You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 339.

Saturday, May 9th 2020, 4:45pm

Author: Scott Witte

IQ on Oculus Go with WebXR

Hi Klaus, So, ouch. Skimming the WebXR documentation and forums really takes me deeper than I want to go. I appreciate that you seem to be staying on top of it, though. Near as I can decipher WebXR should be able to deliver as good of resolution as WebVR, it is just a matter of what the app, the browser, in this case, asks for. So maybe it is as simple as they are using an incorrect variable..... or maybe something much more complex. But they should be able to deliver better visual quality if th...

Saturday, May 9th 2020, 4:15pm

Quoted What means 'not up to snuff'? Well, as a bit of semi-entertaining knowledge: Quoted up to snuff 1. informal meeting the required standard. "they need a million dollars to get their facilities up to snuff" 'Up to snuff' originated in the early 19th century. ... This clearly shows the derivation to be from 'snuff', the powdered tobacco that had become fashionable to inhale in the late 17th century. The phrase derives from the stimulating effect of taking snuff.

Saturday, May 9th 2020, 4:55am

VR 360 documentary

Great work bbm, There are some good insights to be gained in 360 video production by observing how this works. Thanks so much for sharing. I wonder how much better it might look at full resolution on a desktop. If internet speed was a concern you could give the user an option to change the resolution as in the 360 video example in the examples section.

Saturday, May 9th 2020, 4:23am

Hotspots over a static architectural plan

Nice job, Tuur. But it appears you have encrypted the XML so it won't serve well as a teaching tool if that is what you intended. I am working on something similar where the floor plan hotspot atv and ath are dynamically set when opening to match the current gaze or perhaps the current ath and set atv to 0. Plan hotspots are set relative to that.

Saturday, May 9th 2020, 4:01am

Using Krpano to make a hiking web app

Hi Weshbond, Interesting project. Being a hiking web app I will assume this is primarily intended to be used on a phone. But don't ignore that many people may also use it on a desktop, where you may want some different interface. Not sure what, if anything, that might be, however. Quick observations: With the plan open, half of the pano and controls are covered and the way the pano looks while moving is a bit disturbing. Consider placing the pano into an area. As you open/close the map, dynamica...

Saturday, May 9th 2020, 2:43am

default hotspot change with animation hotspot

Hi Shahidadam, Open examples.html in the KRPano folder. At the very top of the page, the first example is "Animated Hotspots." Below the image is the description of how it works. Open anihotspots.xml (link below the image) and you will see the code demonstrating how to do the animation. The gist is, you have to do some programming.

Friday, May 8th 2020, 1:34am

According to the release notes on Oculus Browser 9.0: Quoted . Removed WebVR support. Some immersive experiences may no longer work until sites update to the latest WebXR standard. Is KRPano using "the latest WebXR standard" or is WebXR just not up to snuff? It is still only version 0.40, after all. Or is it, as you suggest, Oculus purposefully dumbing down display rendering? (I couldn't find a reference.)

Sunday, April 19th 2020, 3:58am

Hotspot tooltips in smart devices

Actually.... There can be a big disadvantage of the second method above if you want to use tooltips with layers such as buttons. Since layers don't have ath/atv values, the second method won't work. Stick with the first.

Sunday, April 19th 2020, 3:17am

Hey M, So here is revised code that will keep the tooltip with the hotspot in touch situations: Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 <!-- skin_tooltip - style for the thumb, hotspot and mapspot tooltips --> <style name="skin_tooltips" onover.mouse="copy(layer[skin_tooltip].html, tooltip); set(layer[skin_tooltip].visible, calc(webvr.isenabled ? false : true)); tween(layer[skin_tooltip].alpha, 1.0, 0.1); asyncloop(h...

Saturday, April 18th 2020, 7:19pm

Ah. Didn't notice that because in my modified skin I added capture="true" in the skin_hotspotstyle style. When someone presses on the hotspot they can't move the pano, which is my preference. If you want to move the pano while pressing the hotspot... OK. I have a solution in mind that will require a complete rewrite but may actually be more elegant. Will get that out perhaps tonight.

Saturday, April 18th 2020, 2:09am

OK. Short answer is "yes" but it will take some work. You have to modify how tooltips are handled in vtourskin.xml, mostly the skin_tooltips style. You need to add ondown.touch/onup.touch events that are similar to the onover.mouse/onout.mouse events to display the tooltip. BTW, you will want to increase the tooltip oy from -2 to -30 or so your finger doesn't cover the tooltip. You want to add a delayedcall timer to ondown that, after 0.2 seconds or so sets the onclick event to null. Otherwise w...

Thursday, April 16th 2020, 8:43pm

Death Valley Virtual Visit

Quoted from "ramirox3" Amazing, I felt in the atmosphere movie of Antonioni So I gather you have seen Zabriskie Point. It was a....curious movie. Very much of the era. Then there are all the Star Wars scenes shot in the park. None of that can happen anymore, of course. But I found it really cool knowing I was walking right where C3PO and R2D2 had left their tracks. Fascinating place.

Thursday, April 16th 2020, 6:10am

Amazon Web Services AWS

I am pretty sure Sam Rohn uses AWS. You can reach him on the 360° Panoramic Photographers on Facebook group.

Thursday, April 16th 2020, 6:01am

Death Valley Virtual Visit

For your amusement and hopefully some honest critique, I just released this virtual tour: Virtual Death Valley What works or doesn't work? What could be better? One fun fact, I found a music track that I hoped to use as background. I approached the composer. The track wasn't available but he offered to compose something specifically for the tour. It was a nice collaboration experience.

Thursday, April 16th 2020, 5:27am

Hi Marciano, What I do is set the tooltip's parent to the hotspot. The tooltip must also be a hotspot and you only need the one. Then when you mouse over or press down it loads the tooltip text into the tooltip hotspot and sets the tooltip's parent to that hotspot. Mouse out or onup from the hotspot makes the tooltip invisible, again. If you also want this to work in WebVR, where hotspots cannot have children, you set the tooltip hotspot to the same ath/atv of the hotspot and git the tooltip a s...

Wednesday, April 15th 2020, 6:36pm

krpano 1.20

Klaus, SO much appreciate this "minor" release. Looking forward to testing it.

Tuesday, April 14th 2020, 5:20pm

Add VR Browser detection for devices?

Hi Klaus, Please see this post in the other thread. There I point to a couple of pages that automatically push the browser into VR mode be some as yet unexplained method. Also, I link to a page that checks various device settings.

Tuesday, April 14th 2020, 5:17pm

Oculus Browser V8.3 "kills" WebVR pages

My VR Device Check page may also provide some insight.

Tuesday, April 14th 2020, 12:18am

More info and hint(?) of a solution???

Oculus fools websites into thinking they are on a desktop by removing the "Mobile VR" attribute from their UserAgent string by default. On the OculusBrowser homepage, there are some virtual tours (below) that default to VR, not desktop! I haven't figured out how they do this magic. Maybe some wiser coder could ferret that out. Sure would be useful. The British Museum Svalbard Seed Vault For sites that have no VR version (Kuula.co) you get the exact same screen in desktop and VR mode, as one migh...