• My first attempt!

I created this hotspot and when I attempt to put it in the pano, it appears to be floating above the pano instead of fitting in like I see on so many examples. Can anyone help? I am pretty sure it is in the development ( or lack thereof) of the .swf file but I don't have a clue how to fix it. Also, the spot seems to float a little to the left of where I position it. I have it set for about the middle of the door. I assume this is due to the way it is floating on top of the picture.

I have put a sample here at http://www.evirtualtours.com/ . The spot has no working links in this example, I just posted something quickly to show on the forum.

• make it a little smaller. scale the size down to 60% then do an onover tween to 100% and and onout back to 60%. smaller the image the deeper it looks. i could not see you xml code there is an error in it so I cannot say why it does not sit over the door. post the xml and we can examine the code someone will be able to help.

• [code<krpano version="1.0.8">
    <display
    fps="60"
    details="40"
    tessmode="5"
    movequality="LOW"
    stillquality="HIGHSHARP"
    flash10="on"
    movequality10="HIGH"
    stillquality10="HIGHsharp"
    stilltime="0.25"
    />

<view hlookat="-80" vlookat="" fov="90" fovmin="20" fovmax="110" />

<autorotate enabled ="false"
    waittime="1.55"
    accel ="1"
    speed ="10"
    horizon ="0"
    tofov ="NaN"
    />

<hotspot name="s2" url="ball.swf" ath="-87" atv="-7"
    scale="0.5" zoom="false" onhover="showtext(click to enter house,test);"
    keep="false"
    visible="true" enabled="true" handcursor="true" capture="true" children="true"
    zorder="0"
    alpha="1.00" blendmode="normal"
    smoothing="true"
    onloaded="resetsize();"
    onout=""
    onloaded=""
    onclick="set(view.fovmin,6);oninterrupt(break);lookto(273,-7,20,smooth());
    loadpano(f.xml,null,KEEPBASE|NOPREVIEW,BLEND(1), push(view.fovmin);
    set(view.fovmin,6);lookat(350,5,10);wait(blend);zoomto(90,smooth(720,50,360));
    lookto(140,0,130,smooth(20,-30));pop(view.fovmin);)" />

<textstyle name="test" font="Arial" fontsize="14" bold="true" italic="false"
    textcolor="0" background="false" backgroundcolor="16777215" border="false"
    bordercolor="0"
    alpha="1" blendmode="layer" effect="glow(0xFFFFFF,0.85,4,4);
    dropshadow(2,45,0x000000,4,1);"
    origin="cursor" edge="bottom" textalign="center" xoffset="0"
    yoffset="-3" showtime="0.1" noclip="true"
    />

<include url="front.xml" />

</krpano>
    [/code]

• first thing i would try is this. i see your hviewlookat is -80 so you know that -80 should be dead center horizonatally. that to me would be where the corner of the garage is or at least close. -87 would be about where it is. try -82 and -2 that should bring it closer then manually tweak from there.

here is a grid that can be used to find coodinates. i cannot take credit for this someone else on the forums created this idea. but here is a link. overlay this image as a plugin and it will add x and y coodinates to your pano. then just point and record the placement. http://www.virtualnorthland.com/grida.jpg i have not tried it but it seems like it should work.

• thanks, I will try this. Did you notice if you zoom in that the spot does end up about where I placed it on the door?

If I use a different .swf that I borrowed, it places it exactly where I want it and it looks correct. However, I don't have permission to use that .swf so I will not use it online without permission. I have some ethics!

• I set zoom="true" and that took care of the floating issue. There is probably still something I could have changed in Flash to correct for the floating issue, but I am still learning. The cordinates did not line up with the hotspot cordinates that I set but it is very possible that my spot may not be cropped perfectly. I may have a little transparent section that throws the spot to the left. Again, first time using flash. I can only imagine what someone with knowledge can create. *g*

VN2009: Thanks for trying. I have the grid now and plan to make good use of it.

Jarredja

• If one swf works and another doesn't... then it's probably the ball.swf that's causing problems.

When I open up ball.swf by itself in a standalone flash player... it opens up a box area that's much larger than the ball... with the ball in the top left. This is the same "offset" you seem to be having in the posted example.

You could manually compensate for that... but the location will still seem to "float" around on you... and that's because the hotspot zoom is set to false. Turn that to true and you'll probably get a more consistent look... and could then tweak the scale and ath, atv to get the ball on the correct spot.

If possible, see about modifying the ball.swf so that the ball is centered in it's "stage".

• Right on the money, Graydon. *thumbsup* You and I were having the same thoughts at the same time. Cropped the flash stage, although I thought I had done that(must have been another .swf that I was working on). Cordinates work correctly now and zoom fixed the floating problem.

Still there must be something in flash that takes care of the floating because the other hotspot did not have the floating problem.

P.s. That webpage was only an example and will not be corrected. I will leave it up for a bit just in case someone wants to see what this thread was about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!