Beginner's guide to krpano

• Is there a Beginner's guide to krpano that someone can point me to? I've downloaded the files and don't know where to start. I've looked at a lot of information but I haven't see how to proceed with the work flow.

A bullet point outline on what to do once I have my completed equirectangular image would be a big help.

Version 1.0.8-beta8

- Drop equirectangular image onto MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet.bat. 1.0.7 Info & Tutorial
    - Add logo to bottom right corner. How do I do this?
    - Upload files to website

Thanks,
    Phil

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Phil (7. Juni 2009 um 19:56)

• I am 5 days old to Krpano & quite impressed with its capabilities I read hereas much I could understand & downloaded krtools 1.0.8 & autopano tour.

I have played with autopano tour & have been successfully able to make tours with hot spots & other features, most features i autopano tour have GUI so its easy, but with krtools I am stumped...................it seems I need to be expert about many things before I can even try it out.

I came here looking a beginner's guide but dont see it here, for a beginner this site has too much scattered information & I am lost where to start, reading few post I could make out that I need to drag the jpeg image to the .bat file & it converted it into a panorama+html page, but there so many plugins how do I use them?

I want to test
    multires panorama
    use plugins (how do I add them?)
    use thumbnails for hot linked panoramas.

so my question is Can I do all this from autopao tour (I prefer its GUI)
    Do I need both of them or krtools is a different product, infact I am too confused as to what is the main product here to consider
    is it
    krpanoviewer
    krflashpanorama viewer
    krtools with multiple subtools & plugins

The site is too confusing to me but I am equally interested in what karpano offers so i am willing to take pains if someone is kind enough to give some step by step instruction.

Thanks

• I would recommend to try out some of the examples that come in the zip files, get the beta ones and the old one as well.

Have a read through the Documentations and see what there is in KrPano, there is a lot so just take your time...

P.s. You are not Phil Warner (PanoDuino maker) by any change?

• I would recommend to try out some of the examples that come in the zip files, get the beta ones and the old one as well.

Have a read through the Documentations and see what there is in KrPano, there is a lot so just take your time...

That's what I've been doing this weekend trying to see how things go together. I've been using Pano2vr and got spoiled with their video tutorials. Development there is slow and behind KRPano so I'm working in the KRPano demo mode until I get through the basic learning curve.

P.s. You are not Phil Warner (PanoDuino maker) by any change?

That's me. Looking at your website you have some great gigapixel images with Ólafur Haraldsson being my favorite. It would make an amazing 1m x 3m print. Are you shooting them with a NN?

Phil

• First drop an image on the MAKE MULTIRES FLAT PANO droplet this will give you a first pano to play with

then look at the example folders and then read about it from the documents on this website,trust me it will all drop into place when you dig around abit.

tim2420

tip:

this is the most important plugin that will help you
    http://www.krpano.com/plugins/editor/

the editor plugin helps to edit the xml and test the settings of a pano online

• That's what I've been doing this weekend trying to see how things go together. I've been using Pano2vr and got spoiled with their video tutorials. Development there is slow and behind KRPano so I'm working in the KRPano demo mode until I get through the basic learning curve.

That's me. Looking at your website you have some great gigapixel images with Ólafur Haraldsson being my favorite. It would make an amazing 1m x 3m print. Are you shooting them with a NN?

Phil

I thought Pano2QTVR was out of business and given up.. Ohh well, you will like KrPano so much better.

Thanks a lot Phil I am trying my best with this, I do use the NN3, older version for my panorama work. I still have a few I need to upload from Australia and New Zealand since I was there some months ago, due to my BA due on the 23rd this month I am rather busy but I hope to get some time this summer.

The reason I was asking if you where the maker of (PanoDuino) is I tried to get in touch with you early in my BA project(The only way I could get in touch with you was through Flickr so I started a Flickr account and tried to get in touch there.), as I am studying Interaction Design and I decided to try and make a panoramic robot, your project had interested me for some time then. I ended with working on Papywizard (Frédéric's) and a Merlin astronomical head. It is pretty slow but it works like a charm. I have talked to Frédéric and he has said he has talked to you about your robot.

I would love to pick your head a little if you are up for it, when and if you are interested. I do have some things that might interest you. I am really fascinated about the speed of your robot as well as your ideas about mounting it on a "Model Helicopter" for above scenery.

As well you are free to pick my head for anything I am working on not forgetting usage of KrPano.

• I have yet to try the Multires Tile making in KrPano, I would like to ask you guys that have tried do you find any difference in the KrTiles and the Zoomify tiles? I have tried the Zoomify tiles in KrPano and it works super fast.

• Zitat

The reason I was asking if you where the maker of (PanoDuino) is I tried to get in touch with you early in my BA project(The only way I could get in touch with you was through Flickr so I started a Flickr account and tried to get in touch there.), as I am studying Interaction Design and I decided to try and make a panoramic robot, your project had interested me for some time then. I ended with working on Papywizard (Frédéric's) and a Merlin astronomical head. It is pretty slow but it works like a charm. I have talked to Frédéric and he has said he has talked to you about your robot.

Frédéric's Papywizard with the Merlin head are perfect for gigapixel images. My system doesn't have the fine resolution that you would need but it's great for spherical panoramas. I'd like to build another version of the PanoDuino using stepper motors but I haven't had the time to get into it.

Zitat

I would love to pick your head a little if you are up for it, when and if you are interested. I do have some things that might interest you. I am really fascinated about the speed of your robot as well as your ideas about mounting it on a "Model Helicopter" for above scenery.

As well you are free to pick my head for anything I am working on not forgetting usage of KrPano.

My email is philip at warner dot net and we could also talk using Skype (philwarner). I'm hoping to have some good aerial 360s with the rc helicopter in another month. This week I'm trying to get the krpano basics down where I can rebuild what I created with pano2vr and then take it a few steps further.

Phil

• Frédéric's Papywizard with the Merlin head are perfect for gigapixel images. My system doesn't have the fine resolution that you would need but it's great for spherical panoramas. I'd like to build another version of the PanoDuino using stepper motors but I haven't had the time to get into it.

My email is philip at warner dot net and we could also talk using Skype (philwarner). I'm hoping to have some good aerial 360s with the rc helicopter in another month. This week I'm trying to get the krpano basics down where I can rebuild what I created with pano2vr and then take it a few steps further.

Phil

I am getting very much so into Spherical Panoramas as of lately, I had the idea of trying to build 2 versions of a panorama head, one for fast Spherical and one for Gigapixel work, I wanted both to be light and portable. As I am not an Engineer or an Electronic engineer I do have a lot of challenges. Same with coding, i can understand code pretty good, but making from scratch can take me eons sometimes. I added you on skype and hope to have a conversation to you sometime in the very near future.

To mention the Papywizard I love how you are able to record the movements as xml and import them into AutoPano for much better and quicker stitching.

• this is the most important plugin that will help you
    http://www.krpano.com/plugins/editor/

the editor plugin helps to edit the xml and test the settings of a pano online

Tim, as per suggestion I have been playing with the included examples now its time I make my panos & load it online for doing so I have few questions.

1. Do I have to upload all the contents of the krpano viewer online?

2. I made my 1st multires pano by dragging the jpeg image to multires pano droplet, that gives me a folder containing images/skin/swfobject/html/xml/swf files, now how do I add plugins to this file?

3. Each plugin has a code to include in the xml file Do I copy the plugin folders to the server & add the relevent code in xml file or do I need something else too?

4. Can I make tour multi linked tours from autopano & then further use the plugins to add radar/thumbnails etc by editing the xml file?

5. If I am able to add plugins>editor to my tour then will I be able to edit the xml file & "save" on the server or is the editor just meant to fine tune the xml & then copy the code to the real xml file & re upload to the server?

I hope my questions will help other beginners who are wanting to get hold of basic understanding.

Thanks

• hi, rinks, good questions.
    Not sure if you get this already too, if not, may I, as a beginner too, know as well how to change view (little planet view, stereographic view, fisheye view, architectural view) in the pano html preview? thanks!

• Hi,

1. Do I have to upload all the contents of the krpano viewer online?

no, you could view/test it also locally, just open the html file in the browser,

2. I made my 1st multires pano by dragging the jpeg image to multires pano droplet, that gives me a folder containing images/skin/swfobject/html/xml/swf files, now how do I add plugins to this file?

edit the created xml file,
    e.g.
    to include the editor plugin:

Code
    <plugin name="editor" url="editor.swf" />

to include a logo:

Code
    <plugin name="logo" url="image.png" align="rightbottom" x="10" y="10" />

for the plugin syntax have a look here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin

3. Each plugin has a code to include in the xml file Do I copy the plugin folders to the server & add the relevent code in xml file or do I need something else too?

yes, but you could structurate the files/folders like you want,
    only the path in the xml to files/plugins must be right,

4. Can I make tour multi linked tours from autopano & then further use the plugins to add radar/thumbnails etc by editing the xml file?

yes, that should be possible,

5. If I am able to add plugins>editor to my tour then will I be able to edit the xml file & "save" on the server or is the editor just meant to fine tune the xml & then copy the code to the real xml file & re upload to the server?

the editor can't really save the file, it only saves the xml internally and reloads it,
    (in 1.0.8 beta 8 I have already renamed that button )

Not sure if you get this already too, if not, may I, as a beginner too, know as well how to change view (little planet view, stereographic view, fisheye view, architectural view) in the pano html preview? thanks!

e.g. copy the <contextmenu> and <action> tags from this example to your xml:
    HTML: https://krpano.com/examples/108b8…ttleplanet.html
    XML: https://krpano.com/examples/108b8…ittleplanet.xml

or copy these parts to a external xml file and include this xml file,
    I have attached a example xml: view-contextmenu.xml

include this xml to your pano xml with:

Code
    <include url="view-contextmenu.xml" />

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks klaus,
    With your answers I am now able to edit & add code to the xml files easily. I have tested most of the plugins some have syntax errors which the editor reports & then I correct it further.

Hope to spend few days more before I start running.
    Regards

• KRPano is both a set of lightweight yet powerful tools which you can use to prepare an equirectangular image or create virtual tours with and also a panoramic image and virtual tour viewer. Its output can be in either flash or HTML5 format for viewing in the KRPano viewer or for usage inside a browser. The latest version of KRPano includes support for your projects in webvr 1.1 so that a user can access your tours with a head-mounted display directly in the browser. to read the detailed KRPano tutorial .

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!