Messed up animations with Krpano 1.0.8.14 again... Yup, they strike back!! :S

• Hello everyone, from my last post on "messed up tweening animations with Krpano 1.0.8.14" I learned that the default "actionintervalbase" is now TIMER on the new Krpano version, which was distorting my tweening animations on my interface by accelerating them a lot. That time Klaus suggested me to change the actionintervalbase to FRAME (the previous default) and seemed all was returning to normal.

The issue now is that I am actualizing an old tour I created with Krpano 1.0.8.12 to the new Krpano 1.0.8.14, and I'm having again some animation troubles, this time with the animations created by the actions: lookat() and lookto() wich are activated by hotspots in my panos, they are now running very slow (showing a great frame rate but moving like half of the speed) in FRAME mode but when I change to TIMER they look as before. The problem is that when I use TIMER mode I have again the same mess in my animations wich was affecting me before, as I described in the old post. *wacko*

In brief the following is happening:

IF actionintervalbase="timer" is LOOKAT() & LOOKTO() look FINE, but my TWEENING ANIMATIONS run AWKWARD
    IF actionintervalbase="frame" is LOOKAT() & LOOKTO() look SLOW, but my TWEENING ANIMATIONS run FINE

So, both TIMER and FRAME modes doesn't solve my animation problems.

I've created two versions of my tour, one for each mode, so you can check this issue by yourselves. They are hosted at my domain:

http://www.3sfera.com/360/messed-anim/index.html (TIMER MODE)
    http://www.3sfera.com/360/messed-anim/index_frame.html (FRAME MODE)

There you can see what I'm refering about. You can check messed up animations in TIMER mode in the intro menu (Also activated by "Instrucciones..." (Right click menu)) and in the flyout hotspots inserted at the sculptures in the garden (Click on "Ir al Jardín..." in the initial pano). Also you can see slow animation in the FRAME mode version by lookat() and lookto() by clicking in hotspots: "Ir al salon" and "Ir a la capilla" on the initial pano, both animations run far more slow I would like to. If you compare this animations in both versions you'll see what I mean.

Hope you can help me in this one Klaus, I think the new Krpano version is really going in a great direction but I feel this animation issues show there's still some details to check here.

For everybody else, I'd really appreciate if you could post if you're having this animation issues also on your computer/navigator. Thank you very much. *smile*

Best Regards.

Luis Erantzcani

• I've just tested my tour in a high end computer, seems that with fast processing the animation issue is almost gone in the FRAME version. Unfortunatelly the messed up tweening animation is the same in TIMER mode. This issue worries me a bit, since my "low end" equipment is a Macbook Pro 2.8 Ghz 8GB RAM, I don't even want to think how this pano looks on a Atom Processor machine or a Celeron one. :S

Again, do any of you notice what I say about animations in both modes??

Thanx!

Luis Erantzcani

• Yes,

i see the diference.

u could use smooth or a time for the lookto... in the lookto actions so that u can use frame version for the animation.
    I also like the slow lookto actualy..

cheers

tuur *thumbsup*

• Okey Tuur, so you see it too, I was wondering if it was just a local effect. And yes indeed, it is coded by the smooth parameter, I tried also using the tween() option but the main problem is that the tweening time (in lookto() action) is, as far as I've seen "performance-dependant" with this new Krpano version, so, depending on the equipment (or window size) it runs more or less slow :S

Anyway, I ended up by now sticking to the old 1.0.8.12 Version because I need to deliver this work soon, so, if anyone wish to look at this version, it is also on my site:

http://3sfera.com/360/messed-anim/ver-1-0-8-12/

There all tweenings and camera pannings work as I intended them to in the beginning. Hope next Krpano versions can take this animation issues into account because I'd really like to upgrade my panos to the new version, but since I love this tweenings and lookto animations as they display in 1.0.8.12 version, I'll have to stay with it for another while :S

Anyway, cheers too, hope to see more comments, I appreciate them a lot.

Best Regards.

Luis Erantzcani

• Hi,

the solution for your case might be adding an additionally setting to change the time interval for tween separately - maybe an independent "tweenintervalbase" setting...

I will think about it and maybe add it in one of the next releases,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!