You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 306.

Today, 7:47am

Author: Scott Witte

Scrollarea scrolltocenter() speed issue

I have to be missing something but I can't get Scrollarea's scrolltocener() to work. The change is instantanious, like setcenter(). Here is an Example. And here is the code: Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 <plugin name="planbase" type="container" keep="true" width="600" height="500" align="center" zorder="2" > <layer name="plan_scrollbase" type="container" width="100%" height="100%"> <layer name="plan_scrollarea" url.html5="%VIEWER%/plugins/scrollarea.js" url.flash="%VIEWER%/plugins/scrollar...

Sunday, March 15th 2020, 9:25pm

keybaccelerate. Is it broken?

Thanks Klaus, Now I understand the issue: Source code 1 speed = (speed + acceleration) * friction This results in an acceleration curve with a quick ramp-up then slowing acceleration, something like an easeoutcubic or even more severe curve. The only combinations that don't result in a seemingly sudden start at speed result in a lower max speed and really long slow-down. We can make a custom method, as you suggested. For your consideration on a future release of KRPano, I might suggest something...

Sunday, March 15th 2020, 1:55am

I don't understand. I tried variations of keybfriction values before to no good effect. Adjust either or both and it affects the maximum rotation speed. To me, that isn't ideal. There seems to be no combination that allows you to ease into full speed. I just updated the demo to include keybfriction setting variations. (And of course, a value of 1 or higher causes critical problems.) What I am after is a way to prevent an immediate jump to full speed when pressing an arrow key. It feels better wh...

Saturday, March 14th 2020, 8:54pm

Hi Klaus, I fear I still haven't explained the issue clearly so I put together a demo. In the XML I just have: <control keybspeed="10" keybaccelerate="0.1" /> Clicking the buttons just changes keybaccelerate to the value shown. The documentation says: keybaccelerate: The acceleration of the keyboard / button controlled moving. keybspeed: The maximum moving speed of the keyboard / button controlled moving. In practice, changing keybaccelerate changes the maximum moving speed. It does not change t...

Friday, March 13th 2020, 11:43pm

By "can't see or find any problem there" do you mean that you don't see any problem in what I described or that you can't reproduce it? In my tests the fov stayed the same so that shouldn't be a factor. Is my understanding of how keybspeed and keybaccelerate correct (in my last post) correct? Or where do I have it wrong? Thanks for your continued help! Scott

Thursday, March 12th 2020, 9:57pm

Apologies. I did not explain that well at all. I just tested with your distribution files so we know it isn't my brilliant programming causing a problem. In your vtourskin.xml, you have a setting for keybaccelerate. No matter what I set it for it immediately starts at speed and never gets faster. with a setting of 0.1 it takes something like 3 seconds to make it around once and stays that speed with each rotation. If I set it to .01 it takes 40 seconds to go around. if I set it to 1 it takes may...

Thursday, March 12th 2020, 8:36pm

Using keyboard arrow keys for navigation I noticed that movement started suddenly. The keybaccelerate parameter is supposed to take care of that but it doesn't matter if I set it to 1.0, 0.5, 0.1 or 0.01, motion always starts the same and suddenly. Deceleration is nice and smooth, however. Bug or am I missing something? Source code 1 <control keybspeed="0.3" keybaccelerate="0.1" />

Monday, February 17th 2020, 8:49am

Split hotspot code and scene code

Howdy Zephyr, Maybe it would help if we knew why you want to attempt this. If, for instance, you wanted the version of the hotspot to be dependant on something like language it might be easier to build that code into the hotspot or the scene. I have done something similar a while back. You might try something like this: Place an event element inside the scene with an onxmlcomplete attribute to run an action that copies/builds/completes the hotspot(s) based on the hotspots XML file and some condi...

Friday, February 14th 2020, 6:49am

How to show virtual tours offline on mobile devices

Howdy VRTourSoft, When I started this thread eons ago I was looking for something that would run tours locally on a phone. I forgot that in the more recent posts to this thread. Turned out the best solution was the now discontinued Virtual Tour Pro. It was fine for running "Cardboard" tours but didn't work in the Oculus environment. James Tubbritt briefly considered making something similar for Oculus but quickly realized it would be more difficult than he felt worthwhile. Today it is only worth...

Wednesday, February 5th 2020, 1:45am

Google Maps issue in Chrome?

Howdy Klaus, Looking at the Chrome console log I see the following error: GET http://khm0.googleapis.com/kh?v=863&hl=e…2&y=131072&z=18 404 (Not Found) The map still loads. I don't see any maps error in the Firefox console log. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Saturday, February 1st 2020, 1:20am

Loading Background image

Something I have done, have your "background" image be a hotspot. Size it dynamically so it just covers the window. It will actually cover and hide the pano until it is loaded. Set an onloadcomplete event to remove the "background" hotspot.

Friday, January 31st 2020, 12:43am

360 video instant cam switch / multicam

Didn't know you had a twin. Nice demo.

Thursday, January 30th 2020, 11:00pm

Phonegap/Cordova for Oculus??

Steve, I believe what you are experiencing is why you would want to import your PhoneGap app into Android Studio to get full interaction with the Go -- IF that would actually work. Mostly I have seen where that hasn't fully worked although I don't really understand why not. You can find info on the web about importing PhoneGap into Android Studio pretty easily. Importing into Unity seems much more problematic.

Thursday, January 30th 2020, 2:11am

Howdy Steve, Are you trying to do this just with Phonegap or in conjunction with Android Studio or something else? I assume you are including an osig file. Don't think any non-certified app will run without it.

Wednesday, January 29th 2020, 1:38am

I've been working on an Oculus App option for quite a while. I went down the Phonegap/Cordova path a couple of times and always hit a dead end, although I have seen it recommended a couple of times here. But it doesn't seem anyone has actually done it. Just Google Phonegap|cordova Oculus and you will see essentially nothing useful. I fear it isn't possible, especially since we need WebVR capability. I started building my own apps with Unity and Android studio. For reasons you mentioned I essenti...

Saturday, January 18th 2020, 9:02pm

I have seen Phonegap mentioned a couple of times as a way to run a VR tour locally on GearVR, Oculus Go, etc. I have looked into it and always run into a dead end. Has anyone actually done this? If so, could you give at least a hint on what is needed to pull it off?

Saturday, January 18th 2020, 8:56pm

change fov of oculus go

The only time I have done something like this I used the code: Source code 1 tween(plugin[webvr].zoom, 2, 2, easeinoutcubic) and it worked just fine for me on the Go, for what it is worth...

Saturday, January 18th 2020, 12:44am

New Soundinterface Tweening Issue

More to look forward to, then. Thanks, Klaus.

Tuesday, December 24th 2019, 1:27am

Video Hotspot Editor

Very nice, Tuur! Yours is closer to what I designed for myself for distorted hotspots, maybe a year earlier. But your ToolBox is far more capable and looks much nicer. I don't think it is in the available plugins list. If not, I encourage you to add it so more people can benefit from your generous offering.