• Hi,

I'd like to make a set of tour templates that go on my server- using the "include" node I'm hoping to structure the tours so that the templates which don't need changing simply sit in one place - so that if I update them all the tours using the same interface are all updated simultaneously.
    These template xml files will also be embedded in an html file that calls the krpano flash and (if possible) the javaplayer as well. Again this is for easy updating of the software on a number of tours in one go.

My questions : a) If a large number of tours (over 100) are linked from as many websites and are calling the same set of xml files and pngs images will this slow down the tours? or is the difference negligible and effectively dependent on the server bandwidth?
    b) Can anyone foresee any problems with this idea?

Thanks
    Yaz

• Hi,

a) If a large number of tours (over 100) are linked from as many websites and are calling the same set of xml files and pngs images will this slow down the tours

no, the opposite will be happen, because these files can be cached better in this case - and - I'm not sure, but I think for the server it will be also better to serve always the same files instead of many different ones (e.g. because of internal optimizations like file-in-memory caching)

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!