-10 pound object over populated areas.

Taking a DSLR with lens, etc, up where it could easily fall onto people or property is NOT a hobbyist endeavor. And if you're out in the woods, why would anyone pay for it?

Remote controlled aerial photography in urban areas is and will continue to be a market best severed by those able to afford craft that are extremely reliable, and guided by pilots with years of experience. Anything else is just nonsense.

This is not a DIY money maker project, just a DIY have some fun out in open and remote areas.

If you think otherwise, think about what will happen when your craft falls from 200 yards and hits a home or car or person.

If you fly enough, it will happen, small craft remotely controlled are extremely hard to control when the GPS, etc. systems fail and they will fail.

Just something to consider.

robert

• Hi Yomas, I agree with Robert, it's a good idea but just too dangerous, and believe me, I have experience with susch a drone crash. I lost one last year. It felt from 70 metres high (with a small compact camera), lucky without hitting anyone.

Maybe you can consider a mast. It can not go that high as a drone, but I have good results with my 20 metres mast system... http://www.360vt.be/afdelingkust2
    It's much safer than a drone and great for use in urban areas. You just have to take care with the wind.

Pm me if you need more info...

• Hi all !
    Thank you for your replies ^^
    image360, I know that there is a huge security part in the project, making it safe and harmless...
    In fact I didn't talk about it because it's obvious...Especially in France where laws are strict ^^
    This is the goal of the project, making a harmless device thanks to a serious study and reliable solutions !
    In fact, for the securtity issue, I've already seen a parachute system for smooth landing in case of GPS or quidance problems.

Even more if I go your way you forget to talk about flight restrictions...
    For example in France the laws aren't very clear about flying a drone for professionnal issue.
    A best it's possible but under 150m high, over private places with the owner authorizations...

But you know as well as I do that in a few years drones will be everywhere, people will find THE solutions ^^
    Working on a reliable and secured device nowdays doesn't sounds nosense for me *wink*

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in explanations, but the society who I was talking has some of the best engineers on the development of such machines ^^
    It's why they're expansive ^^

Trust me when saying that if it wasn't possible I would'nt even talk about it *wink*
    Maybe after hard study it'll be too hard, but trying is the start *wink*

I actually have an alternative solution for aerial photography and virtual tours working with an other society wich uses helium baloons.
    For now on it's sufficient but I'm thinking of the future ^^

Thanks Birdseye for the masts alternative, I've already studied this but I'll be interested to have more information of wich material you're using (mast, pano head and camera...)
    Have you heard about the kite solution ? I've look around and seems to be an interesting compromise pending.

Net360, I know this one, it depends on wich camera you're using, take care of the weight ^^
    More weight you have, more battery you'll use, the less time lap in flight you'll have.
    I was ladling on the Okto in my case. More flexible and customizable.
    Therefor the site you've linking is shamefully expansive !
    You can own an octo with all you need for you camera for 4000-4500€...But have to do it yourself !

Thanks again to all and hoping to have more returns about this ^^
    Best regards.

• But you know as well as I do that in a few years drones will be everywhere, people will find THE solutions ^^
    Working on a reliable and secured device nowdays doesn't sounds nosense for me *wink*

I don't think so, it's much like flying cars, just a very long way off for any mass adoption. Flying stuff is inherently more dangerous and light weight craft are extremely easy to push around many meters in a second by the wind alone. In a urban area, it's not just falling, but with tall buildings close by. A pilot without great experience could easy put their craft into a dangerous place. Auto systems have their limits and tend to reduce pilot skill, note the tragic failure of the plane from Brazil to France, the auto systems failed and they now believe the pilot did the exact opposite of what they should have.

Remote controlled craft (drones are rc airplanes) are great for many photo options in less populated areas, but in urban areas, a extremely skilled pilot (certified pilot in Canada and Australia) and proven craft WITH liability insurance if done commercially are essential.

Your goal is good, but mass adoption by a less than skilled pilot without an extremely expensive liability insurance coverage is just not realistic for commercial work. Flying RC craft in populated areas is not going to happen in mass anytime soon.

Cheers,

Robert

• Have you heard about the kite solution ? I've look around and seems to be an interesting compromise pending.

Kites are a great and 'safe' solution for your gear for aerial photography. I have much experience in kite aerial photography because I have done this for several years.
    But there are limitations. Your are completely dependable of the weather. So it's almost impossible to use it for professional phorography. As mentioned earlier, forget urban areas. The wind turbelence between the buildings let the kite tumble like in a washing machine. And in hot sunshine days, thermals are your worst enemy. the hot climbing air pushes the kite out of his flying angle until it fells down. All these things were the reason I have choosen for a Mikrokopter.

• Hi again;-)
    I've searched more info to build this project,
    Actually we don't have specific law in France for using drones in a professionnal issue.
    News will come in december or january.
    For the security issue the parachute seems to be great, but just a prototype for now on;-)
    We'll see this in the near future...
    Thanks again for your interest!
    Best regards.

• I've been told that learning to control the drone takes one year if you're good. The flying part can be automatically, but starting and landing not, so you have to be extremely good in it.

But I think it's a great way to make aerial photographs, so I hope there will be a good solution ever without having very much experience to control the heli.

• Thanks to all for your interest ^^
    I got more info about the new laws that will emerge till the end of this year...
    Not that great for using drones for professionnal issue :-/
    There'll be many restrictions about security till the parachute and airbag system to be approved.
    The drone issue will be great for video and panos over uninhabitaded areas, but regarding the using restrictions,
    won't be able to fly over 150m high, you'll need a public(mayor's) and private(landowner) authorization, with at least 2months for acceptance of the project...
    Untill the securtity object isn't well treated, it'll not be easy to use drone in a commercial issue.
    Get you informed of the advancement of the project when liable.
    Thanks again, hoping having news soon.
    Best regards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!