• The new editor is great but it seems to be confused with what it saves and opens.

I created a new skin for an old tour using the new options with the scroll thumbs.
    Easy done and as I wanted still the old one I named it skin2/vtourskin.xml and the new tour.xml was saved as tour2.xml.

I copied the editor and the plugin and modified the link in the editor html to tour2.xml.

Fine, it opens the new skin fine and I set the view and try to ad a hotspot. It all works fine in the editor and I try to save it.
    the save however still says tour.xml even if the one it shows is the tour2.xml.
    OK I just click save and change to tour2.xml and save it to delete the old one.

When i open the tour what do I get. Not the new skin but the old one. The view is changed but there is no hotspot and when I check the link to the skin it is actually the skin/skin1.xml and all other options are also exactly the same as in tour.xml

Back to the editor and check the view xml and even if everything I see is from the tour2.xml the view xml shows me the tour.xml

Apparently the editor can not figure out to read and save the same tour.xml as the one it loads from embed.

Hans

• I have also now tried to do it with the tour.xml in which I changed the skin to the new skin.

Even if I can see and use the added hotspots in the editor and I can also edit and save the the tour.xml it does not save any codes for the hotspots.

This is disappointing.

I can not see that the new tour.xml created by the new tools contain any codes for the arrow hotspots. So what is missing in my old tour.xml
    Why can the editor not write the codes for them and how is it possible that you can see them in the editor.

And yes I have updated the viewer also.

Hans

• OK I found out what is confusing it.

If your old xml contains this the editor can not ad the new hotspots.

<!-- place hotspots here -->

<!-- example hotspot:
    <hotspot name="spot1" style="hotspot_ani_black"
    ath="0"
    atv="0"
    zoom="false"
    onclick="looktohotspot(get(name)); loadscene('insert-scene-name',null,MERGE,BLEND(1));"
    />
    -->

You need to remove the example so that it says just

<!-- place hotspots here -->

Kind of weird and of course makes using it for old project a little harder.

But the problem with using another name than tour.xml seems to still be the big problem.

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (September 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM).

• As far as I can see there is only one way to do it currently if you need to have several versions of the tour.xml. You have to temporary rename your working xml to tour.xml and ev hide your original tour.xml.

The editor refuses to work if you do not have an xml named tour.xml
    Apparently the name tour.xml is hidden in the vtoureditor.swf

Hans

• Yes, this would be nice. I dont use the xml portion of the editor as i use php templates an export my xml manually. But like its other features.
    At first it worked without tour.xml, but then some change occured and killed the tour until i through in a dummy file. Setting an option for this would be nice.

• Hi,

the current version of the vtoureditor plugin was made especially for the MAKE VTOUR droplet and so it was always loading a 'tour.xml' named file (the buttons 'edit tour.xml' and 'save tour.xml' should suggest that too ).

But in the next release this will be changed, then the correct startup xml file should be loaded.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!