Problem / Bug With Progress Bar

• Hi

Pretty much since I started with krapno I have had some anomalies ( bug or misunderstanding ) with the progress bar.

<progress showload="none" showwait="loopings()" />
    I defined this pretty much straight away after the opening <krpano> tag.

The anomaly was that despite not "asking" for the bar I often got it - so I had the loopings and the bar together
    which does not look very good.

I figured some of this out - not the cause but the set of circumstances.

I was using a big map with hotspots and radar, since the map pretty much took up the entire view I implemented
    a fast transition between scenes with no MERGE or BLEND, no point in blending if no-one can see it.

<action name="transition_fast"> loadscene(%1);</action>

I also had thumbs - these did use a BLEND because the scene is visible when the thumb method is used so the viewer
    can enjoy an nice transition.

I have now figured out that I get the BAR and the LOOPINGS when I use the fast transition between scenes ( ie no BLEND MERGE )
    but I only get the LOOPINGS when I change all code to use a MERGE and BLEND.

This makes me wonder if the option to turn off the BAR ( by setting showload="none" ) is being registered properly by
    Krpano, if most people use BLEND/MERGE or opt for the BAR anyway then it may go un-noticed.

DOC QUOTE[ Show loading progress function - none or auto or bar(...) auto means
    none for multi-resolution panos and bar() for normal panos. ]

My interpretation is that <progress showload="none" showwait="loopings()" /> should give me the loopings only and that this
    setting would be universal (global) to all scenes since it was not defined in a scene.

I noted in another thread that Klaus asked of someone with problems with progress.

"the code itself is okay, where have you added that code? is there a loadpano/loascene call without MERGE or KEEPxxx after
    defining it?"

Perhaps this is suggesting that loading scenes without MERGE loses the progress settings but if so then is this would seem
    a little odd to me since progress is defined outside of any scene, it does not fit into the pattern of a user defined plugin
    and does not seem to have a "keep" field - so presumably its a global "set and forget"?

Looking at the loadscene options

"KEEPPROGRESS - keep current progress settings"

....is this suggesting that the progress settings are potentially volatile? If so then I think additional documentation
    for progress might help prevent the unwary from assuming that it can be used in a "set and forget" manner when set outside
    of any scenes (for instance one line after <krpano> - certainly examination of example code suggested a "set and forget"
    non-volatile global to me.

If I am wrong then apologies for the inaccurate conjecture.

Regards
    Jon

*smile*

• Hi Jonnie,

that´s pretty much the same experience I had with the progress bar. The behavior is somehow unpredictable! I use this to deactivate the progress bar after the initial loading:

Code
    <action name="hide_progress">
    set(progress.showwait,none);
    set(progress.showload,none);
    </action>

But at least the rings are showing up once in a while, even though I set the progress to showreloads="false" *unsure* Did´nt know about the "keepprogress"-tag. I´ll give it a shot, maybe that helps!

Best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi,

right, the <progress> settings for the current pano/scene will be reset to default without MERGE or KEEPPROGRRESS flags,

that means either use these flags or add a <progress> element without your settings to each pano/scene,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!