You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 75.

Friday, March 22nd 2019, 12:38pm

Author: thatkeith

Show H/V coordinates of a pano in the 'parent' web page?

I'd really like to be able to obtain the current H and V view coordinates of a scene, so I can do something with them 'outside' of the actual KRPano panorama. For example, someone looks around a scene, and the H and V values of their current point of view are displayed in a field elsewhere in the web page, outside the panorama. Is this possible? It could be either on a user-invoked trigger (clicking a button to fetch the values) or as a constant feed of the values as someone looks around. I can ...

Friday, March 22nd 2019, 12:29pm

VirtualTour and ePub3 eBook

I've been doing this for some time. I gave a talk about this at the IVRPA conference in Prague in 2016. The EPUB FXL (fixed layout) format is entirely standards-based HTML/CSS/JS, so it's quite possible to crack open one of these files and add your own code. But it is FAR, FAR easier to use Adobe InDesign and the add-on CircularFLO, from circularflo.com. I've worked with this developer to enable arbitrary web code embedding in fixed-layout EPUBs generated with InDesign and CircularFLO, specifica...

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 4:27pm

Support for Samsung browser for Gear VR?

Thanks Klaus! The video and even the resolution issues aren't big problems for me right now; I'd like to begin by making some of my existing regular panos work smoothly in the Gear VR, then look at showing info panel hotspots. (I have an experimental research project I'm preparing that this will help with enormously.) I can handle 'very soon'. I'll cross my fingers that it really will be very soon! k

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 4:05pm

The wakelock feature doesn't work for me in my own tests or the demos; the phone still dims then goes to sleep. Any suggestions? Samsung Galaxy S6, Gear VR headset.

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 3:29pm

This is a fantastic start! Now, how do I view WebVR panos so they fill the display in the proper immersive pano manner rather than showing up within that floating rectangle in the Samsung Internet browser? I'm sure I'm missing something basic here...

Friday, December 18th 2015, 3:19pm

interactive spheres

Although it would be perfect if the distortion simulated a ball coming OUT rather than being like looking into a concave shape.

Friday, December 18th 2015, 3:17pm

interactive spheres

Bingo! Thanks Sacha – for me at least, that's it. :)

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 9:55pm

Video example doesn't run in Safari

KRPano 1.18.5, Mac OS X 10.11, Safari 9.0, Flashplayer 19.0.0.226 plugin Opening the video player example in Safari produces a black browser window and an error message: Source code 1 ERROR: unable to open video - file:///Users/thatkeith/Desktop/krpano-1.18.5/examples/videointerface/video-1920x960.mp4 If I open the example in Firefox or Chrome it works. I've been poking at it with a BBEdit stick for a while but I'm stumped. Any thoughts? k

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 12:31am

View control of two panos at once?

I've tried using different xml files for each and the same xml file for each, but I know that's not what I need to do here. I could be missing something obvious, but how do I get an action to control two different panos? Or to look at it slightly differently, how do I get a button to trigger an action in each pano? Hmm... this feels like it might be a more fruitful avenue. But I'm still stumped.

Monday, September 29th 2014, 11:04pm

View control of two panos at once?

I've managed to get two panoramas to turn in sync, using the JavaScript Sync example. I have a Little Planet button that I'd like to make work in the same way: tap in one pano and both change the view settings. (And then the same to return to normal view of course.) I've looked but I can't see how to nail it. Any suggestions?

Tuesday, August 19th 2014, 2:09pm

iOS8 / Webgl

Will stereographic transformations (specifically little planets) also be possible to use in iOS 8?

Monday, August 18th 2014, 3:28pm

Playsound3D for HTML5?

What's the word on the future of playsound3D and iOS support? Given that iOS 8 will include WebGL support, might it be time to push to support as much as possible across both Flash and HTML5 platforms?

Sunday, August 3rd 2014, 3:23pm

How to shoot photo without real Fish-eye lens?

Fisheye adaptors that screw onto regular lenses are never much good, sorry. :( You may well be better off shooting with a basic 'kit' zoom lens at its widest point, although that will mean you have more images to stitch together. By all means try a fisheye adaptor, but do be aware they're not the real thing. You'll get soft images, probably with strong chromatic aberration and difficult-to-manage distortions. k

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 3:32pm

Onstart action only for Flash/WebGL?

I have a delayedcall instruction in onstart, but I'd like to fire it off ONLY if the browser is capable of little planets. In other words, "Flash|WebGL". Can I use any kind of conditional test to modify the following? Is there another way to do this? Source code 1 delayedcall(5, if(doturnview == yes, action(littleplanet); k

Friday, July 25th 2014, 12:13pm

DJ booth in the Arcadia Spider at Glastonbury

One of a set of panoramas shot for Arcadia Spectacular, this is the inside of the DJ booth part-way through one evening during this year's Glastonbury Festival. The little planet view is pretty trippy! If you're on a slow connection try reloading after the full-res faces are all there. :) http://panoramaphotographer.com/arcadia/DJ-booth/

Friday, July 25th 2014, 12:00pm

Render video from KRPano transformations?

I know there's Pano2Movie (I have a copy somewhere from a few years back), but the moves and views are pretty basic compared to what we can do in KRPano. I'd really love to be able to render out a scripted view transformation from KRPano to high-quality video for someone to throw into video edit production. Has anyone done this? Any thoughts or tips? Keith

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 12:15am

Fatal Error: License Error with KRPano on new Mac

Perhaps it's just a hiccup with the new installed files? I copies the 1.17.4 folder from my old Mac and built a pano using that – no problems at all. Weird. Oh well...

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 10:52pm

More info: when I add ?showlicenseinfo to the URL for a problem pano the result is blank below the "SHOWLICENSEINFO" line, but with a pano made on my other Mac it shows the user name and email address. (And just as a reminder, the "krpano tools" application's Registration Information display shows the correct details.) Keith

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 10:39pm

Correction: I copied the .js file from a pano made with 1.17.4 on my other Mac. Swapping that out from what 1.17.4 made on this new Mac made the pano work. KRPano, strangeness and charm...

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 10:34pm

I don't know if it's useful info, but when I copy the .js file from a pano built with my previous version of KRPano into one built with the new version it opens and displays without fuss.