AF Components Scrolling panel doesn't work inside Krpano

• Hello Mr K!

I have purchased a flash component to use inside krpano but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I have just posted them telling about this problem, but I thought that you might know why it doesn't work.

This is the example

And this is the flash file (works itself)

It is very extrange because if I insert Umap (other of their components) inside that example, Umap works perfectly .Any idea?

Thank you very much!

• Hi,

this seems to be a "path"-problem - the flash component search for the "vtlist.xml" file in the root path,
    when it is started standalone the root path is the path of the "summersundae.swf" file
    and it works, but on when it is started from krpano the root path is the path of the html file
    and it doesn't find the "vtlist.xml",
    the solution is the copy the file to the path of the html file or change the path in your plugin,
    a other solution would be to pass the path to the xml from krpano,

e.g. - xml - add a user defined sub node - "vtlist"

Code
    <plugin name="summersundae" url="../flash/summersundae.swf">
      <vtlist url="../flash/vtlist.xml" />
    </plugin>

to access this variable from the plugin/actionscript:

Code
    var xmlurl:String = krpano.get("plugin[summersundae].vtlist.url");

(note - "url" attributes are automatically converted to full paths)

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Mr. K,

I was going to write post saying that I solved the problem (by a chance) when I noticed you already replied me.
    It's not the first time a path problem give me a head ache. Once I spent hours wondering what was wrong until I found into the documentation that the relative path is traced from the first xml file loaded. ?(

Can I ask how did you know the component was looking for the xml file in the wrong place? Do you use a magic debug application or something?

Thanks

• to access this variable from the plugin/actionscript:

Code
    var xmlurl:String = krpano.get("plugin[summersundae].vtlist.url");

(note - "url" attributes are automatically converted to full paths)

best regards,
    Klaus

hi Klaus i try to use AF Components Scrolling panel, where i have to do this ?

• Hi,

you can use this code anywhere in your plugin, it just reads a value from the loaded xml,
    have a look in the plugin sources for more krpano as3 interface examples,

but I can't help with question about the AF Components Scrolling panel itself,
    I haven't used it yet.

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!