You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 233.

Friday, May 31st 2019, 4:20pm

Author: Scott Witte

Javascript API Examples question

As mentioned before, uncomment the body and html styles.

Friday, May 17th 2019, 9:03pm

VR Devices

Gear VR requires Samsung phones. I buy older phones that may not be useable as phones, anymore, because they are locked out by the carrier or have something broken that doesn't affect their use in the headset. Much less expensive. Sideload the tour onto the phone (Google it), install a web server and run the tour locally in the Oculus browser. There are threads in this forum giving detailed instructions. No dependence on having a connection, then. And there is no wired connection except for char...

Friday, May 17th 2019, 1:22am

VR Devices

I've worked with cardboard, Gear VR and Oculus Go. Right now I'm focusing on Gear VR because you can start the tour with a tap on the headset (unlike the Go) and the phone can stay in the headset and be charged there. The problem with Gear VR and Go is that you have to display on a browser in the Oculus environment. That can be confusing and allows people to easily break out of the tour, breaking the experience. It also requires more experienced staff to fix any issues. What I really want is som...

Thursday, May 16th 2019, 3:03am

Help and Share

This thread raises questions for me. I wasn't aware the virtual tour market was dying. The VR market is significantly expanding. So why wouldn't our slot of it increase as well? What medium or flavor of VR are our clients moving to? Personally, I haven't seen a downward shift. I have seen a significant increase in 360 video interest. Is that the "problem?" Offering both gives clients a range of options in cost, quality, functionality, etc to match their needs and budget. As for the "dry spell" o...

Wednesday, March 27th 2019, 8:07pm

krpano 1.19-pr15 / pr16

That's it. Seems my install was stuck on v64.0 for some reason. Thanks!

Monday, March 25th 2019, 7:08pm

Square images treated as spheres during tile making

FYI: If I drop a square image on a droplet other than MAKE PANO (FLAT), it doesn't ask for the type of image and just processes it as a sphere. That seems to be a bug. It is certainly an annoyance.

Sunday, March 24th 2019, 4:22am

WebGL Warning in Firefox

Howdy Klaus, The console log in Firefox (Windows 10) displays the following error on startup: "Error: WebGL warning: clear: This operation requires zeroing texture data. This is slow." It does not appear in the Chrome console, though that could be a settings issue. I'll bet dollars to donuts you are aware of this. Is it an issue? Just curious.

Tuesday, February 5th 2019, 11:39pm

Firefox Reality Quality Issues

Thanks, cvan. I have added my comments and an example site to the thread. You hadn't mentioned the resolution/sharpness issue in your post. Are you not seeing that?

Friday, January 18th 2019, 5:22pm

Thanks for checking. Perhaps I can make the FFR team aware of this. Good news on your performance tweaks. I suspect it will also help with GearVR and Cardboard using similar, older processors. BTW, The reason I was interested in FFR was that it can run local content without a web server and has much less extraneous elements so might be better for, say, a trade show booth. But not if the quality is lacking.

Thursday, January 17th 2019, 11:22pm

Klaus, Any chance you could take a look at this issue?

Saturday, January 5th 2019, 7:14am

Virtual tour image resolution seems significantly less in Firefox Reality than in the Oculus browser on the Oculus Go. View change while moving your head seems a little more "stuttering" as well -- lower frame rate. Anybody else experience this? Is there some setting either in the browser or in KRPano that could correct these issues? A Google search didn't seem to find any discussion suggesting these are known issues.

Friday, September 28th 2018, 6:54pm

Can you change image (pano) without changing scene?

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" I will think about an API for directly loading an pano image This is why we love you.

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 6:25am

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" But this is intended as the current panos is actually not longer the current scene. Ah. Might it make sense to think of the pano as the image part of the scene but not the scene itself? I want it to be the same, current "scene" but just change the image within it, keeping everything else as is. An extreme example might be a virtual object scene. It doesn't become a different scene with each change of image. In my example, the "scene" is the statue, essentially a virtu...

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 1:44am

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" If you want to keep everything and change only the pano image, try using loadxml with the KEEPALL|KEEPHOTSPOTS flags. No joy. I just tested that and used the distro version to be sure nothing in my mods could be the issue. loadxml with KEEPALL|KEEPHOTSPOTS flags changes the preview and image elements, keeps the view, hotspot, style, data and action elements but wipes out the scene and events elements. See the example here: Image Replacement Test. You can download the ...

Friday, September 21st 2018, 3:49am

Quoted from "pur" play with the *flags argument of the loadxml() action Thanks for the suggestion. I had high hopes, especially for the IMAGEONLY flag. Indeed, if I only use the image and preview element in the loaded XML and use IMAGEONLY, then hotspots are maintained. However, the scene tag is still destroyed. This is also true if I include MERGE. It still seems the only way to keep a scene element is to include it in the XML loaded and that results in no image until I issue a loadscene comma...

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 3:41am

Making Virtual tour user interface using CSS framework like Bootstrap or Semantic?

Quoted from "rockable84" The reason I wanted to do this because I feel that the menus, buttons which come together with krpano package is quite not-good-looking and not easy to customize. They are pretty easy to modify, IMO. Just create your own buttons, etc, which you would have to do anyway, and use those instead of stock versions. Everything else can be accomplished by modifying the template file(s). In the end, I think you would find that easier than what you are contemplating and you would...

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 10:47pm

What worked for me

You can see the result here: Hauser Statue. This site is still under development. All I wanted to do was replace the image element(s) of the scene. The loadxml action will do that, but.... it wipes out any hotspots defined in the scene and the scene tag itself (so you can't access the current scene name, for instance). Curiously, it didn't seem to affect the style, data or action elements. Adding the hotspot elements to the loaded XML returns them, but adding the scene element results in no imag...

Tuesday, September 18th 2018, 6:04am

Quoted from "pur" Do you have an example of your solution? In the next couple days. It hasn't proven as simple as I'd hoped.

Thursday, September 13th 2018, 6:08am

Ah ha! The solution is loadxml. It's, ah, right in the documentation.