difference between krpano and google business photo

• No table that i'm aware of too many differences really. SachaGriffin's answer isnt strictly correct as there are huge differences between the two.

Main difference is that Google Business Photos tours appear natively within and are accessible through Google products such as search, maps and street view itself. This has obvious SEO benefits due to increased click through rates etc.

In terms of interaction yes krpano is ahead of the game but alot of the functionality for krpano I and other maps api developers are trying to recreate such as in video and hotspots etc. theres a way to go but i will be launching a service for Google Business Photos tours soon that adds functionality although it doesnt do this natively within Street view and Maps it still works on private websites and in effect does and hopefully will do, what Krpano does eventually.

Hope this helps, if your interested in finding out more about Google Business Photos feel free to check out our website at http://www.cinsidemedia.com

*smile*

• No table that i'm aware of too many differences really. SachaGriffin's answer isnt strictly correct as there are huge differences between the two.

Main difference is that Google Business Photos tours appear natively within and are accessible through Google products such as search, maps and street view itself. This has obvious SEO benefits due to increased click through rates etc.

In terms of interaction yes krpano is ahead of the game but alot of the functionality for krpano I and other maps api developers are trying to recreate such as in video and hotspots etc. theres a way to go but i will be launching a service for Google Business Photos tours soon that adds functionality although it doesnt do this natively within Street view and Maps it still works on private websites and in effect does and hopefully will do, what Krpano does eventually.

Hope this helps, if your interested in finding out more about Google Business Photos feel free to check out our website at http://www.cinsidemedia.com

*smile*

Hi,

Can "(c) google" watermark, which is all over the pano, be removed from/not shown in a Google Photos Tour?

cheers,
    Dorin

• Hi Dorin

Not that Im aware of sorry.

Thats one of the reasons I developed the old interface that I used on my website StreetVisit.com to link custom tours into Google Streetview. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug in the master code Google side that causes some browser compatibility issues and the links to custom tours dont always appear, at least that was the case last time I looked.

Its something I might ask about as some clients dont like the fact the copyright logo is there.

C

• hello ZODIACBLUE,

I stumbled upon this old thread and found this to be very informative.
    I visited both your sites, streetvisit.com and http://cinsidemedia.com/
    I think things have changed a lot in last 3 yrs, as even your cinsidemedia seems to be using only krpano now and not embedding streetview
    I had a query and you seem to be the most qualified person to answer it.
    Why should I choose to use a paid krpano player over free google streetview player?

Some points I can think of are
    1. 360 video support
    2. no google logo
    3. more player customization options

Are there any other points which would make krpano a better choice if one is ready to pay?

Best Regards,

Vishwas

• For what it's worth, I have a comparison in my Google FAQ page.

It is somewhat a simplification. For instance, it is possible to achieve the same image quality in a Google tour as in a KRPano tour by prestitching all panos and doing as much custom work on each as you like. But that significantly increases production time and cost of a Google tour. That said, I personally have given up on Google's automated stitcher and pre-stitch all my Google panos but in an automated workflow. My custom (KRPano) tour images get a lot more time and attention.

I also don't discuss using the tour interface overlay services like WalkInto and TourMake. Personally, in general, I don't see their point. If you are gong to the time and expense of producing a custom interface why not use the vastly superior capabilities of KRPano? You can still have a Google tour for its integration in Google and use the same images in a custom tour for the client's website.

• For what it's worth, I have a comparison in my Google FAQ page.

It is somewhat a simplification. For instance, it is possible to achieve the same image quality in a Google tour as in a KRPano tour by prestitching all panos and doing as much custom work on each as you like. But that significantly increases production time and cost of a Google tour. That said, I personally have given up on Google's automated stitcher and pre-stitch all my Google panos but in an automated workflow. My custom (KRPano) tour images get a lot more time and attention.

I also don't discuss using the tour interface overlay services like WalkInto and TourMake. Personally, in general, I don't see their point. If you are gong to the time and expense of producing a custom interface why not use the vastly superior capabilities of KRPano? You can still have a Google tour for its integration in Google and use the same images in a custom tour for the client's website.

For what it's worth, I have a comparison in my Google FAQ page.

I disagree with your comparison in this point between google and custom.

"Superior Quality:
    No distortions, broken lines misaligned parts or ghosted elements that have moved between shots
    Clean bottom of the image (no blurred tripod)
    Retouching possible to fix or enhance the image."

you can do this in google too...its just that.. you might not want it :D

• you can do this in google too...its just that.. you might not want it :D

True. As I said it is something of a simplification. Now that we can upload prestitched panos you can make each as great as you like. But most Google clients don't want to pay for the extra work, I find. And I dare say the vast majority of shooters are using Google's automated stitcher.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!