You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 46.

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 1:14pm

Author: kimblarsen

How to Make Video Panorma Work? (.flv, .mp4, .m4v, .mov)

Nice work Greg! When one has seen the piece in a dome (as I have) it is a somewhat different experience I guess to see it as a rectilinear video pano. I have the same problem with the bandwidth over here, but will check it from work tomorrow. Cheers, Kim

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 7:51am

sound interface plugin (beta)

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" Quoted from "germain" I would like that the volume grow when you zoom (little fov), and in the opposite, that the volume will be lower when the fov is higher ! Like in the real life !! Is-it possible to do that ??? Hi, currently it's not possible to control the volume of a sound interactively, but it will soon, then changing the volume with the fov will be also possible best regards, Klaus Sweet! This will make the feeling of immersion a lot better! K

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 7:47am

videoplayer plugin bugfixed version

hmm... unless I am mistaken it seem something changed with the scaling of video with this build. Will have to do some A/B testing.

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 9:23am

Content management system for krpano

Support for Joomla would not be for customers as I see it. It would be for developers / designers who would like a more streamlined way of adding panos to exisiting sites built with Joomla. Kim

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 7:45pm

Content management system for krpano

A krpano CMS that will work with joomla and or Wordpress is something I for one would be willing to invest in. Cheers, Kim

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 2:21am

Locally Adapted Projections to Reduce Panorama Distortions (for architectural content in wide angle of view)

http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/2009/06…-to-reduce.html Locally Adapted Projections to Reduce Panorama Distortions presented at the Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2009. As the blog entry states there is a dispute with the idea and proof of concept linked to the work of Helmut Dersch It could perhaps be implemented into krpano in the future? Cheers, Kim

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 11:08am

krpano 1.0.8 beta 8

Fantastic work Klaus. Looking forward to work with this version of krpano for the next couple of months! Cheers, Kim

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 7:59am

variables in attributes

This would be very useful in terms of creating a set of universal tools or files that could be reused for projects yes! Kim

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 7:34am

How do you shoot/ build your panoramas?

Quoted from "milotimbol" what's a chrome ball? A smallish mirror ball or near perfect reflective sphere usually put on a tripod and photographed in 6, 9 or more different exposures to capture a light probe (360 degree high dynamic range image) of the environment. This pano image, usually in the .hdr or .exr format (you would really need to photograph the chrome ball from two different positions to capture a full 360 sphere proper) is used to light CG scenes. As mentioned it is an alternative to...

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 12:16am

We are going that route too, although with two Canon 5Ds, one being a Mark II. On film sets there is always two VFX crews when capturing scene info photographically. One unit (person) capturing the HDR probe, usually with a fisheye setup or chrome ball, and a second unit for capturing a high resolution panorama using a Rodeon rig or manually with Manfrotto/Nodal Ninja etc for set extension purposes. We have similar use for a low rez HDR probe for lighting our CG scenes, and the high res pano for...

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 11:55am

Quoted from "Tim2420" sigma 4.5m nodal ninja sigma 8.m nodal ninja sunex fixed aperture of f/5.6 & panoramic rotator is designed exclusively for Sunex SuperFisheye lenses for making 360° immersive images from 2, 3 or 4 shots. This versatile and user-friendly rotator has 4 detent positions (0°, 120°, 180° and 240°). Its kinematic mount design positions the lens nodal point precisely on the axis of rotation. No special tool is required to engage or dis-engage the lens Hi Tim, For low resolution, ...

Monday, June 1st 2009, 10:25pm

Necessary possibility of the addition of films in 3d

Klaus, Just thought of something, which you may have already thought of. It should be possible to have directional sound support for videos too. Cheers, Kim

Monday, June 1st 2009, 12:41pm

Quoted from "VN2009" to patch the zenith and nadir I found a great trick. take you equirectagular image at 2:1 and flip the image 180 upside down, then go to Filter -> distort -> polar cooridinates select square to polar and apply. it will apply polar cooridiantes to your image and the hole at the bottom ends up and exact circle and can be clone stamped in photo shop very easily now. it also format the iamge so if you have a nadir cap or logo you just drag in over the hole then undo the previoo...

Monday, June 1st 2009, 12:30pm

XML Editors ?

There is the additional challenge that the doc pages are not fully updated to the capabilities of the current beta version. Cheers, Kim

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 4:12pm

How to Make Video Panorma Work? (.flv, .mp4, .m4v, .mov)

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" but it should be possible to overcome this limits, but I'm not sure if the flashplayer could play/decode such large videos do you have short examples of such high resolution videos? cubical faces for videos would be possible too, but this will come later (the video support is planned for 1.0.9 release) So with cubical face support you could have each cube face be a video of 4096x4096 pixels Flash video. But as you say, a panorama with 6 video streams at 4k x 4k rez wo...

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 11:56am

Chaning the multires XML formatting

Thanks Klaus. Gosh talk about feeling stupid... basic math. I guess sometimes when the solution is staring at you, right in front of your face you dont see it. Cannot see the forest for the trees. When using a different tilesize then you of course have to recalculate the tiledimagewidth and tiledimageheight based on your tilesize. Cheers, Kim

Friday, May 29th 2009, 9:16am

Hi Klaus, Unfortunately that did not do the trick. The tiles are 256 by 256, and there seems to be a problem with this with respect to the code. <image type="SPHERE" multires="true" tilesize="256" baseindex="0"> I have zipped the files and sent you the archive. Cheers, Kim

Wednesday, May 27th 2009, 6:17pm

Hi, I have a question on how to change or overcome different types of dicing up and organizing a multires panorama. The reason is that panoramas that are already diced up either through custom scripts in Photoshop, or using the Silverlight DZ photoshop plugin - http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/r…oshopplugin.htm - might use a different format, naming convention and folder organization than what you get with the kmaketiles. Below is the edited example XML for a standard krpano multires pano....

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 6:10pm

RE: hotspot editor plugin

Quoted from "kingtrush" hi ! I'm trying to make a hotspot editor plugin in as3 for krpano beta 8. the plugin have the functionality to move hotspot in real time without reloading the xml . But i don't know how do it exactly and i need some help to know first the possibility of this and witch way is more faster .. sources code: http://www.immersive.it/mame/testedior.rar Hi kingtrush, it seems that your download link is broken. Kim