• Howdy! It has been quite awhile since I first started using KR Pano.... I have version-1.0.8-beta9-2010-03-07, and have built 640 panoramas and little planets to date. I see that you have quite a few updates since then, so I will try the latest version tonight.

Here is my question that I have had since making the very first pano....

Why do my panoramas ONLY work (camera controls/little planet intro, etc) in Internet Explorer?

ANY other browser, and all peopke get is a static image that cant moved around, no little planet into, etc.

Is this something that was/is fixed after the version I have? It would be nice if I could stop telling folks "Only look at my panoramas in IE"..

Thanks for the great help and product!

• Actually, YES, I am serious.

Are you telling me that each time a new update version comes out, I am required to scrap all 640+ panoramas, then rebuild to the newer version? I do not think there is a soul alive that would do that. The panoramas I have built using my version have never worked in anything except IE6+ (yes I am aware that the demo versions work).

Supporting website is BigSkyPanoramas.com

You can choose any of the panoramas available, they are all written the same way.

(Yes, I am reworking the way I present the thumbnails, but that has no effect on the browser problem)

Perfect example, NO panos at all from my website display anything more than a black screen on my safari browser/mac laptop, but I can see panos from other krpano users just fine. The question is why? In FF, I see the entire panorama (even little planets) as one image with no interaction at all.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Stephen (8. Oktober 2011 um 07:52)

• Hi,

Are you telling me that each time a new update version comes out, I am required to scrap all 640+ panoramas, then rebuild to the newer version?

of course not!

Why do my panoramas ONLY work (camera controls/little planet intro, etc) in Internet Explorer?

the viewer itself as Flash application is independent of the Browser,

but the HTML page code itself needs to fully valid to work the same in all browsers,
    e.g. in your pages the height="90%" for the pano element will not work when the parent html elements were defined without height,
    and try also adding a HTML doctype,

generally I would recommend having a look at the HTML files from the krpano examples or templates - they should work on all browsers,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks (Santa) Klaus. :)

I built one from scratch, and it works perfectly on everything! :) Now, I just gotta start all over again on all panoramas:(

I appreciate the quick response and help.

• Hi,

if you want to make changes of the html file easier maybe use php or only one 'global' html file and call it with the pano xml as parameter,

e.g. on the krpano page I'm using only one "krpano.html" file for all panos,

Code
    http://krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/kirche/kirche.xml
    http://krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/winternacht/winternacht.xml

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!