License Error on Development Server/"krpano.swf" Domain Limiting?

• Was working with a client yesterday. The virtual tour was showing a license error on their test development server. The same tour with the same licenses was working on the live site (with a .com domain).

Neither server is ISS, my "krpano.license" was embedded in the "krpano.swf" and the "krpanoiphone.js" and "krpanoiphone.license" were embedded in "swfkrpano.js" anyway. I used the KProtect tool to embed the "krpano.license" in the "krpano.swf", specifying the correct domains.

Q. When the "krpano.license" is embedded in the "krpano.swf" by using the Tools droplets (not KProtect), presumably the new "krpano.swf" is not domain limited in any way? Although less secure, I suppose this has a wider margin for error if you want to change to a different domain later on.

Q. Are there any types of server which will not support KRPano? I don't know much about web development and servers to be honest, in the past I've just provided the files and the client has integrated them but I could do with expanding my knowledge base here. Perhaps I just need to give them a non-domain specific "krpano.swf"?
    ---
    If it helps, the server the 'license error' tour was on had a 'webdev' domain (no ".com" at the end). I don't believe it worked using the "wcmsts" domain either.

Thanks in advance as ever for your help folks,

Malcolm

• Hi,

Q. When the "krpano.license" is embedded in the "krpano.swf" by using the Tools droplets (not KProtect), presumably the new "krpano.swf" is not domain limited in any way? Although less secure, I suppose this has a wider margin for error if you want to change to a different domain later on.

without enabled domain limitation, there is no domain check at all, so a license error because of wrong domain shouldn't be possible...

Q. Are there any types of server which will not support KRPano? I don't know much about web development and servers to be honest, in the past I've just provided the files and the client has integrated them but I could do with expanding my knowledge base here. Perhaps I just need to give them a non-domain specific "krpano.swf"?

are you eventually using a different protocol than "http://" or "https://" or "file://" ?
    if yes, that can be the problem...

If it helps, the server the 'license error' tour was on had a 'webdev' domain (no ".com" at the end). I don't believe it worked using the "wcmsts" domain either.

sorry, what is a "webdev" domain?

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks a lot Klaus. Turns out it was a domain issue after all, using the "krpano.swf" with no domain restriction worked. Poor file management on my part, apologies for that.

Keep up the great work!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!