Inaccurate alignments of the images (cubic, 6 images)

• Hi,

I have been testing which pano viewer fits our needs the most. So far I was really going for krpano (great API, customizable, good response from the dev) until I realized a 'small' problem with it. Please take a look at the attached images: The first one is created with pano2vr, the second one (with the watermarks, as we don't have a license (yet) ) is created using krpano.

The images are aligned wrongly, it can be clearly seen where the two sides of cubes were joined. Both examples use the very same image set so I don't see any reason why pano2vr can do it correctly while krpano can't. Is there any trick/setting to align them better or am I missing something? Should they be rendered in a differnet way? How?
    Thanks a lot!

• Thanks for your reply, Klaus. I cannot make the examples public at this moment, can I send it to your email or PM you?

EDIT: a quick follow-up; I made these tests:
    1. Krpano, unlicensed, Mac OSX - issue with the alignment
    2. Pano2vr, unlicensed, Mac OSX - issue with the alignment as well!
    3. Pano2vr, licensed, Windows - no issue
    4. Pano2vr, unlicensed, Windows - no issue

Same image set for all 4 tests. Same settings for pano2vr, except of the routes to the files, of course (mac vs windows). Can this be something with the overlaying watermark? Or is it something with Mac? I am REALLY confused here.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Fygo (10. Oktober 2013 um 01:04)

• Hi,

yes, you can send me an example of course (per mail),
    but you would also need to provide at least these informations:

• Which tool was used to build the cube faces? - krpano or any other one? (e.g. some tools might add some overlap pixels).
    • If specified in the xml - are the cube-size informations in the xml the same as in the real image?
    • What do you view - Flash or HTML5?
    • If HTML5 - CSS3D or WebGL?
    • What krpano version?
    • What browser and what version?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• ...I cannot believe this! After asking the design guys (literally) 10 times whether the images they passed me were correct I found out they were not, of course! They passed me the images that pano2vr creates (which basically look almost identical to the originals but seems like they have a very slight transformation applied or something like that). Well, several hours well wasted. Grrr....

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with the output of krpano, works flawlessly. So sorry to waste your time but your feedback was/is much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

If you think it is ok, this thread can be deleted.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!