• Is it possible to trace the time of the laptop that is running your tour? So on the one of the user..

if yes, then it will be possible to make a clock that always gives the 'correct time' isn't it?

Can we do that?

Cheers
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Ok here's a setup with a digital 12hour clock. Analog clock is possible, but I need to draw the handles and such.

Use plugin[pluginname].gettime to trace the time and getdate to trace the date (untested, but should work fine).
    you can alsoo enable/disable the digital clock and date by adding showtime="true/false" showdate="true/false" in the plugin attributes(alsoo untested).

• He Zephyr,

Great!!

gonna check that out..

*love* *love* *love*

Now to try to get it working in the tour...

Master nr. 3 ...

Also for you free drinks in the bar this weekend.. *g*

I hope there are not to much masters here because the bar will be full of 'free' drinkers... *cry*

somebody wanna try to make the analoque one??

Tuur *thumbsup*

Oke

i have the plugin like:

<plugin name="clock" url="../plugins/clock.swf" autopos="lefttop,10,10" visible="true" keep="true" alpha="1" scale="1" Parent="STAGE" zorder="101" />

blablablaedit..
    EDIT : we don't need that... sorry mis understood..

It works perfect but not with parent ="STAGE"
    Is it possible to make that? Zephyr?

another edit...

mmm

now it gives: null and minutes and seconds and date ...(no hours )..??
    didn't changed a thing..

maybe because it is 01 on the mac.. i put it on 12 hours...
    lets have aplay with the .fla file..

Thanx

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Ahh

the parent stage..

change in the .fla this:
    this.addEventListener(Event.ADDED_TO_STAGE, startClock);

to:
    timer.start();

voila!

Thanx Zephyr for teh PM on this.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• updated it, added a analog clock (showanalog="true" to view it)
    added converthours propery (converthours="true") set it on true to do a 12h notation, false if you want 24h notation.

apperently if parent="STAGE" the ADDED_TO_STAGE eventlistener isnt triggered (a bug perhaps klaus?) to temporarily fix it, I started the timer immedietly (although you get a flash error if you the debugger installed, saying the child cant be addressed since it does not exist on stage yet).

PS the analog clock is ugly, this is to stimulate people to make there own clock + i dont have the time to make it nice ;p You can edit the clock file in the library. just dont alter the instance names of the clockhandlers.

• Hello,

I downloaded the clock zip file and modified to suit my needs as I only need to display the current date. Thank you for the code on this. Locally it works great as is and will display the date for me but when I upload it to my service provider it doesn't work. I tried with the getdate statement and again locally it works but nothing on the server. Any suggestions?

Below is the coding.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

• Sorry, I've had some stuff disabled apperently in the FLA for testing purposes. Alsoo the getdate/time was badly linked.

plugin property:
    showdate="false" or "true" shows the date
    showdigital="false" or "true" shows a digital clock
    showanalog="false" or "true" Shows the analog clock with the handles
    converthours = "false" or "true" Converts 24hour notation to a 12hour notation

plugin functions:
    gettime() - for debugging, traces the time in the trace log
    getdate() - for debugging, traces the date in the trace log.

Usage example (shows date only):

Code
    <plugin name="date" url="plugins/clock.swf" 
    align="leftbottom" x="210" y="0" visible="true"
    keep="true"
    zorder="100"
    showdate="true"
    showdigital="false"
    selectable="false"
    />

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!