textTable plugin

• Hi,

I have created a new plugin called textTable in .js and swf versions for displaying a data in formatted tables in a scene. This plugin will be useful for displaying information about an object in a scene in a formatted tables which pop-up on clicking on a hotspot. The table size, font, colour etc are customizable through properties of the plugin in the XML. Please see link for details with an example. The plugin is free for evaluation and personal use but you need to buy it for commercial use.

The .js version text width is not accurately calculated by HTML5 hence a scale-factor parameter is provided to increase/ decrease the column width for each column of the table independently. Default value of the scale-factor is 1.0, give a value of 1.1 to increase column width by 10% and 0.9 to decrease it by 10%. The swf version calculates the column width accurately so the scaling factor is ignored in flash vesrion of plugin.

Please feel free to evaluate it and give me your suggestions. *smile*

Best Regards

PRAMANJ

• Dear All visitors,

Did any one try to evaluate the texTable plugin in .js and .swf versions? I will be glad to hear your feedback. These are very light weight plugins 4kb and 6kb for .swf and .js respectively. They give you flexibility to edit the text entries easily and modify the text displays in a consistant way across your virtual tours.

Best Regards

PRAMANJ.

• Hi, I was missing something like that :)
    Question: Is it possible to implement the ability to execute some action by clicking on the text in tfin?
    E.g. it would be nice if U could change the panorama by clicking on its name in your example...

Thanx,

Dear All visitors,

Did any one try to evaluate the texTable plugin in .js and .swf versions? I will be glad to hear your feedback. These are very light weight plugins 4kb and 6kb for .swf and .js respectively. They give you flexibility to edit the text entries easily and modify the text displays in a consistant way across your virtual tours.

Best Regards

PRAMANJ.

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I felt the need for such a plug in in order to be able to show data about an item visible on a scene like room capacity, hotel tarrif, demographic data about a city or any tabular data for that matter.

I do have plans to make it more interactive. I will keep you posted with the developments.

Best Regards

PRAMANJ

• Yes, as for me, the idea is very good. Like in your example - I can imagine we could have the list of different accommodation possibilities in one hotel together with the prices - but what I would expect is the possibility to click & open particular panorama view of chosen room + perhaps would be nice to have some small res. preview in the table too (?).

Thanx!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I felt the need for such a plug in in order to be able to show data about an item visible on a scene like room capacity, hotel tarrif, demographic data about a city or any tabular data for that matter.

I do have plans to make it more interactive. I will keep you posted with the developments.

Best Regards

PRAMANJ

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• Hi,

great idea and effort! If you can manage it to implement some more things I´d love to buy your plugin. These things I´d like to use inside the plugin:

- calling an action
    - onhover-event
    - onover-event
    - onout-event
    - the possibility to change values interactive inside the table (like set(row1,line1 xyz))

Keep it up *smile*

LG
    Nupsi

• Hi,

great idea and effort! If you can manage it to implement some more things I´d love to buy your plugin. These things I´d like to use inside the plugin:

- calling an action
    - onhover-event
    - onover-event
    - onout-event
    - the possibility to change values interactive inside the table (like set(row1,line1 xyz))

Keep it up *smile*

LG
    Nupsi

Hi,

- calling an action
    - onhover-event
    - onover-event
    - onout-event

Keep it up

LG
    Nupsi

Hi,

- calling an action
    - onhover-event
    - onover-event
    - onout-event

Keep it up

LG
    Nupsi

• Hi all,

I am glad to announce the version 2 of my textTable plugin . It has follwing new features I am sure you will like (please see the example in the plugin page.

1. Allows multi-page table with navigation bottons for next/previous page at the bottom of the page with user specified number of rows per page.
    2. Images can be loaded in any of the cells in table to fit the cell with or without maintaining aspect ratio as specified by user.
    3. Delimited multiple krpano action script commands given in a single string can be executed on clicking any specified cell in the table.
    4. A minimize button on top right corner of the table is provided that allows you to show/hide the table with only the button remaining on screen. This allows you to keep the plugin active (keep=true) across multiple scenes to serve as navigation menu or just uncover more area by hiding the table whenever not required.

Please evaluate it freely and buy for commercial use. (Upgrade from version 1.0 to version 2.0 is free). Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards

PRAMANJ

• Hi Pramanj,

great enhancements since the last version *thumbsup* I will definitely buy the plugin for my next project!

Keep up the great work *smile*

LG
    Nupsi

EDIT: whoa...444st post. Beer is on me *g*

Hi Pramanj,

great enhancements since the last version *thumbsup* I will definitely buy the plugin for my next project!

LG
    Nupsi

Hi Pramanj,

LG
    Nupsi

Hi Pramanj,

LG
    Nupsi

Thanks Nupsi for the complements. Please do use it in your projects, people will find it very useful tool for navigation or to get an information about an object on the scene.

Best regards
    PRAMANJ

• Please don't quote all previous posts! it makes it a MESS!!

Are the cell data also clickable? because i don't see that working in your example.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi, Yes ofcourse any cell whether its an image or a text can have the 'command' property giving the krpano command(s) to be executed when the cell is clicked! In my example i have gievn 'link' text for two cells (room type & tarrif) in row 6 of page 2. Since 'link' is not a valid krpano action script command no thing happens. Press 'O' to see an error in the debug window. You can try to download the example and replace the 'link' with a valid krpano command in the xml file.

And thanks for the tip about not to reply a quote. I was wondering what's going worng!

Please let me know if you have any more questions / suggestions.

Best regards
    PRAMANJ

• Hi,
    This is just to clarify that krpano action scripts can be assigned to any cell in the table whether its text cell or image cell. The :command parameter after text or @image data for a cell can contain multiple krpano action scripts separated by a | character. Typically you would use commands like laodscene here to load a new scene on click of a cell. Table can serve as a navigation manu for a pano with keep=true configured for this plugin. Or this can simply serve as a information display for an item in the scene.
    Please let me know if you have any questions or clarifications.
    Best Regards
    PRAMANJ

• Hi,
    Did anyone try and find any problems with my TextTable plugin? I will appreciate your feedback and suggestions? I think this will be a useful plugin to give info about some hotspots on a pano.
    Regards
    PRAMANJ

• Hi,
    Did anyone try and find any problems with my TextTable plugin? I will appreciate your feedback and suggestions? I think this will be a useful plugin to give info about some hotspots on a pano.
    Regards
    PRAMANJ

Hi. I'm now trying your plugin. Have some questions:
    1. How can I disable minimize button? I don't want it in my case.

2. Can't do 'openurl' command in 'tfin' string.

i.e.
    tfin=";;@myphoto.jpg:;my link text:openurl('http://google.com', _blank);"

It doesn't work. I can see broken url in my browser - it has only 'http' word.

I'm also tried do so:

tfin=";;@myphoto.jpg:;my link text:set(link, http://google.com)| openlink();"

<action name="openlink">
    openurl(get(link), _blank);
    </action>

But it also not work. At all. So how to make a clickable link for cell text?

3. How could I disable row name (1st string) and ttitle if I don't need them? I can disable ttitle by ttitle="" but if I want add some space after table and before plugin border? Just for design.

4. How could I change alpha for pluginfillcolour if I need it?

I'm trying to make a table with just ONE image and description text as a link to some site. And some space around table.

• Hello Darklion,
    Sorry for the late response. I will look into the problems you raised and will revert to you soon as I am on holidays right now.
    Bye the way do you want version 1 of the plug in which is quite simple (it doesn't have the minimize button and the images ,it has just got text table display)?
    Please let me know,I can send you that version by 23rd to 24th Feb.

Regards
    PRAMANJ

• Hi
    I have put the version 1 of my textTable plugin on the web site. The plugin is called "TextTable1". It is simpler and light weight than version 2. It doesn't include the image inclusion in the table.
    Best Regards
    PRAMANJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!