• I have assembled my first tour thru examples in the forum and is working fine. My tour was generated by Autopano Tour and refined it further tru KRPano. I then made some tidying of folders, erasing some not needed file, etc and when I click at the *.html file again, a blank screen was shown instead of the tour.

My question is what would be the html editor (low or moderately priced) that is ideal for the programming needs in making tours. I wanted to see what is inside the html file, maybe it can be corrected from there, rather than starting all over which is time cosuming.

I am an interested non programmer and a non pro photographer. My system is macbook pro with snow 10.6.2. Thank you very much and best regards.

Manuel

• Open your html file with a basic text editor (don't use Word or alike complex text editor, they don't edit pure text and you could have problem after).
    In a mac environement you can use textedit (is already in your application folder normally)

To see what there is in the html you can ask to show the source code when you open it in firefox.

Tell us if you need more help.

David

• Thank you very much David for the info and tips , I change the setting in the text editor and I can see it now. I've gone tru xml and I can proceed now to html and other programming language. Best regards.

Manuel

• Go on you are in the good way *thumbup*

When I was working on Mac I like to use a very cool texteditor named Smultron. Looking on the internet I see that is no longer supported but the last version is fully usable, just in the future with the new OS perhaps one day it will no more be usable .
    By the way the big change with the basic text editor is that it use a marks coloring system it's more easy to see where you are and to debug when problems occurs.

Cheers, David

• Thank you very much again David on the additional tip on the text editor. This is good enough for now. I may search in future a more advanced editor where there are checking on syntax, etc. I hope I could learn a little of other programming related to photography, since I know "basic" language. Best regards and cheers.

Manuel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!