Jumping & jerking again !!

• Hello, i have read a lot of tread about this problem, i hope with this new one we can try to fix the problem.
    Like many people, my lookto and moveto is Jumping, even when i did the same manually is working perfectly !!!
    Why ?? I have try all This solution but no one is working.

http://www.hyper-photo.com/maze/versaille…usplaisirs-roi/

If you have any idea about how to improve the quality, i will be very happy.

Thanks a lot.

Pierre

• I'm very disappointing and sad, i spend all my evening to try to fix the problem but noting is working.

As you can see the auto-view is jumping and so the view is not good, is bad on a laptop screen, but i have to show that on a 5 meters screen. We dream to make a big immersion maze for the next year, we hope to use the kinect, and to immerse people int the JFR Rauzier pictures, we dream to show that at the opening ceremonial in Versailles Castle. (Every year this french castle show the work of one famous artiste, the next year is JFR and is pictures).
    So i 'm very exiting and very stress to work on this prodject of immersive maze, we hope to work with Krpano and Kinect. But it need to be perfect. Why krpano, because we will made the same maze for the Internet website. SO I NEED TO FIND THE SOLUTION !!!

I have try all this without any success :

Update Krpano.

actionintervalbase="frame"

level tiledimagewidth="30000" tiledimageheight="18000" download="all" decode="all"

<display fps="60" details="24" tessmode="auto" movequality="LOW" stillquality="HIGHSHARP" flash10="off" movequality10="HIGH" stillquality10="HIGH" stilltime="0.25" />

<display fps="60" details="24" tessmode="auto" movequality="HIGH" stillquality="HIGHSHARP" flash10="off" movequality10="HIGH" stillquality10="HIGH"
    stilltime="0.25" />

And this last one witch is the final best i try : <krpano version="1.0.8" actionintervalbase="frame" >
    <display fps="90" details="10" tessmode="auto" movequality="HIGH" stillquality="HIGHSHARP" flash10="off" movequality10="HIGH" stillquality10="HIGH"
    stilltime="0.25" />

I can't unse cubical because i have partial pano.
    I have change my graphic card to be sure,
    And my computer is a 8 CPU , with 16 go of ram and a SSD as hard drive.

So any other suggestion"

what do mean with "again"?

Just because I'm not the first one to have this kind of problem.

• Hi,

it may differ from system to system... but try that:

- use the Flashplayer 11
    - add - swf.addParam("wmode","gpu"); - in the html file

when your graphics card and driver is supported by the Flashplayer, then the screen blitting can be smoother...

btw - nice 'easter eggs' in the pano

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the current settings are a bit strange - flash10="off" together with movequality="BEST" and stillquality="HIGHSHARP" doesn't make much sense (in quality and performance aspect),

try removing all <display> settings, only set that one:

Code
    <display details="40" />

with that the 3d geometry model is more detailed - that such avoid the 'jumpy image popups' when zooming in,

then I would limit the out zooming to 105 to avoid seeing the black outside border,
    and maybe also the voffset setting:

Code
    <image hfov="180" voffset="0" />
    <view fovmax="105" />

an other small improvement might be using only 1 decoding queue and fewer download queues - this could make the loading a bit slower and therefore the panning smoother, e.g.

Code
    <network downloadqueues="4" network.decodequeues="1" />

e.g. here a direct link to the pano with that settings (but without wmode setting, that can be only set from html)
    http://www.hyper-photo.com/hyperpano/menu….decodequeues=1

the link in readable form:

Code
    http://www.hyper-photo.com/hyperpano/menusplaisirs/panojfr.swf?xml=test_image.xml&display.details=40&image.hfov=180&view.fovmax=105&network.downloadqueues=4&network.decodequeues=1

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Did you have any suggestion ??

Perhaps we can change the type of movement, if i make separately the moving and the zooming did i will have less jerking ?

no, that should not change anything...

what CPU does your computer have?
    and Windows or Mac? (if Mac - maybe try Windows - the Flashplayer works typically better on Windows)

best regards,
    Klaus

what CPU does your computer have?

1 CPU Intel Core i7-2630QM
    2 GPU : nVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (GF108M) & Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Sandy Bridge GT2)
    16 Go of DDR3 SDRAM
    128 GO SSD OCZ
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

So as you can see I'm supposed to have a very powerful computer.I'm pretty proud about my computer (lol). But i agree that sometime we have problem with OpenGL but 'm not sure flash use it.

So i will try my best to find the best solution and let you see and try.

Thanks to all of us !!

• Hi,

one kind of 'jerking' comes when a jpeg image will be decoded to pixels - the Flashplayer versions below 11 were not able to do that in background, so there was always a small 'pause' when image will be decoded,

with new the Flashplayer 11 there will be a new possibility to avoid that - and the next krpano version 1.0.9 will support that new possibility,

best regards,
    Klaus

describe how that 'jerking' is perceived

The jerking is on the lateral part of the screen, like a small stroboscopic view.

with new the Flashplayer 11 there will be a new possibility to avoid that - and the next krpano version 1.0.9 will support that new possibility,

Very good new, right now is much better, so with the new possibility i think it will be solve.
    We will see.
    I will share with all the community this maze , like that you can give me all your advice.

Thanks Klaus and all of the community.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!