You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

Wednesday, February 12th 2020, 4:16am

Author: jrhowell

Object VR Software

I too am interested in creating some Object VR solutions. I'll be interested in what you find here as I am a longtime krpano user and I would love to use it for this function if possible. If not, I have come across Object2VR software from Garden Gnome www.ggnome.com that does this as well.

Friday, January 27th 2012, 7:40pm

Example Panorama using Moveto and onkeydown?

I'm looking at doing a project where the user interface will have the user push keys to automatically move to a particular part of the panorama. I assume the way to do this will be to use the onkeydown and moveto functions. Correct? Anyone have a good example of a pano that uses this type of function? Thanks, JR

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 7:02pm

Pano Works on iPhone, but not iPad??

I don't quite understand the issue, but it's now gone. I did have Javescript enabled ... So, just for general principles, I did a hard reset. And now it works ... Go figure. Thanks for listening ... JR

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 2:56pm

I cleared my cache, history, and cookies and still have the same issue. If I turn on Debug I see the following error: HTML Error on Line 5 http://hamoepage.mac.com/jrhowell/Sites/…18Panorama.html Viewport argument "target-densitydpi" not recognized. Content ignored. Again ... this just seemed to become an issue with 4.3.4 on the iPad 2. It does work fine on 4.3.3 in a iPad (1). I've attached the html file krpano produced. Thanks for any insight. JR <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>krpano.com...

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 3:43am

Woops ... sorry ... I had a typo in the URL. Try this www.howellphotographicarts.com/Howell_Ph…18Panorama.html

Monday, July 18th 2011, 4:13am

I'm having a bit of a dilemma with my 360 degree Panoramas. I'm now sure when it happened, but for some reason they don't display on my iPad anymore. They do however display on my iPhone. Any ideas? www.HowellPhotographicArts.com/Howell_Ph…18Panorama.html I'm guessing this is now a result of iOS 4.3.4 which is on my iPad 2 that has the problem. I have an iPad (1) that is running iOS 4.3.3 that works fine. Any thoughts???

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:10am

XML limitview different for iPad / iPhone?

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" sorry, the finishing of the 1.0.8.14 version took longer than expected, but I have now uploaded the bugfixed files here: http://krpano.com/download/beta/#2011-01-03 Worked Perfect! Thanks Klaus.

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 1:33am

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" it was a bug but I have fixed it now, I will release soon a package with fixed files here - http://krpano.com/download/beta/ Alas ... I've been looking for an update, but haven't seen one show up yet. Any forecast of when there'll be a fix available? Or ... Am I looking in the right place. The version out there is still 1.0.14 from 12/8. Not a huge deal for me, just want to set my expectations accordingly, Thanks JR

Tuesday, December 28th 2010, 9:22pm

UI Buttons - skin?

Quoted from "Jarredja" The reason I asked about version is the buttons do not appear on my iPhone but does appear on the desktop version. That is using the latest version and of course the latest defaultskin.xml from the same release that has the devices setting in use. Very interesting ... I wasn't sure I transferred over the latest version of the defaultskin.xml. However, I downloaded the latest version and copied over defaultskin.xml and I have the same issue. BTW - I use MAKE PANO (MULTIRES...

Monday, December 27th 2010, 4:10pm

UI Buttons - skin?

Quoted from "Jarredja" The include file is ( I believe this to be the case ) parsed or read and included as part of the original XML file upon loading. Therefore you cannot use an if statement to include or not include a file like this. What I meant was to specify in the plugin located in the defaultskin.xml which devices to appear on. Are you using the latest release? Thanks. That makes sense and I'll start working through a default.XML file. I want to put my own logo in there and I'm ready to...

Monday, December 27th 2010, 2:33am

UI Buttons - skin?

Quoted from "Jarredja" Check out the "devices" setting under plugins in the documents. http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin.devices It sounds like your "tour" uses the include feature to add that. You would need to modify the included file that has the actual plugin. I tried using this in my .xml file, but it seemed to ignore my if clause, and instead did the include on all devices. if (devices=="flash", <include url="skin/defaultskin.xml" />); I suspect my syntax isn't quite right. Any ideas? Th...

Sunday, December 26th 2010, 1:49am

UI Buttons - skin?

I notice that the default User Interface buttons (+, -, <, >, etc). Don't seem to do anything on the iPhoneand iPad. That's OK, since the normal touch screen functions work great. However, is there a way to remove them from the display? Of course, I'd like to keep these on the normal Flash display browsers. Is this the skin? Thanks

Saturday, December 18th 2010, 9:13pm

Virtual tour the Palace of the Normans in Palermo

Very cool and very well done. I've done a few panoramas and this is sure inspiring me to extend into this virtual tour area. Thanks for sharing. JR

Monday, December 13th 2010, 12:29pm

Quoted from "klaus.krpano" it was a bug but I have fixed it now, I will release soon a package with fixed files here - http://krpano.com/download/beta/ Wonderful! Thanks Klaus. Will this result in an updated .swf or .js file? Or, will it result in changes to the tiles? I sure appreciate the assistance. JR

Monday, December 13th 2010, 4:43am

Quoted from "Jarredja" fovtype="MFOV" I tried adding that in to my view statement, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Here's my complete xml ... Thanks for any help. JR <krpano version="1.0.8"> <include url="skin/defaultskin.xml" /> <view fovtype="MFOV" limitview="range" hlookat="0" vlookat="0" vlookatmin="-75" vlookatmax="45" maxpixelzoom="1.0" /> <display details="22" /> <preview url="ChurchPanorama.tiles/preview.jpg" /> <image type="CUBE" multires="true" tilesize="784" progressive="false...

Monday, December 13th 2010, 3:27am

I just acquired the iPad/iPhone viewer license and created my first Pano to display there. I'm have a little issue with the limitview command in the .xml. I use limitview to keep the user from panning into the nadir holes that I didn't fill in ... both on top and bottom. I use the following attributes: <view limitview="range" hlookat="0" vlookat="0" vlookatmin="-75" vlookatmax="45" maxpixelzoom="1.0" /> This works great in the flash version, but for some reason you can't pan up or down at all on...

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 3:01am

Wow Great! Flat panos as well?

This is FANTASTIC! I've been waiting for a good way to show panos on the iPhone / iPad. And it's so wonderful I can do it with my favorite toolkit, krpano. THANK YOU so much. All of the examples I've found so far are 360 virual tours. Is it also possible to navigate around flat panos as well? I have a number of Panos that I've done to print and hang on the wall in 4' to 8' sizes. I use krpano to allow a user to see the whole image on my website, but then zoom in to see the detail. Thanks again, ...

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 1:37am

That was it!

Thanks so much Klaus. That was exactly what I needed. I used 1.0.8 beta 9 and limitview="fullrange". Wala! It's perfect! Take a look at: http://www.howellphotographicarts.com/Ho…/Nashville.html

Sunday, January 24th 2010, 3:56am

Navigate around a flat Pano - Limit Range

I have a flat pano style image that I'm displaying on my web site. I've done the multires function and can navigate around just fine. However, I would like it to come up in a square window that shows the whole pano ... black space on the top and bottom of the window. This will allow be to display the whole image initially and then allow the user to zoom in to see the detail. However, right now the user can scroll completely off the image vertically. I'd like to limit the ability to pan verticall...