Switching showtext according to chosen language?

• Language switch, again...

When the user hovers over the map hotspots, the scene name shall show up according to the chosen language. I thought this would be a simple task and tried the following:

- Create a list of variables with the names consisting of the language setting and spot number and the value being the descriptive text
    - Create an action which generates the 'onhover="showtext(spotnamedescription_03,smalltext);" 'parameter

But I don't seem to have a proper understanding of how the variables work. Can anybody help to get that right?

So where is my error?

Any help very much appreciated, thank you

Michael

• Solved! Thanks to Piotr in this thread: title tag localisation

• Strange issue: Now I added 40 map hotspots with a titel in 2 languages each. But the hover information is not refreshed every time. That means, that you hover over some hotspots with the right titel and then again the titel is getting stuck with the last hotspot titel for some few new hotspots. Tracing the values shows exactly that: the values are not being refreshed. Why is that???

edit: this happens even with only 2 hotspots on the map...

Michael

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mstoss (24. Januar 2013 um 00:12)

• This is the mappoint-xml as it is now. I have set two hotspots to receive their title information via an IF-condition for control purposes.

• Hi Piotr,

I decided to switch over to the IF-version in the end. I could not find the error, but I'm sure it was only some typo anywhere. I was running out of time so I stopped fiddling around with that. Your approach is working, I used it for the original localisation issue to be found in this thread:

title tag localisation

So, many thanks again for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!