You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:05am

Author: nils

"get(havenetworkaccess)" returns null ?

Klaus, thanks for your reply. I should have posted a link first ... I finally found out that I had been testing using an older krpano 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-11-22) while havenetworkaccess was implemented in krpano 1.0.8.14 (build 2012-03-16) ... my bad the null return type should have alerted me ...

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 10:52am

annoying random behavior ... a mouse click makes the viewer zoom-out ... anyone else ?

It happens even with an out of the box fresh krpano package, running outside the browser. Sometimes everything is OK, sometimes it just helplessly keeps zooming out ... I drag to look around a pano, release the mouse and then the view zooms out ... I just click on the pano, and it will zoom out the same way ... This problem has been driving me crazy for over a couple years already ... It is very random, I believe it is NOT krpano bug. In fact I am pretty sure it is a problem with the computer us...

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 5:58pm

full panovideo in HTML5 - iOS

Hey Luca, I've attached screenshots of your project running on Galaxy tab 10.1's default browser. Streaming the videos was surprisingly fast enough given the fact that I'm in China (internet can be painfully slow here ... especialy when connecting to websites outside the country). index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=801index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=802index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=803index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=804

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 6:18pm

Actually, the app was running smoothly on my desktop workstation, and using krpano in an AIR app for Android seems to work pretty smoothly for regular virtual tours too ... But 360 video is a bit more ressource intensive.

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 12:15pm

Just to give an idea ... I just tested krpano packaged in an AIR app as a 360 video player on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 I get about 4 FPS with a screen size @ 800x1232 pixels. My "pano.flv" is 1440x720 pixels, 25 fps, 1600kpbs (variable bitrate). edit : Actually, I got 10fps when switching the to "gpu" in the AIR application description file . That might be worth considering for whoever uses krpano in "embeddedStartup" mode ... I guess playing with different video encoding formats would make a differenc...

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 7:25am

temporary file

There are quite a few options for in-browser projects, you could simply use good old cookies, but now there is also the html5's localstorage/webstorage . For AS3 only solution, you could use the "SharedObjects " class. Check out this link if you're looking into it ... http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/act…avascript-apps/ How you would use this really depends on your specific project ...

Thursday, June 28th 2012, 4:04am

Sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know what AIR was. Quoted The Adobe® AIR® runtime enables developers to deploy standalone applications built with HTML, JavaScript, ActionScript®, Flex, Adobe Flash® Professional, and Adobe Flash Builder® across platforms and devices — including Android™, BlackBerry®, iOS devices, personal computers, and televisions. I guess you have installed the runtime that allows you to run AIR applications. An AIR application would be developed in AS3 and packaged for the ...

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 4:48am

Krpano || please suggest

I'm not sure what you mean by ... Quoted But problem is that when i execute this batch file it takes only one argument , so how i can execute kmakemultires.exe with all fixed parameter . ... do you mean fixed parameters for kmakemultires.exe ? Are you trying to have a fixed configuration file ? http://krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/win/ Or are you trying to use kmakemultires in command line to override the configuration file ? http://krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 4:21am

I can only tell you that it worked on Android, as I don't have experience trying this on iOS yet. How ? Embed krpano in the AIR App just like you would do in a Flash application.

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 4:24am

Hi, do you mean being able to watch the 360 video on a web page, or with an iOS app ? I'm afraid mobile Safari doesn't support this at this time, so that would be a request to Apple Inc. . Since it doesn't support Flash, the only other option would be webGL which is not supported either in iOS (except for iAdds ) ... I doubt the css 3D transform technic would work efficiently for a 360 video, especially if it is in equirectangular projection ... Did you try packaging Krpano with Air as an iOS ap...

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 3:34am

taking control on a .swf file

I would expect that as long as you use the embeddedstartup method to load krpano in an AS3 project, then it is possible to access the krpano interface and use get/set/call(). Keep in mind, krpano may not be conveviently removed once added to the display list.

Friday, June 15th 2012, 11:33am

KPGui - krpano GUI

It looks & seems to work great ... The tag template feature should be very usefull, nice work ! Be ready for tons of questions and feature requests ...

Friday, June 15th 2012, 5:44am

Protect encrypt swf-format-panorama!!

So ... has anybody tried this krpanoGUI ??? It's actually very, very popular in China. Most of our competitor here use it. Their website and software are only in chinese though ... http://www.360pano.cn/category/KRPanoGUI.aspx

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 10:02am

an option to keep color profile informations in krpanotools' output images ?

[ Sorry ... I've posted in the wrong forum thread ] Hi, In this post someone got confused by the fact that the convert to cube/sphere tools don't keep color profile information : HELP!, I'm experiencing color shifts!!! I guess most photographers have their color management correctly set-up in photoshop so they would not complain about that ? This is more a suggestion than a request, though I would find it useful myself.

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 9:34am

HELP!, I'm experiencing color shifts!!!

Hi nohcc4, I think you missed Hans' point ..." PTGui, Pano2VR and KRpano do not make any changes in color but they do not preserve your profile" ... Your images color will depend on which profile they use (which profile they refer to). When you process the images with krpanotools, the RGB data will not be affected, but there will be no more reference to the color profile in the output images. That means you should re-apply (in PS, use "apply profile" in this case). Also, note that sRGB does not ...

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 3:45am

Does anyone have experience creating something similar? What do you think?

If you look right under the google camera array, there seems to be a couple of LIDARs that could be used for 3D measurement ... Those are most likely used to produce a rough 3D model or point cloud that is coupled to the panorama. This is then used for calculating and drawing the circles and rectangles under the mouse that give a better sens of depth / 3D when navigating in the panorama. I think that stuff is out of reach for most of us , it is quiet advanced engineering. Though if you're curiou...

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 9:00am

2x3 or 3x2 cubestrip support for video panorama

+1 ... equirectangular format is definitly wasting a lot of bandwidth for video panoramas ... Cube stripes could be an interesting workaround. Has anybody done such a benchmark ? I mean cubestripe vs equirectangular of the same video ? I don't know that would affect the rendering, but it wouldn't even require rendering to find out how it affects the playback speed.

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 7:11pm

How to use a black hotspot as background for several "flyin out" pictures ?

Here's the link about the backgroundcolor : http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#krpano.bgcolor The idea make the pano transparent so that you can see the color from the background (see above) and use that in your flyout action, then on the flyback action, you just tween back the alpha to 1 ... this way, the pano gets darker, and you don't need to worry about the black hotspot which is kind of a dirty trick I think. But I'm afraid things are a little more complicated than I remembered, and I have been to...

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 5:25pm

don't use the black hotspot ...

I tried to solve the same problem a while ago ... if you just want a black background it would be easier to do something like : Source code 1 tween(image.layer.alpha, 0.5); You can control the background color so if you wanted a red background, I guess that would work too. Flyout hotspots give a nice effect, but then it's a pain to control their position relative to the screen or other elements ... If anybody knows a good way to control that, I would love to get pointed in the right direction.