question flash navigation buttons

• Is it possible to use swf buttons instead of the jpg naviagtion buttons and if so how would that work

<!-- direction/zoom buttons -->
    <plugin name="in" url="btn_plus.jpg" align="bottom" edge="center" y="40" x="-160" blendmode="screen" ondown="set(movevectorz,-1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);" /> *mellow*

• Yes... It would work just the same as using the hotspot_ani.swf for the hotspot.

To test it out... just replace the url="btn_plus.jpg" with url="hotspot_ani.swf" (make sure you put hotspot_ani.swf in the correct folder)

If you find a source of decent free / cheap swf buttons, let me know *g*

Graydon

• Hi Klaus !

What do you mean : "if a swf works a button or hotspots depends also on the swf itself,it can work but it must not..." ?

I've tried to create my own swf file with flash (name hotspot_volant.swf" and replace it in that code :

url="hotspot_volant.swf"
    ath="-0"
    atv="-0"
    scale="2"
    zoom="true"
    blendmode="invert"
    onhover="showtext(go);"
    onclick="action(show_html_field);"
    />

But it doesn't work. I can't see my button. Or exactly, i can see the outline of the swf file but noting in it.
    What sould i know to create mu own swf file ? I know how to use flash. My problem is to integrate it.

Thanx for your help

• Hi,

What do you mean : "if a swf works a button or hotspots depends also on the swf itself,it can work but it must not..." ?

a swf can be a full flash complex program, if it's just an image or animates there should be no problems, but if the swf draws something dynamically, and maybe has own resize events, or changes the layout of the internal drawing stage, then it could be a problem,

Ok, i answer to my question. To see the button :
    blendmode="screen"

yes, the blendmode="invert" was the problem
    you could also use - blendmode="normal" - to display the swf without any blending effect,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!