You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 253.

Tuesday, September 3rd 2019, 4:42pm

Author: Scott Witte

krpano 1.20

Darn it! Now I have to redo all my templates...again. Oh well. Seriously, Klaus, you have really outdone yourself...again. Simply magnificent.

Sunday, August 18th 2019, 12:14am

Any way to use alpha masks with panos?

I was wondering about some XML I saw in the network traffic, for instance, the file 6878.xml: Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 { const open = XMLHttpRequest.prototype.open; XMLHttpRequest.prototype.open = function (method, url) { open.apply(this, arguments); this.addEventListener('readystatechange', function _() { if(this.readyState == this.HEADERS_RECEIVED) { const contentType = this.getResponseHeader('Content-Type') || ''; if (contentType.startsWith('video/') |...

Tuesday, August 6th 2019, 10:14pm

VRGame demonstration

Not sure what feedback you want but to have the tour work in the Oculus Browser, at least on the GO, check out Oculus GO & KRpano

Monday, August 5th 2019, 6:13am

Auto transition between panoramas with dissolve

If all your scenes are part of the sequence and you just want to run them continuously, one solution could be something like this (using the standard KRPano template): Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 <action name="startup" autorun="onstart"> loadscene(get(startscene,scene[0].name)), null, MERGE); delayedcall(change, 5, change_scene(1)); </action> <action name="change_scene"> loadscene(get(scene[%1].name), null, MERGE|KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING|NOPREVIEW, BLEND(1)); add(new_scene, %1, 1); if(new_sce...

Wednesday, July 24th 2019, 5:52pm

Firefox Reality Quality Issues

Quick update: The FFR Team has recently updated the browser so VR tour resolution and performance seems on par with the Oculus browser in Oculus Go, at least. I recommend people take a look at this browser for displaying virtual tours. It has a really minimal interface and it is somewhat customizable. You can specify that your tour (or any site) be the homepage -- what people see immediately.

Thursday, July 18th 2019, 6:53pm

A Test Page

I put together a page testing the various WebVR states. You can try it here: tdf360.com/test/webvr. Here is what I found (when WebVR is available, before you enter VR): webvr.iswebvr == true only and always in a headset, at least on Gear VR, Go and probably other Oculus headsets. This is true even if you aren't in VR mode or if the VR browser is in desktop mode. webvr.isgearvr == true only in a headset, at least on Gear VR, Go and probably other Oculus headsets. This is true even if you aren't i...

Thursday, July 18th 2019, 5:25pm

Toking in the US of A

I don't smoke or toke, but since we are off-topic... In the US, federal law still lists Marihuana as a schedule one narcotic (the worst kind). Even growing hemp was illegal until recently because some strains are the source of Marihuana, so they must all be bad. Right??? All that was a political and cultural choice from the beginning. Nothing based on facts. By contrast, some states have loosened laws by different degrees to where, in several, you can grow, sell and use Marihuana with little res...

Wednesday, July 17th 2019, 11:07pm

OT: The KRPano Bar and Cafe

Hmmmm. Just stumbled into this place. What should I be seeing here???

Wednesday, July 17th 2019, 10:06pm

Any way to use alpha masks with panos?

Quoted from "panomaster" https://www.ai360.pl/projekty/car1/ Excellent demo! The car is the hotspot(s) (png with transparancy) floating over the pano with distance something other than infinity. Clever. May I assume this is your project? What really interests me is how just the pano images (including preview) are replaced without a full loadscene(). This is something I've wanted to do. Could you share your wisdom, oh (pano)master?

Wednesday, July 17th 2019, 5:28pm

Oculus GO & KRpano

Yup! You clearly have a solid handle on the underlying software/hardware issues needed to make the magic happen. I dare say we all admire and appreciate that. Hope the update of checking the drawingBufferWidth/drawingBufferHeight on every frame doesn't introduce too much processing overhead, but I suspect you have considered that already. As for the Samsung browser, right again. I only activated WebVR on one handset long ago and that wasn't the one I picked up this last time.

Wednesday, July 17th 2019, 1:42am

Oculus GO & KRpano

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" just as note - the latest Oculus Browser update from yesterday has broken the VR rendering that browser. Boy, did it EVER break! This caused me to lose all my hair today. Thanks for supplying a quick workaround. Sadly it won't easily help tours deployed on client servers. I hope Oculus gets on top of this pronto. Curiously, Pano2VR tours don't seem to be affected by the bug. Also noticed that tours displayed on the Gear VR Oculus browser work fine. Seems to me that th...

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 7:00am

bombtimer scene to scene stopped working

Without giving too much thought I would suggest putting a trace in the bombtimer action that reports the bt variable to help see what is happening and when. Traces are good for that sort of thing.

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 6:55am

Possible to reload tour without page reload?

It has been proving problematic. In Gear VR and GO the tour drops out of VR shortly after taking off the headset. I use a custom splash screen to start VR and being a layer it disappears in VR but shows when you drop out of VR. On the Go I just click it and reenter VR. On Gear VR I have to hit it at least twice and sometimes only a page reload works. I've used both the webvr_onexitvr event and the button click to do the start scene reload and reinitialize certain variables. Still nothing perfect...

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 6:31am

GearVR + S8 for a museum, Kiosk mode ?

I've been struggling with this as well. Shortly after you remove the headset the tour drops out of VR mode. Usually, I have to click enterVR a couple of times before it returns to VR mode. Sometimes I have to reload the page. The Go seems to consistently go back to VR with one click. Not sure why the difference and can't be certain there isn't some bug on my end just yet. I haven't seen it lose the link entirely, but maybe that is because I'm not testing with local content at the moment. Have yo...

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 5:46am

Testing if viewing in headset

Quoted from "indexofrefraction" not sure about gearvr.. 2? 3? I expect it would be 3 (true webvr) since isgearvr is true for gearvr and any Oculus hardware. I will have to play with this when I get back in town. Thanks!

Friday, July 12th 2019, 12:45am

Testing if viewing in headset

How do I test if a tour is being viewed in any headset? Subquestion: how do you test if that headset is using Google Cardboard?

Friday, July 12th 2019, 12:30am

Quoted from "indexofrefraction" what is the problem with a reload? Nothing crucial. The extra time of loading the HTML page. The visually jarring loss of all the HTML elements before redrawing the page. At the moment I'm developing a headset interface for a tourist center. When one person is done I want the tour to automatically reset to its initial state for the next user. For instance, taking off a GearVR headset causes it to jump out of VR (using a web browser). I can use the onexitvr event ...

Thursday, July 11th 2019, 9:14pm

How do you reload a tour to its initial state without reloading the HTML page?

Thursday, July 11th 2019, 12:03am

Creating Floor Plans.

Howdy San7, Just ran across this plugin and I want to say, Really Nice! Well thought out and complete. If it had been around when I was building my own floor plan plugin I could have saved countless hours and ended up with something better. One observation: It doesn't seem to be offered on the third party plugins section of the KRPano plugins page. I bet you could get a lot more interest if it were. Scott

Wednesday, July 10th 2019, 8:45pm

Auto transition between panoramas with dissolve

I do this with idletime and/or an explicit timer. If done with idletime then any interaction with the pano, such as moving with the mouse, will start the timer over as soon as you let go of the mouse. You can get fancy, for instance on mousedown the timer gets paused and on mouse up just restart it, but if less than 5 seconds remain set the remaining time to 5 seconds.