You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 160.

Monday, July 15th 2019, 4:10pm

Author: trek

pinch zoom not working on Microsoft Surface

A new Microsoft store has opened in London's Oxford Street, I visited it today and tried out some of my virtual tours on a big Microsoft Surface PC. They look fantastic and worked well, so as always well done Klaus for giving us such an excellent toolset to showcase our images. Only feature that did not work was the pinch/zoom gesture, the standard +/- function (i.e. set(fov_moveforce,-1 or +1)) at bottom of screen worked fine. krpano version is... krpano 1.19 pr-16 (also tried pr-8 with same re...

Monday, July 30th 2018, 2:37pm

partial pano - can't see it, I must be doing something stupid?

Hi Alexey Thanks for that It was driving me mad, I will pad out the rest of the pano with white (to keep the file size small) and try again Just reprocessed as a full 360x180 and worked fine. FYI ptgui has a limit of 30,000 pix max width or height. cheers Tim

Monday, July 30th 2018, 12:19pm

partial pano - can't see it, I must be doing something stupid?

I normally create full 360x180 panos, did a shoot last week where I've shot a panoramic view across London from the roof of a hotel. The output partial pano (processed using ptgui) is 172x32 degrees) file size is 14mb. I used MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet (krpano 1.19-pr8) to create the pano, but I cannot view it, I get a message saying FLASH required. Edited the html file to say html5:"prefer" and just get a black screen. Only tried locally using krpano testing server. Any idea what I'm doing wr...

Thursday, July 26th 2018, 8:36pm

What equipment to better panorama?

I’ve just changed from canon 5d mk2 to canon 6d as canon no longer carries parts for 5d. Image quality is comparable between the two cameras, I’ve tested side by side. 6d lets you bracket 7 shots at a time, compared to 5d’s 3 shot limit. Nice having Wi-Fi connection to show clients images too.

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 12:13pm

360 Camera Suggestions

Re Canon 5d Mk2 - I was told by canon that they are no longer supplying spare parts for this model. I have two 5d mk2 bodies, once one breaks then I will upgrade, will probably go to the 6D. For 360 stills main advantage would be having a greater bracketing range, as 5D mk 2 only does 3 at a time and I think 6D can be configured up to 7.

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 12:08pm

Any tools to change orientation of a 360x180 image?

thanks for the suggestion, i will try this for stills. My problem is that I'm converting a number of 360 images into a video, so want to change the orientation of each one. cheers Tim

Thursday, January 25th 2018, 7:11pm

Any tools to change orientation of a 360x180 image?

I have some 360x180 images (but I don't have the original images from which the 360's were generated from). Problem I have is that I want to change the orientation of the images, I know its not a problem in krpano, I just change hlookat, but I need to do this for uploading to facebook. Does anyone know of any tools which would let me do this? Thanks Tim

Thursday, January 25th 2018, 7:06pm

360 Camera Suggestions

I've been using a Canon 5D mk2 with sigma 15mm fisheye for years, still really good quality, outputting as 7500x15000 pano's. I'd be interested in hearing others views on latest options too Tim

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 6:26pm

Replacing textfield.swf with showtext and textstyle

Hi All For several years I have been using the textfield plugin to display some text in the bottom left corner of my virtual tours - http://www.trekwireless.co.uk/lalitlondon I would like to move away from textfield.swf and use a 'pure' html5 based plugin. Here is the code I'm currently using: !-- script for displaying scene name in corner --> <plugin name="titletext" url="../plugins/textfield.swf" keep="true" align="bottomleft" x="10" y="30" autosize="right" wordwrap="true" background="false" z...

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 2:53pm

Krpano Snapshot Plugin

Re <action name="startup" autorun="onstart"> if(startscene === null OR !scene[get(startscene)], copy(startscene,scene[0].name); ); loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE); if(startactions !== null, startactions() ); </action> This works fine, but I have another problem In the startup section I normally use: <action name="startup"> if(scenetoload === null, set(scenetoload,pano3)); loadscene(get(scenetoload),blend(4)); This lets the 'calling' html specify which scene to load, for example: http://t...

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 10:23am

Krpano Snapshot Plugin

Thanks for the quick response, I will test this out today. quick question... would it be possible to have the email text fields as variables so that they could be pano specific? I am using the plugin for hotel virtual tours so would be great to be able to make the text relate to each pano, for example, 'here is a picture of the President Suite' cheers Tim

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 7:53pm

Krpano Snapshot Plugin

Here is an example of the url generated when sharing: http://www.trekwireless.co.uk/lalitlondo…54,1.678,25.016 This works fine where the virtual tour has a single pano. My problem is that the virtual tour has several pano's but the above syntax is not loading pano5, but the default pano, I normally load different pano's by using ?scenetoload=panoXX and have the following xml: <action name="startup"> if(scenetoload === null, set(scenetoload,pano3)); loadscene(get(scenetoload),blend(4)); So... how...

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 5:47pm

feedback o snapshot plugin - following purchase

I've spent the last day working with the plugin. Its very neat and I'll definitely be looking at using it in my virtual tours, some points: facebook - when posting to facebook only the link to the virtual tour view is posted but no image, is there anyway to post an image?linkedin - I could not get this to work, linkedin keeps saying - Unable to share this update at the momentInstagram - could an API to Instagram be added? look forward to your comments Tim

Friday, August 11th 2017, 11:21am

Alternative to automap plugin for map in corner of screen

I have been using the automap plugin for several years, works well, but the radar functionality and scene labels only appear in flash, now that flash is pretty much retired I want to use only html5. Have emailed the author of automap to see if there is an html5 version as I'd rather upgrade and reuse my existing xml code Can anyone recommend an alternative to automap? Here is an example of how I'm using automap: thanks in advance for suggestions. Tim

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 12:25pm

Video failing to play on some devices

For 360 and 'normal' videos I'd recommend processing using handbrake to reduce size and speed up playback

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 12:22pm

posterurl image does not 'map' correctly on 360 video

I've tried using the posterurl feature to display an image on the screen while the video loads. The image is the same pixel size as the 360 video, i.e. 3840x1920 however it does not display correctly with the horizon being 'curved'. Here is my xml: <plugin name="video1" keep="false" url.flash="../plugins/videoplayer.swf" url.html5="../plugins/videoplayer.js" videourl.desktop="../video/1920x960/allotment-ground-only.mp4" videourl.android="../video/1280x636/allotment-ground-only.mp4" videourl.ios=...

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 12:16pm

playback quality of 360 video?

I just did a 'side by side' test using krpano running locally and the free GoPro VR Player. The playback quality is much better with the GoPro VR Player (i.e. it appears to play back at much higher quality with the same 3850x1920 video) So my question is there any way to improve the playback quality of 360 video with the videoplayer? FYI here are my settings: <plugin name="video1" keep="false" url.flash="../plugins/videoplayer.swf" url.html5="../plugins/videoplayer.js" videourl.desktop="../video...

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 6:09pm

'embedding' krpano in a linkedin post

Yep, thats going to be the easiest option

Monday, January 16th 2017, 5:25pm

6k,8k 360 video support

I'm beginning to shoot some 6k and 8k 360 video and just wondering are there any limitations (other than bandwidth, client side processing) to viewing this via the videoplayer plugin? thanks Tim