krpano 1.0.8 beta 8

• has anyone made any new panos with beta 8 ? i think i have an issue but want to see if others expirience the same. i made some new panos and the rotate very choppy. used same code from one i created with 1.0.7 and it is way smoother. they are both using the same 1.0.8 beta 8 krpano.swf, only difference is the tools used to chop up the image, new vs. old ..... the code used in train.xml was cut and pasted from suplobby.xml .... see if you can notice the difference in how smooth the panos rotate, it happens for me locally and over the internet.

EDIT: after more investigating i think the issue was the fact that i was processing anywhere from 10-15 panos at a time. I would grab 3 tiffs at a time and drop them and then do that 3-4 times. so i would have 3-5 windows crunching 3 panos each. all images processed under "crunch time" were choppy. I could reprocess each one individually and loose the choppyness. I did notice that it would take a really long time to make some of the tiles. it would speed up and slow down as the 3 ran in each window. must cuase some kind of issues somehow. I have a really fast PC. 2.2ghz quad core @ 1333 fsb, 8 gb of pc1066 corsair XMS ram, and 2 10,000 rpm WD Raptors HDD's running in RAID 0 and a radeon HD4850 with 1gb of onboard memory. Wouldnt think processing panos would stress it so much. all 4 cores are pegged at 100%.

lesson = do not run too many at a time.

Edited once, last by VN2009 (June 19, 2009 at 9:05 PM).

• has anyone made any new panos with beta 8 ? i think i have an issue but want to see if others expirience the same. i made some new panos and the rotate very choppy. used same code from one i created with 1.0.7 and it is way smoother. they are both using the same 1.0.8 beta 8 krpano.swf, only difference is the tools used to chop up the image, new vs. old ..... the code used in train.xml was cut and pasted from suplobby.xml .... see if you can notice the difference in how smooth the panos rotate, it happens for me locally and over the internet.

Hi,

the version 1.0.7 uses only Flash9 rendering functions for showing the pano,
    1.0.8 uses new Flash10 rendering functions by default, which were better but also slower,

disable the Flash10 usage in the xml to get the same like 1.0.7,
    e.g. in the xml:

Code
    <display flash10="off" />

but for cubical panos, without fisheye effect using Flash10 can be faster than Flash9 (with better quality),

best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,
    In this case if I switch off flash 10 & users has installed flash 10 on his computer then will it be able to display the pano made for flash 9 in flash 10?

I have visited few links here on the forum & I cant see their pano bcoz it gives me Error "flash 9 not installed"
    Here is one sample I cant see bcoz it needs flash 9 & I have flash 10 installed.
    http://www.maya360.com/ADV/code/test2.html

Edited once, last by rinks (June 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM).

• Hi,

this has nothing do with the installed flash version
    krpano always needs at minimum flashplayer version 9.0.28,

but when flashplayer 10 is present, then krpano is able to use the new function of it,
    and the using of the new flash10 functions can be enabled and disabled (via the "display.flash10" parameter)

in the 1.0.8 beta versions it is also possible to switch between flash9 and flash10 rendering
    by pressing the '9' or '0' keys,

I have visited few links here on the forum & I cant see their pano bcoz it gives me Error "flash 9 not installed"
    Here is one sample I cant see bcoz it needs flash 9 & I have flash 10 installed.
    http://www.maya360.com/ADV/code/test2.html

in this case the "swfobject.js" file was missing, this gives also the same message,
    in the 1.0.8 beta html examples I have also added a detection if the swfobject.js was found,
    and if not it shows now a correct message,

best regards,
    klaus

in this case the "swfobject.js" file was missing,

So in this case the author can only fix this by including the "swfobject.js" file,
    I cant do anything at my end, Right??

• and what if I set the flash10 options in "display" to ON, then a user with flash 9 can´t see my pano? So it´s better to always use flash10 off?

No... if the user does not have flash 10... the pano will still display fine... it just falls back to the flash9 mode. Some things may look odd if you've tweaked it to display in flash 10 (like straight lines being wavy).

• i cant really figure out what is going on un the new panos i have made. check this one out. even single processing it is choppy. when you get to nadir and zenith it gets really really bad. i am not doing anything different from what i normallt do but these ones are not smooth enough for me to use commercially. someone take a look and let me know if the nadir and zenith are choppy. i know the patching is terrible but this is just a test. i rotate past the nadir and zenith and it almost locks up.

http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/__canalp…0w%20train.html

• vn2009 - they look fine to me.

when first loading and moving around I experience a bit of start / stop jitter action in the movement... but that is just as a new tile is loaded.

As far as visual chop / issues... looks fine for a test.

Interesting "mystical train" just disappearing like that : )

• in this case the "swfobject.js" file was missing, this gives also the same message,
    in the 1.0.8 beta html examples I have also added a detection if the swfobject.js was found,
    and if not it shows now a correct message,

Klaus - this is confusing to me *blink*

If the "swfobject.js" file is missing... then shouldn't the default contents of the div be shown?

i.e.

Code
    <div id="krpano">
    <noscript><table width="100%" height="100%"><tr valign="middle"><td><center>ERROR:<br><br>Javascript not activated<br><br></center></td></tr></table></noscript>

Then... when the swfobject swf is available... it goes through the if / else ... and when the IF fails... it shows the else... which is what rinks and I are seeing.

I was going to attach a screenshot... but can't do it on this thread.

Graydon

• i cant really figure out what is going on un the new panos i have made. check this one out. even single processing it is choppy. when you get to nadir and zenith it gets really really bad. i am not doing anything different from what i normallt do but these ones are not smooth enough for me to use commercially. someone take a look and let me know if the nadir and zenith are choppy. i know the patching is terrible but this is just a test. i rotate past the nadir and zenith and it almost locks up.

http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/__canalp…0w%20train.html

try disabling flash10:
    <display ... flash10="off" />
    (and maybe lower the details)

or convert the pano to a cubical one and disable the fisheye effect,
    this should give a better performance with flash10,

• Klaus - this is confusing to me *blink*

If the "swfobject.js" file is missing... then shouldn't the default contents of the div be shown?

No

see the old "embedding" skript:

Code
    if (typeof(deconcept) !== 'undefined' && deconcept.SWFObjectUtil.getPlayerVersion().major >= 6)
    {
      ... embed flash ...
    }
    else
    {
      ... show error message - flashplayer9 needed ...
    }

in both cases - when the "deconcept" object was not defined (which will be only defined when the swfobject.js was found) and when the flash version was too low - the same error message was shown,

the current (1.0.8) html examples split up this checking:

best regards,
    Klaus

• PS. possible double post, I posted earlier anon and its not been show yet

is there a way of calculating from 4 points (as in the above example) the correct XYZ rotation degrees for a distorted image / video to overlay into the pano. I wish I had payed more attention to math at school (but back then we where using inches) I like the editor functions but already have developed a program to create tours very quickly.

Any one know how to do this?

ps. some of our work using your fine pano viewer
    bikersisland.360pla.net
    innenraum-test.360pla.net
    schollenkrug.360pla.net

• Hi,

yes, that's possible, but not easy, I'm also working on that

from 4 point you don't get only the rotations, also the width and height can (must) be calculated from these points,

when I have the final calculation I will let you know

best regards,
    Klaus

• EDIT: Forget this post... Doesnt work that way, I just had one example where it looked like it was working...

Getting XYZ from 4 2d points...

Ok klaus I have found a way to do it.. but its not soooo optimal...

firstly you find the middle point by joining the corners and finding the crossing point, then you turn the 4 2d points into 3d points (leaving Z=0) and then you rotate X & Y until the sides have roughly the same length and are parallel then you just rotate so Z is straight.. and hey presto you have the correct size and the XYZ angles...

The code is in java and pretty dirty, I will clean it up and send you a copy tommorrow...

cu Gary

Edited 2 times, last by GaryD (June 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM).

• Hi Klaus (Guten Tag)
    Convert 2D spots to XYZ rotation,
    I cant seem to get this to work so I have passed it on to some mathematical genies.. if I get feedback I will inform you..

What I need to know now to solve the solution differently is what is the Unit of the height and Width by the distorted pixels? if its pixels what is the viewers real pixel width? and secondly when you rotate the distorted hotspots what focal length do you use.

Hope you can help

• Hi,

I'm not sure if it would be possible to solve it from external at the moment,
    some informations can be only accessed internally (projection matrix for example)

What I need to know now to solve the solution differently is what is the Unit of the height and Width by the distorted pixels? if its pixels what is the viewers real pixel width? and secondly when you rotate the distorted hotspots what focal length do you use.

yes, the original pixel width and height is used,
    but they are mapped to a internal 1000x1000x1000 pixel sized cube,
    e.g. 1000 pixel width = 90° of view

the focal length is calculated from the fov and the screen height (when no fisheye projection is used), but that would be not much helpfully here, the screentosphere() function could be more useful for external calculations...

it is not that difficult, it will just need some time
    it should be ready in the next release,

best regards,
    Klaus

• [*]new "preload" parameter for plugins

• force loading before pano,
    • can be used for the soundinterface plugin for example to make sure that the soundinterface is already loaded before making calls to it
    • example usage:
      Code
      <krpano onstart="playsound(...);">
      <plugin url="soundinterface.swf" preload="true" />

Hi,

Can it be used to load a intro which is in another swf ?

in other terms, can it be an alternative to "embed krpano in another swf" (which is not possible actually) ?

Thanks !

• Can it be used to load a intro which is in another swf ?

in other terms, can it be an alternative to "embed krpano in another swf" (which is not possible actually) ?

Hi, sorry, I'm not sure what you mean exactly...

but "preload" forces the plugin to be loaded before the pano and before any "actions" are happen,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!