Pano Size really really big - Help me please :D [SOLVED]

• Hello!

first of all I'm new in this community so this is my first post.

I have to say that i totally love panoramics images and off course krpano!

I'm having a big problem and I cannot figure out how to solve it.

I have several panoramas in 10000 x 5000 px wich the size is more less 40mb (saved in jpg with 12 quality)

When i run the make vtour (multires) just for one single pano the size of of the whole VTOUR folder is aproximatly 100MB wich is insane!

I tried resaving the image with 10 quality wich low my initial image to 11 mb more less but again the folder goes to the same 100 MB.

As setting I'm using:

# multiresolution settings
    multires=true
    tilesize=auto
    levels=auto
    levelstep=2
    maxsize=auto
    maxcubesize=auto
    leveldownload=auto

what could be the problem?

I tryed look in the forum but i cannot find any solution.

Any help would be really awesome and appreciated!

this is one of the pano: pano

Best regards

Max

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mrmax (6. September 2012 um 12:28)

• If you want to have less size you need to specify a smaller cubeface and use the standard non multiresolution option.

I can see that with the auto settings I get a folder of 13.5 mb with your pano.
    You get 3 levels with the second size 1592 pixels which is very good

With a standard screen size of max 1366x768 that almost 80% of all your visitors use you will just load the 1592 size at entry.
    If you look all around and not zoom you only use 3.4 mb download as you just load the first 2 levels.

You can even reduce that by just removing the first level. Unless you have your pano in a small iframe on your page it is just waste of download having smaller level than 1540

If you want to control all this you need to learn how to setup the config file.
    Compression can also be increased in the basicsettings.config Standard is 82. If you use more compression which means a smaller number for example 76 you can save 20% download.

Hans

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!