You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 108.

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 5:10pm

Author: landrvr1

Keep Getting Booted Out of iOS WebVR

Piotr, I didn't have any crashes with your test scene, but many times when I would go to play a sound file in WebVR the first half second of the sound is cut-off. This was also a problem with my tour - the first time you play a 3D sound. I'll keep testing your tour to see if it crashes. Sometimes on my tour it would not occur until you are at the 6th or 7th scene - sometimes later. Tnx

Friday, March 2nd 2018, 7:51pm

Yeah, tnx. I did discover that no sound files = no crashes. No 3D sounds = no crashes. Even if I have just one scene with 3D sounds it will eventually crash. What audio solution are you using? Does it have both 2D and 3D sounds?

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 11:08pm

Well, I changed every sound file to 44.1Hz, VBR but it still crashes in Safari iOS.

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 8:12pm

Tnx index. Yeah, chrome works just great - no crashes - on both iOS and the latest android. I’m going to test the new sound file encoding and report back.

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 2:43pm

Quoted from "indexofrefraction" as said, try to re-encode all files with mp3, vbr, 41.1 khz clear your caches, restart, and then see if it still crashes. in my tests cbr and non-standard hz settings did lead to crashes, specially when playing multiple files at the same time. indexofrefraction, I'm re-encoding now. Did you mean 44.1hz? 41.1 seems like a non-standard frequency. ?? Tnx

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 12:22am

Klaus, thanks for the suggestion. Each of my cube images are 1536x1536 - which is a very standard size. Reducing the size would mean a pretty significant quality hit. I did, however, save the overall jpg quality down to get all the images nearly half the file size. The tour still crashed in Safari. However, I did a test in Chrome on the iPhone (even though you can't get rid of the menu bar) and it made it though the entire tour (including playing all the sound files) with no problem at all. My g...

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 7:34pm

spacerywirtualne, the creator of the sound plugin, is checking out the sound files/folder to see if he can spot any issues. Will post back here if anything is found.

Monday, February 26th 2018, 6:16pm

Tnx indexofrefraction, All of my sound files are: mp3 16000Hz 32bit 32kbps CBR OFL Are you using the HTML5-VR Audio Plugin?

Monday, February 26th 2018, 12:18am

I'm having a serious problem that, for the life of me, I cannot figure out. I've done a million tests to try and eliminate the variables, but no luck. Basically, whenever I'm viewing my virtual tour via WebVR stereoscopic on my iPhone 7 Plus, I eventually get booted back to the 2D start scene. This can happen in any of the 17 scenes. It can happen right after getting into a new scene....or up to a minute or more later. I suspect it might have to do with the HTML5-VR Audio Plugin by spacerywirtua...

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 11:30pm

HTML5-VR Audio Plugin - version 3.1.0 is ready!

Okay, so I've narrowed this down to a problem with the 3D sounds. When I remove all 3D sounds and just leave 2D, I can get through the tour multiple times with no crash out of WebVR. What I'm going to have to do next is bring back the 3D sound files one scene at a time. The problem is that thecrash while in WebVR can happen in any scene - so I'm not able to isolate a specific, recurring 3D sound that I might use multiple times. In other words, there's no common denominator sound file that I can ...

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 9:09pm

Yeah, the problem is still there and it's definitely the audio plugin. Will just have to start narrowing down the problem through testing. Ugg. I'll let you know what I find... EDIT: I just ran through the entire tour twice - after removing sound - and it never kicks me out. I'm wondering: 1. Is there a limit to the amount of sound files per scene? 2. Is there a limit to the length of sound files? 3. Any special considerations for the naming of the sound files? 4. Does the bitrate matter for the...

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 1:39am

Hey Piotr, both the sound and no sound versions are working now. I was updating / moving files at the same time you were trying to access. Tnx

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:02pm

Getting kicked out of iOS WebVR when using HTML5-VR Audio Plugin!

Greetings, I'm using the latest version of the plugin (3.1.0), and I'm getting kicked out of the WebVR experience fairly quickly. Safari doesn't crash, the experience simply goes back to the 2D version. When I remove all sounds from the virtual tour, there's never a crash. I've got both .mp3 and .ogg files (though for all my recent projects I don't even bother with the .ogg). I'm running an iPhone 7 plus, with Safari as the browser. iOS version 11.2.5 Would be happy to send you a link in a PM of...

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 4:35pm

Livepano with surround video - the first example

Tnx Piotr, that's an interesting point. Here's something to consider: I'm actually creating all of my virtual tours using 3D Studio Max / V-Ray: so I don't have the physical hardware limitations of a stereo video camera rig! This means that for fixed point renderings I'm able to fully create/control the left and right output. Knowing this, what are my options now in terms of adding and editing the video hotspots for the right eye scenes?

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 8:22pm

Tnx Piotr! What a shame! So many limitations yet with webVR,

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 2:57pm

While video hotspots are shown to work in VR mode, is there a way to apply them for true stereoscopic VR? I'm not seeing a way to do that...?

Wednesday, March 8th 2017, 2:39pm

VR Mode

The first thing you should do is read this thread: https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…ution#post70022 It's got good info on the Samsung related hardware. Having said that, which type of mobile device you use really isn't going to make much difference as long as it's a fairly new piece of hardware. The resolution differences are negligible, really. The viewers, on the other hand, vary substantially in experience and quality. For cardboard style viewers we use the PowisVR. It's the only card...

Wednesday, February 22nd 2017, 4:21pm

iOS 10.2 Safari - more than one tab in browser prevents full screen

Thanks Klaus. I'll just have to make sure I add a note in my instructions for teams to close those extra tabs.

Tuesday, February 21st 2017, 8:25pm

iOS 10.2 Safari - more than one tab in browser prevents full screen

This remains a significant issue. I'm not sure if it's just a problem for the iPhone 6/7 Plus models, or if it's an issue on reg size devices as well? Having more than one tab open in Safari PREVENTS full screen mode. Is there a potential fix for this that could come from KRPANO? Tnx http://www.802studio.com/3D/IMG_2662.PNG

Tuesday, February 21st 2017, 2:08am

Set hotspots in webVR to 2D?

Very true, Umalo. My needs were very specific in that I'm trying to eliminate hotspot 3D depth because they are being placed on what is being perceived as a 2D plane within a 3D stereo environment. For anyone wanting flat 2D hotspots over regular depth perceived images, my solution isn't great.