You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 53.

Tuesday, February 20th 2018, 12:54pm

Author: Dan Robinson

Unloading a krpano instance (the removepano function)

That's probably why! We don't use the default tools any more and we've built on top of the krpano embed process so much over the years that I'm guessing that part of the script got lost along the way somewhere. Thanks again for your help.

Tuesday, February 20th 2018, 12:40pm

Android 7.0 Webview and Gyroscope

I know this is a little bit of an old thread now, but we ran into this problem last year using Cordova and managed to fix it by using crosswalk: https://crosswalk-project.org/ Unfortunately, Crosswalk isn't being actively maintained anymore and it adds a pretty significant chunk to the filesize of the APK, so it's not an ideal solution. It works though, at least!

Tuesday, February 20th 2018, 12:32pm

Thanks Alexey, your code pointed me in the right direction! Weirdly, my krpano.js file had the krpano HTML5 Viewer without the krpano Embedding Script - which is why both embedpano (I was using embedpanoJS) and removepano weren't defined. I added the script back in and it's now working perfectly.

Tuesday, February 20th 2018, 11:34am

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm trying to unload/destroy a krpano instance using the removepano function, but "removepano" appears to be undefined, even after krpano has set itself up. I wondered if it was supposed to accessed on the element itself (eg, document.getElementById("krpanorv").removepano()) but that doesn't seem to work either. Is the documentation on this outdated, or am I doing something stupid?

Friday, January 12th 2018, 4:11pm

Video panoramas not playing on MacOS Safari version 11.0.2 (13604.4.7.1.6)

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" See here: Mac Safari 10.13.2 360 video playback ISSUE Here the Apple bug-tracker: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181445 In Safari 11.1 (available as Safari Preview) this is already fixed. The fix in that thread worked perfectly, thanks! This whole thing just feels like Apple were in such a rush to get their Spectre fix out that they didn't test it properly.

Friday, January 12th 2018, 3:25pm

Video panoramas not playing on MacOS Safari version 11.0.2 (13604.4.7.1.6)

On January 8th Apple released an update for Safari as part of its Spectre mitigation. Unfortunately, this new version seems to prevent 360 videos from playing. This example just displays a black screen: https://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krp….html?v=119pr14 While others show that they're playing (and the timeline scrubber progresses as expected), but the pano is stuck on the first frame of the video: https://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krp….html?v=119pr14 https://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/...

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 10:00am

Using krpano in a Cordova App

Hi Klaus, Thanks for replying. Good to know that it'll be addressed in the next version, really appreciate you taking the time to adjust things for something that's so far outside krpano's normal usage! Edit - Cordova lets you forcibly set the user agent, so thanks to your help I've been able to get it to work by simply stripping out the '; wv' bit and manually pushing the user agent back to the browser. It's a bit messy but it works, so thanks again!

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 5:29pm

webVR hangs inside cordova iOS app

I'm having a similar issue here with Android now - this is with a basic fresh-from-the-dropper krpano VR tour, version 1.19 r13. Going into VR just hangs the tour - you can't even pan it with your finger. Any ideas?

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 11:41am

Using krpano in a Cordova App

We've been embedding krpano in our apps using Cordova for a while now, and never had any issues with it. However, we're now struggling to get VR working on Android. If we upload the content to web, it's correctly detecting the device. However, as soon as it's in the app it's failing and reporting an unknown device. I can't find much documentation about how the device detection feature works, other than a mention that it works off user agent on Android. I've done some testing and the user agent i...

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 10:08am

Changing the videopano's source on Android Chrome is not working

Hi, We're building a Virtual Tour using 360 video. I have an audio track and the current progress of this track defines which video source to show. These two need to be separate, as when the audio is paused, we need the video to continue looping. There are multiple ways to change the progress of the video, through audio progressing normally and hitting milestones, through the scrubber on the bottom, or via the backwards and forwards arrows. I have populated the current version with some videos w...

Wednesday, August 23rd 2017, 5:52pm

Web VR Plugin - Change Direction of Screen Split

Hi, We're developing an app that will be locked into portrait view, and we want to have VR-enabled 360s. Obviously currently this just results in extreme letterboxing (below) as the device never rotates and orientation lock isn't supported on iOS. I appreciate that this is a very niche use case, but is there any way to force krpano to change the direction of the screen split, so that it would display correctly in our app when held in portrait? Thanks, Dan

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 3:58pm

Scrambled Cube faces on Chrome 58

We've received emails from three separate clients in the past 6 months where their cube faces have been scrambled. This has completely baffled us, we cannot replicate it on our machines (or browserstack.com), and their browsers specs are well within reasonable parameters. There are no errors in Krpano's console, or Chrome's developer console. I've seen previous threads where this was an issue on Android and iPad devices, but I have yet to see this as an issue on desktop. Potential explainations ...

Friday, January 13th 2017, 4:08pm

Separate Gyro and WebVR controls?

Hi everyone, So the project I'm working on has the WebVR button, and for a few reasons, we need a separate button to toggle only the gyro. The problem I'm having, is that when WebVR is inluded, my usual method of toggling the gyro doesn't work. (Just for some background, we use a JS/KrPano call to enable and disable the gyro plugin.) I've dug around the vtourskin.xml and the webvr.xml, but I can't see anything that would interfere, since my gyro toggle doesn't call WebVR. If someone has a clue h...

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 10:04am

Issues with Chrome on Windows 7

Hi Klaus, That's great to know - thanks for such an incredibly comprehensive reply! It's a shame that this is happening, but at least with the information you've provided we can make sure we're aware of the issue. Thanks again!

Wednesday, January 4th 2017, 6:15pm

Issues with Chrome on Windows 7

We noticed today that the HTML5 tours don't seem to work that well in the latest version of Chrome (55), but only on Windows 7: I appreciate that Windows 7 is fairly old and no longer fully supported, but since a sizable number of people still use it would be good to know if there's a fix for this issue without having to resort to using Flash. Thanks, Dan

Friday, January 30th 2015, 6:00pm

Has the ability to export tours as a single .exe or .app file been removed?

We occasionally get requests from clients for us to supply them with single-file offline versions of their tours. While dealing with the latest request I noticed that there doesn't seem to be an option in the 1.18 KRPanoTools to export as a "standalone Flash Projector" as there was in previous versions. Has this featured been removed?

Friday, January 31st 2014, 4:28pm

What Kind of Virtual Tour Is This?

I'll try to explain this as best I can. We have a client who wants us to include some of their old virtual tours in a new presentation we're making for them. We requested the original files, and they've gone to their original suppliers and come back to us with the "original images" used to create their presentation. The images in question seem to belong to a type of panorama I've never seen before consisting of eight portrait, rectangular images. Six around, one up, one down. The files seem to p...

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 10:35am

krpano 1.16

"Fix: iOS 7 Safari landscape mode with controls on the iPhone." Klaus, you are an absolute legend!

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 10:33am

Virtual Open Day for Middlesex University

Quoted from "adriansinc" it looks fantastic, and just down the road from me!! just full screen option as mentioned above would be nice. was this done with just krpano? no panotour or other? Glad you enjoyed it! The lack of full screen was a tough choice, but there were a few elements of the project that lead to it being removed. Interestingly though, our analytics seem to show that the number of people who actually click the "full screen" buttons in our tours is relatively low - this could just...

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 5:57pm

Virtual Open Day for Middlesex University

Quoted from "jordi" Nice html javascript functions, but quite difficult to navigate from pano to pano Thanks! Could you let me know what you mean by difficult to navigate? Too much clicking between panos, too slow, too confusing? Any feedback would be really helpful in developing future projects. -Dan