How to embedding krpano in a joomla site 2.5 ?

• Hello,

How can we integrate a panorama in a joomla site 2.5??
    I would like to integrate my swf without iframe if possible.
    I used the method swfkrpano.js script. Charging completes fine but nothing appears in my window. It's still black and no error message.
    What is the correct method for joomla 2.5 ?

Thank you.

Sorry for my english *wink*

• The best and easiest way to embed a krpano tour into joomla is to use the "blank" module downloadable for free from the Joomla extensions website.

The module allows you to add script and css to the header of your website, as well a html and php into the main body.

You can assign the module to any position and can have multiple instances of panoramas on the same page. Just remember that scripts need only be added once in a header if you are doing this.

Here is a link to download the module - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/cor…in-modules/3668

In Joomla 3+ create a position in an article by adding {loadposition mypositionname} (Change mypositionname to whatever you want) When assigning the module position for your blank module, type in the module position you have just created instead of selecting a position from the dropdown options.

Here is an example of an embedded pano - http://goldingarts.co.nz/parkbrae - not a very good tour! But functional none the less.
    *smile* Let me know if you need any more help!

• Hi Derek,

... looks very promising indeed Anyway, I can't really find out how to embed this into an article.

I downloaded and installed the module - that part worked fine *wink*

Now, when I have my Joomla article, I create this position like you said - but when I paste the necessary part of the code of the original krpano-html file intothe module options "HTML"-field, the original connection to the tour folder is lost. How can I provide the right path to the folder with the rest of the panorama content, i.e. panos, plugins, xmls?

Could you give a more step-by-step explanation? I would appreciate it very much *smile*

Yours,
    Michael

• Hi Derek and all...

I fiddled around with the parameters and path infos a bit longer and achieved some success.

1. As I understand it now, you have to duplicate the module part as many times, as you want to show it in an article, each time with a dedicated name of the module position, according to the given individual name in the article itself.

2. Be sure to assign the desired menus to the module in the "Menu Assignment" tab (learned about that here: http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put…e_an_article%3F)

3. Paste the original html code into the HTML-content field of the "Options" tab.

4. Be sure to add the complete path from root of your joomla installation (Of course, with more than one panorama project, you would need additional project folders and their paths).

5. You might want to alter the settings in Options->"Graphics Display" as well to get rid of the default backgrounds, borders etc.

This should then look somehow like this:

Well, this is working just fine - for the flash version of it. The html5 version though is not showing when used like this. Derek: Yours is working in HTML5 as well - where am I wrong?

Any help appreciated very much,

Michael

• Hi Michael,

I'm following this thread also as Joomla has always been a pain in the rear when it comes to Krpano.

I checked Derek's solution in the Chrome browser with Flash switched off and get the error message saying that Adobe Flash Player 9/10 or higher needed so no html5?

I know how frustrating Joomla can be at times so thought I throw in my solution. Open the tour in a new window then you don't have to worry about whose got Flash, html5, if it's responsive in size, whose viewing on an iPad, smartphone etc. If you don't want to use a new window you could always have a 'Home' button down on the krpano navbar using the following code:

or change the ../index.html (in the onclick part) to the Joomla article required.

The downside to this is that you need to offer a high quality version of the 360 as a lot of people will be viewing full screen on large monitors. Perhaps some sort of code for screen size percentage would overcome that if you wanted to to keep the file sizes down?

Apologies if you've already thought of this method and disregarded it.

Andrew

• Hello Andrew,

I know how frustrating Joomla can be at times so thought I throw in my solution. Open the tour in a new window then you don't have to worry about whose got Flash, html5, if it's responsive in size, whose viewing on an iPad, smartphone etc. If you don't want to use a new window you could always have a 'Home' button down on the krpano navbar using the following code:

... that is, how I dealt with panos before. I did hope for some inline panoramics right now, but it seems not really feasible, I guess. I will stick to that good ol' method, as you recommend.

Thanks for looking into this,

Yours,
    Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!