Hotspot edit mode feature request. ath & atv

• Something that would be incredibly useful for me would be to see the ath & atv of a hotspot while I'm moving it around with the editor. Would be even better if I could click a button beside the hotspot labeled "copy position" and it would copy the code below to my clipboard. Then I could just plug it in to my main xml quickly.

Code
    ath="-43.755537384222635" atv="10.98443149162949"

Say "Hi!" on twitter

Edited once, last by mds (December 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM).

• Something that would be incredible useful for me would be to see the ath & atv of a hotspot while I'm moving it around with the editor. Would be even better if I could click a button beside the hotspot labeled "copy position" and it would copy the code below to my clipboard. Then I could just plug it in to my main xml quickly.

Code
    ath="-43.755537384222635" atv="10.98443149162949"

I agree we need a much better editor. The current one is just so slow and stupid to work with.

I usually use the cursorposition.swf which someone made several years ago. I have no idea who it was and I can not find it among the plugins. But it just give you the position of the cursor on screen.

But much better would be a plugin which also can manipulate the hotspot and give you the positions only for each hotpot to copy-paste.
    Especially for videos which are a pain to position with the editor.

I really do not need a GUI. It would never be able to do things as easy and fast as you can with a text editor and using the droptools with templates for the basics.

Hans

• But much better would be a plugin which also can manipulate the hotspot
    and give you the positions only for each hotpot to copy-paste.
    Especially for videos which are a pain to position with the editor.

I really do not need a GUI. It would never be able to do things as easy and fast as you can with a text editor and using the droptools with templates for the basics.

Hans

I agree any single word.
    I'd need maybe a kind of object-programming gui, that can drop in preformatted pieces of code. It would make it faster, my lack of memory does not help. I have to look up for syntax every single line I write.
    Kolor GUI for krpano is strongly limiting your own opssibilities, and writes an unreadable and hardly modifiable code. I tried it a bit and I'm strongly disappointed.

• Hi,

Something that would be incredible useful for me would be to see the ath & atv of a hotspot while I'm moving it around with the editor. Would be even better if I could click a button beside the hotspot labeled "copy position" and it would copy the code below to my clipboard. Then I could just plug it in to my main xml quickly.

Here a quick example for doing such - edit/dragable hotspot which will print its position during dragging - the text in the info-textfield can be selected and copied:

Click and drag the hotspots:
    https://krpano.com/examples/edit-dragable-hotspots/

The xml:
    https://krpano.com/examples/edit-…le-hotspots.xml

(Note - the latest 1.0.8.15 version and plugins are necessary for that example! (for the text formating))

How does that work?

1. Create a textfield where the information about the currently dragged hotspot will be shown:

Code
    <plugin name="hotspotinfo" keep="true"
            url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf"
            html=""
            css="font-family:Courier;"
            borderwidth="0"
            align="left"
            width="200"
            height="80"
            />

2. Then add an action for dragging the hotspots and showing its position - this one here need to be called only once in the ondown event of the hotspot (the CDATA is necessary here to avoid xml parser errors when using the non-backing-spaces '&nbsp;' for formating the hotspot text):

3. Then the hotspots - to make them edit and dragable just add a 'ondown' event with the 'draghotspot()' action call:

Code
    <hotspot name="spot1" style="hotspot_ani_black" ath="-25" atv="-10" ondown="draghotspot();" />
    <hotspot name="spot2" style="hotspot_ani_black" ath="-15" atv="+10" ondown="draghotspot();" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Try this is should work better.

Code
    <plugin name="dblclick"	url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/dblclick.swf" alturl="%SWFPATH%/plugins/dblclick.js"	keep="true"	ondblclick="screentosphere(mouse.x,mouse.y,toh,tov);roundval(toh,2);roundval(tov,2);trace("ath= ",toh," atv= ",tov);"      />

And where do you find this dblclick.swf and dblclick.js ?

Hans

• Now I'll try it.... *smile*
    Tried.
    Is it already fully working?
    how do I save and see generated xml?

It is the perfect tool, that lets you free of doing ANYTHING, given that you have clue of what you are doing... it is exactely what I was thinking about
    - ability to load and modify old xml, and doing things like to check all external links and put relative paths to currentxml swfpath etc.
    - ability to load up all images in folders (i.e. "panos, imgs, inteface, video") and display them in a kind of library
    - ability to show a scheme with links and connexions between scenes. In this case I'll tell you I have my own way to treat connection hotspots, I use them to call actions (name= scene1-to-scene2) that I keep in a separate xml with<include>. my model with the actions includes the zoom-to-hotspot, and the instruction on how to open the new scene, and then a lookto and the possibility to interrupt y user or not. This helps a lot in tidying up things for final cleanings and second-thoughts.

• Great example Klaus. I was looking for it for a while. It works fine locally, but when I follow the link below I get "out of memory on line 20" error.

https://krpano.com/examples/edit-dragable-hotspots/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!