Problem with Flash on android device

• I develop an android application which use Krpano
    i test on a galaxy tab 10.1, android 3.1,flash player 11, plugins activated.
    The application doesn't detect the flash player and i got the message

ERROR
    Flash player 9/10 or higher is needed
    Click here to download .. --> this link lead to a web page not avaiable ?

I use for test purpose you example simple-tour-with-scenes to be fully confident with the code

iIf i load it on my server and check it from my desktop computer, it works well in Firefox and Safari
    If i load it from the navigator of my galaxy tab, it works well
    if i download the application via eclipse to my galaxy tab, it doesn't works and i get the previews message

Its seems as if something was missing in my .apk application. (in the android manifest or else)
    Could somebody help me about the requirement for this .apk application to be released for android, i read hundred and hundred post on the web, forums, without finding a solution

• Hi,

krpano is basically designed and tested to work on webpages, not inside apps!

When you see the html page with the error message that the Flashplayer is needed - then the embedding Javascript was not able to find/detect the Flashplayer! That's something very basic - it means the Flashplayer is not there/not available - and that also means there is nothing that krpano itself can do to change that.

I have no experiences or knowledge about Android App Development, so I can't tell you why the Flashplayer is not available in your case or what would be necessary to make it available... maybe it need to be enabled by some code in your app or maybe the Flashplayer itself doesn't support that way of working...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This means that one can see, on and android tablet a krpano application if it is loaded on the web, via the navigator of the device, but one cannot use krpano on an actual android application .apk (compiled from eclipse for instance)

Claim that Krpano works with Android is only partialy true, and users should clearely be advised

• Hi,

but one cannot use krpano on an actual android application .apk (compiled from eclipse for instance)

you need enable the Flashplayer in your app - krpano can't do that for you!

btw - what means 'compiled from eclipse' ?
    eclipse is just an IDE!
    what framework or code do you use?

e.g. or what code to you use create the WebView (or how that browser component is named in your app)?
    maybe you need to initialize also the plugins first or so!

Claim that Krpano works with Android is only partialy true, and users should clearely be advised

krpano runs in the Flashplayer and when your app can't provide a Flashplayer krpano can't run!
    you will also not able to run any other Flash content without Flashplayer!

beside of that - I'm not advertising anywhere that krpano can be used in apps (not for iPhone and not for Android too)! everyone that ask me I'm telling that it might be possible, but that this is not the official usage case and there is no support for that usage case!

to get it working you would first need to find out how to run/use the Flashplayer in your app!
    either by loading and controlling the 'flashplayer.so' directly or by create a browser view where the Flashplayer is loaded and enabled!

Best regards,
    Klau

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!