You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 8th 2010, 12:42am

What about non-Flash viewers ?

Just wondering whether there is an option, plan, or policy regarding people or iPad-like devices that don't have Flash ? What happens if the market share of non-Flash viewers really starts to increase ?

Personally I used to be a big support of Flash, but these days it seems it's mostly just ads and horribly-coded swfs that kill the CPU. I dislike Flash more all the time . . .

orbitlab

Trainee

Monday, February 8th 2010, 1:24pm

Maybe html5 will kill flash. Youtube made the move to html5 . I think webgl is a very promising technology and in the future will replace flash panorama viewers.

Monday, February 8th 2010, 6:36pm

This is pure html5 : http://gyu.que.jp/jscloth/touch.html
See the demo 3 for example.

I think that krPano should be ported on html5 before reaching the version 1.

At least I hope.

David
Istanbul virtual tour creation : www.vizyon360.com

Monday, February 8th 2010, 9:15pm

Hi,

of course, webgl is interesting, but the moment its a bit early to use it,

the most browsers don't support it now and it doesn't work on older hardware...
(and on iphone/ipod it doesn't work too yet),

and the performance/quality of html5 only rendering (without webgl) is much behind flash at the moment!

best regards,
Klaus