You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 9:56pm

embedding Krpano in Flex : issue with embeddedstartup function call

Hi,

It seems that if embeddedstartup is called too soon KRPano won't load in a Flex App. Here is what I'm doing :
- step 1 : loading krpano.swf in a Loader (using URLRequest)
- step 2 : adding the loader to a container (a UIComponent based class in my case)
- step 3 : when receiving the complete event from the Loader.contentLoaderInfo, I call the embeddedstartup
- step 4 : when KRPano call the krpano_ready method, I dispatch an event to signal that krpano is ready to be used

My problem : this works perfectly well in debug mode. in runtime mode, 9 times out of 10 kr pano doesn't load at all. From what I can guess, il I call embeddedstartup before the krpano plugins are loaded, it fails (but doesn't give any error). If I wait half of a second between the complete event and the call to embeddedstartup it works!

The qestion could be adressed to klaus directly : is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Laurent.

nelk

Intermediate

Monday, October 4th 2010, 2:19pm

Laurent,

Did you find a workaround ?

Best regards,
Nicolas
VideoStitch, a video stitching engine / blog sur les visites virtuelles ( french ).