SOLVED: iPhone / iPad simulator and videos - but can anyone check on his ipad please

• Hi all!

I'm trying to make my first example embedding a video (plugin and hotspot) for an iPad.
    I don't have an iPad, so I rely on the great iPhone/iPad simulator created by Klaus.
    I can make both work for Safari-Desktop, but as soon as I test the same example in the simulator, nothing appears.

Is there any known issues with videos and the simulator?

Is there any chance that a video can actually works in an iPad despite nothing shows up in the simulator?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

• Sorry for the confusion.

I should have put an example in the firs place. It always helps.

This Link is a test to check if a video works as a hotspot and a plugin in html5. Everything works as expected when I open it using Safari in my Denktop.

This Link is the very same xml file (main_js.xml ) as before, this time opened using your iphone/iPad simulator. Nothing shows there.

So my simplified question is, does the videos work in the iPad?

Thank you for your help!

• Thank you Hans, your post actually led me to find the solution to the problem.

The html file was actually loading the flash version *tongue*
    Once I made the pertinent changes to load the html5 version, I could see that the path to the videos was wrong.
    I put the correct path and now everything works like a charm!

Desktop: Link
    iPad simulator: Link

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!