• merci - I think of an unmoving static image - I suppose it's a plugin image then?

I am currently searching around the forum for a way to have what I would call a static scene.

I had been hoping that the <image> tag would suppport a STATIC image, one that remains static relative to the pano window.

If I have N panoramas I would ideally like to create N+1 scenes with the last scene being the one that is loaded when the panorama starts.
    The last scene would be a static image, actually the front ( pano_f.jpg ) of the first scene - the image would not move and would ignore things
    like autorotate.

The user would be presented with a "press play to enter panorama" hotspot.

The idea is to reduce the amount of data loaded without user consent whilst giving an impression of what the panorama will look like and giving an indication of what
    the first scene will look like, by doing this I can reduce the initial image download by a factor of six ( I am using cube panos ).

I like to present my panos not as a link to a full screen but rather as a ( for example ) 600px by 400px div within a regular website page with other content which can then be made full screen at the users discretion.

In a world with infinite bandwidth I would not not bother with all of this and simply present the user with an autorotating panorama - however finite bandwidth means
    that users will often be irritated if they land on a page that starts loading heavy panos without their consent. Having a "splash screen" with a "push to start" button which only
    loads one of the six cubical images is a good compromise I feel - the user retains a good degree of control and is asked for consent to play but we present something
    a bit better than just a link saying "see 360 tour here".

Ok there are probably other ways to do this but since I write code to write my panos it is a very attractive option algorithmically to make the "splash screen" fit into
    the regular <scene><image> format with a few minor adjustments, I can then inform my code writing algorithm to ignore the last scene ( ie dont include in the thumbs code )
    but I can then add a splash screen simply by loading the last scene when the pano starts rather than the first scene.

In conclusion....

I think it would be a valuable addition to the image type list to have STATIC where static means static relative to the pano window so that a static "splash screen" scene
    could be constructed hopefully such an addition would be implemented for the JS viewer.

I would be interested to see how others have constructed "splash screens" intended to support a "press here to see a virtual tour" button.

The suggestions on this thread so far do suggest how to constuct a mono-chrome scene for this purpose but not a scene that uses the pano_f.jpg from the first scene - ie a sneak look at what will actually appear if the user does press "play".

Kind regards

Jon

• Hi,

that's already possible of course,

just don't use <image> (and <preview>) elements in your current pano/scene,

and include that 'static' image as <plugin> element,

e.g.

Code
    <plugin name="staticimage" url="image.jpg" align="lefttop" width="100%" height="prop" enabled="false" />

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus

Yes that works fine - thanks for the response.

Best regards

Jon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!