You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 272.

Saturday, November 23rd 2019, 4:03pm

Author: Scott Witte

Testing if viewing in headset

Remember that this test was built with v1.19.16. The current version may work a little differently. Are you using the Pico G2 4K headset? What is your impression of image quality and performance?

Monday, November 18th 2019, 5:50pm

Getting sound position can end a sound

If you play a sound and immediately start a loop checking the play position, say for a progress indicator, you can "crash" or end the sound, actually firing the oncomplete event. to wit: Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 playsound(test); getposition(); <action name="getposition"> copy(sposition, sound[test].position); delayedcall(0.3,getposition()); </action> If the sound isn't fully loaded you get "[object][object]" as the "position" and the loop continues. No foul. But try the above after the sound ha...

Friday, November 15th 2019, 12:37am

New Soundinterface Tweening Issue

Klaus, I'm loving the WebAudio soundinterface but have found a curious tweening issue. Say I want to play a sound/song but want to ease into it. I should be able to start playing it with a volume of 0 and then tween the volume to, say, 0.5. But I find that if the sound isn't preloaded the tween starts at 1 and tweens down to 0.5. However, if I delay tweening by at least 0.5 seconds after starting to play at vol 0, the tweening starts at 0 and fades up to 0.5 as expected. For testing these are lo...

Wednesday, November 13th 2019, 11:04pm

Success!

WOWZA, those changes make a world of difference. Sadly my hair may never come back but I should be able to keep some clients. Not sure anyone has mentioned this before but Klaus.... Darn, you are good! And big thanks for localhostroot. Without your original post I don't know how long it would have taken to figure this out. As to oversampling=2 not being necessary, I'm not so sure. I did the comparison and on my Go aliasing is essentially eliminated and detail is noticeable improved. And I don't ...

Wednesday, November 13th 2019, 2:44am

Big Problem, But Easily Solved?

Did some testing on my Go and I think I know what you are seeing -- and I finally know why I'm seeing a significant performance problem as you start a tour. The problem happens when you first enter VR mode. When you are in non-VR mode the multi-rez tiles are displayed. When you enter VR mode the entire multi-rez scene needs to fully render and only then do you switch to the VR tiles. This takes a long time, especially if using oversampling=2 and looking around during the rendering. In the Oculus...

Tuesday, November 12th 2019, 3:01am

vr="true" ???

So, dug into the code and I think you are right. vr="true" is used to keep layers from being hidden when going into Fake VR mode. Also on a phone, if you are in VR mode and tap the screen these "vr" layers show up. And yes, on my Go they don't show up when in VR mode.

Friday, November 8th 2019, 4:33pm

vr="true" ???

Thanks Alexey, I had wondered if it could be something like that. Could find nothing in the WebVR docs so did a test using a layer with vr="true" and it still disappeared in VR mode. So still don't understand what exactly it does and how to use it.

Thursday, November 7th 2019, 10:18pm

vr="true" ???

Howdy Klaus, In v1.20.x XML I often see a layer attribute of "vr" which seems always to be set "true." (So, default = false?) I haven't found documentation on this. What is this for?

Monday, November 4th 2019, 5:29am

v1.19pr16 crashing Oculus browsers???

Reporting back: I believe I replaced the core files and that seems to have made the difference -- mostly. There are still some issues but I have now updated my tour template so I'll just make the changes that way, which was the eventual goal all along. Can't believe how much I like working with the controller instead of the VR cursor.

Saturday, November 2nd 2019, 10:43pm

Is Spherical Multi-res now the best option?

Sounds like spherical multi-res may be more efficient. Is it best?

Thursday, October 31st 2019, 3:56pm

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" just updating the core krpano files is not possible? That means only the viewer and plugins files? Didn't think that was possible but I will test. Thanks!

Thursday, October 31st 2019, 3:52pm

Firefox70.0 Breaks Oculus Rift S in VR Mode?

Just curious if you are using v1.20 to test. If not, see if that makes a difference. It does on the Go.

Friday, October 25th 2019, 4:02pm

Thanks for that input. It was addressed in my original post.

Friday, October 25th 2019, 7:19am

Quoted from "indexofrefraction" your 4k resolution is probably too high for the oculus Except... everything was working perfectly for the tours on the Go until recently. The VR tiles are 1920 or 1560, depending on when I made them. After the introduction of the Go, the consensus here was that 1920px cube faces were the new sweet spot. Again, they have worked beautifully until recently. I don't use VR-OPT because I want one tour that works on all devices, so I have integrated the VR tiles back i...

Monday, October 21st 2019, 5:32am

Howdy Klaus, Using KRPano v1.19pr16 with WebVR oversampling.mobile="2.0" causes dramatic lag and rendering problems on the Oculus, Firefox Reality, and even the Samsung browsers and crashes at least the Oculus browser on my Oculus Go headset. In my test, I also modified the webvr plugin, adding the fix: <events webvr_onentervr="set(display.framebufferscale,0.9); delayedcall(0.1, tween(display.framebufferscale,1.0); );" />. Otherwise I used the original distribution files for my tests. Example: h...

Saturday, October 5th 2019, 4:07am

is it possible to make Virtual Tour work in Offline in App ?

Quoted from "casking" i have plan to convert our site to android app with webview.is it possible to make Virtual Tour work in Offline in App ? so users can download virtual tour for view offline ? Webview doesn't support WebVR so that won't work. I assume you want to do this in a headset? "Easy" solution is to load the content locally. Run a local server and view it in a browser pointed to the local content. Check this thread: Oculus GO: Working Apache PHP Mysql server

Saturday, October 5th 2019, 3:49am

Oculus GO & KRpano

Quoted from "ChukA" i would like to know if it's possible to see layer on the oculus Go Nope. Just Hotspots.

Thursday, October 3rd 2019, 7:00am

WebVR is deprecated

So.... WebVR is deprecated in favor of WebXR which isn't yet ready to replace WebVR. I'll bet there was a lot of consternation at Connect 6!

Friday, September 27th 2019, 11:06pm

Making text layer clickable?

I'm probably missing something obvious but this is causing me conniptions. Can a text layer be clickable? How? Here is a text example: Source code 1 2 <layer name="test2" type="text" html="CLICK!" keep="true" align="center" interactivecontent="true" onclick="trace('CLICK');"/> Clicking does not fire the trace event. Errr. Nevermind. Turns out it was sitting below another, transparent layer that was blocking the click. Like I said, "obvious."

Tuesday, September 3rd 2019, 4:42pm

krpano 1.20

Darn it! Now I have to redo all my templates...again. Oh well. Seriously, Klaus, you have really outdone yourself...again. Simply magnificent.