Sound unsupported on HTML5?

• Hi,

have you updated also the krpanoiphone.js?

best regards,
    Klaus

This does not sound right. I really do not think it is right to do updates in a way that means you have to create everything from scratch again.

If I understand this correct the different js files are combined into the tour.js or pano.js
    How do you update this one for an old tour or single panorama.

Does it have any specific info for each tour or can you just run a single pano in one of the tools to get a new .js file.

Hans

• This does not sound right. I really do not think it is right to do updates in a way that means you have to create everything from scratch again.

If I understand this correct the different js files are combined into the tour.js or pano.js

Does it have any specific info for each tour or can you just run a single pano in one of the tools to get a new .js file.

Hans

rename the swfkrpano.js with the name of your tour, put the licence on the server and it's ok

• Hi,

the swfkrpano.js + krpanoiphone.js + krpanoiphone.license.js files were merged into the one single .js file,
    and also the krpano.swf + krpano.license into the generated .swf file,

this is the new default behavior of the droplets because of the enabled embedlicenses=true setting in the .config files,

I have done that to reduce the number of files and to make it easier to handle,
    before I have got daily many mails and about license errors because the license were not uploaded,

if you want to use the krpanoiphone.js direct - include the swfkrpano.js in the html file instead of the generated .js file,

there is no specific pano infos embedded,
    just drop any pano on the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) or MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet to get new .js and .swf files,

I know this is new functionality and that it will updating more difficult,
    but I'm already working on a small GUI tool were you can select your old .swf and .js files,
    and update it automatically without any manual work, this tool should be ready with
    the next release,

best regards,
    Klaus

• JUst to get this correct so that it is understandable also for us photographers who are the main users.

I got 3 new js files.
    krpanoiphone.js
    soundinterface.js
    swfkrpano.js

The krpanoiphone.js and the swfkrpano.js you exchange your old ones with in your tools. rooth and templates/html for the swfkrpano.js

What about the soundinterface.js

Should you just copy that to the rooth of your pano/tour

Hans

• Hi,

What about the soundinterface.js

Should you just copy that to the rooth of your pano/tour

just copy there where you want it,
    the path to it is referred in the xml by the "url" or "alturl" setting,

the soundinterface.js is a plugin and will be loaded dynamically by the xml,

see here more details about the url attribute:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#url-notes

e.g.
    when the xml and soundinterface.js are in the same folder then use - url="soundinterface.js",
    or when the xml is the root folder and the soundinterface.js in a folder named plugin then use - url="plugin/soundinterface.js",

best regards,
    Klaus

• Ok thanks very much.
    I now have a working demo and it works,
    http://panoramas.dk/panorama/krpano/fireworks/index4.html

Tested on
    Safari Mac, Firefox WinXP, IE8 Win XP, iPad and Android Desire Z

Have no iPhone.
    The iPhone is also another task as I made the flyout thumbs on it.
    Next question is, How do we add a code to load the sound that chooses the correct sound for each thumb,

Another question is, what about if there is no sound on some panoramas.
    You can not stop it on iPad with onload.
    Maybe the easiest solution is to ad a quiet sound fiole.

Hans

• Hi,

first a note - please download the soundinterface.js again from here:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/#2010-12-08

I have just updated it and added that the sounds will be automatically paused when the safari browser will be closed or other tab will be selected on the iPhone and iPad, the sound will resume when opening the safari or tab again,

I now have a working demo and it works,

some notes about your xml:

this part isn't optimal:

Code
    <action  name="pan">
      oninterrupt( action(lookinterrupt) );
      tween(view.hlookat, 180, 10.0, easeInOutQuint);
      tween(view.vlookat, 5,  10.0, easeInOutQuint);
      tween(view.mfov, 60, 10.0, easeOutQuad, tween(view.mfov, 60, 10.0, easeInQuad));
     </action>
    <action name="lookinterrupt">
      stoptween();
    </action>

the oninterrupt action will only for work for actions that block the user interface,
    e.g. for lookto/moveto/zoomto/wait,

the tween action will just start the change the value of the given variable,
    the user will still be possible to interact with the pano,

second problem - there is no "view.mfov" variable, only a "view.fov",

third problem - the stoptween() action needs the name of the variables
    to where the tweeing should stop,

you could write that part in that way:

or maybe even better in that way by using the lookto action instead (adjust the values in the smooth function):

Code
    <action  name="pan">
      oninterrupt(break);
      lookto(180,5,60, smooth(50,50,50));
    </action>

Next question is, How do we add a code to load the sound that chooses the correct sound for each thumb

you could put the playsound() call into the onstart event of the scenes,
    then the sound will start with loading of the scene,

but therefore it must be done sure that the soundinterface plugin was already loaded,
    this can be done by calling the "startup" action instead from the global onstart event,
    in the onloaded event from the soundinterface plugin,
    e.g.

Code
    <krpano ... onstart="">
    <plugin name="sound" 
           url="plugins/soundinterface.swf"
           alturl="soundinterface.js"
           keep="true"
           onloaded="startup();"
           />

You can not stop it on iPad with onload.
    Maybe the easiest solution is to ad a quiet sound fiole.

how do you mean that - can't stop it?
    you can stop the sound anytime by calling stopsound() with the id of the sound or by calling stopallsounds(),

best regards,
    Klaus

• Guys,
    Klaus and Hans ...
    this is getting more and more fun *smile*
    I'm really enjoying to be able to use KRP more and more on my projects
    I'm sorry that being only a photographer, for the last 34 years, without any background on programming this has been a pain for me *smile*
    I really would like to have more SAMPLES together with the codes, because, then we could take a look at the samples WITH the new codes and try to understand it better.
    I had Hans helping me on a project of a VTour with 7 panos and all with sound.
    Alone I would not be able to do it. I SAW Hans on the skype-video during hours and hours , night and day diving on it to try to make it work.
    I really hope it gets easier to understand how to acomplish some functions *smile*
    PLEASE Klaus,
    put more SAMPLES with the new downloads ...
    it will be easier for us, like me, ignorants, that do not get it 100% just by "reading" codes *smile*
    Thanks a lot and keep on the good work !!!
    as always !
    AYRTON

It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot.

• Yes I agree completely. Without examples your codes are just volapyk to most of us photographers.

It may look easy and fully intuitive to a programmer but photographers are not programmers.
    If there are some real working code examples together with a real panorama or full virtual tour the usage and learning curve is so much easier.

That was the way I learned FPP 3 years ago. The FPP tutorial is great as the codes are all put together with a real working code but what it is missing is some real examples. Combined with a couple of examples made by others I found the tutorial was great.

You have in KRpano made place for examples illustrating the actual use of the single codes but they are only available in very few places.
    Those examples was available from the start in the FPP tutorial and was the reason I as a complete novice in xml could learn to do my first tour back in 2007 in just a couple of days.

Hans

• the oninterrupt action will only for work for actions that block the user interface,
    e.g. for lookto/moveto/zoomto/wait,

the tween action will just start the change the value of the given variable,
    the user will still be possible to interact with the pano,

second problem - there is no "view.mfov" variable, only a "view.fov",

third problem - the stoptween() action needs the name of the variables
    to where the tweeing should stop,

Yes I know that was from a template I used. The original example I used had view.fov (1.0) which did not quit make sense unless it was supposed to be a coificent of the FOV used like 0.7x100 = 70
    But it did not work of course and as the fov used in my tour was mfov I assumed that it could be used instead.

The weird thing is that it has never given me errors until I tried the new soundinterface , and it still does not after I got the js file corrected.

The uninterupt problem really illustrates that your documentation needs examples of usage. In the other thread where I asked how to get this working I got several suggestions none of them working and searching forum I found same problem asked long ago without anyone getting it fixed.

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (December 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM).

• you could put the playsound() call into the onstart event of the scenes,
    then the sound will start with loading of the scene,

but therefore it must be done sure that the soundinterface plugin was already loaded,
    this can be done by calling the "startup" action instead from the global onstart event,
    in the onloaded event from the soundinterface plugin,

I assumed that onstart would have the same problem as autostart on iPads.
    As it is told that you need user interaction to start sound on iPad/iphones I also assumed that onstart would not work.

Will test it.

Hans

• Ok works great,
    In Flash but stops all interaction on buttons and thumbnails on iPad.
    See this
    http://panoramas.dk/panorama/krpano/fireworks/index5.html

The code is copied directly from above and removing it gives me the functions back again.

Hans

• I changed it to your suggestion using this
    <action name="pan">
    oninterrupt(break);
    lookto(180,5,60, smooth(50,50,50));
    </action>
    This seems to work now for all devices.

I updated the first demo for this and also changed the start of sound to onstart.

A weird thing though, my sound buttons has suddenly disapeard from my Android phone.
    I use devices ="all" so I do not understand why.

Hans

• Nice pano's Hans!!

can i ask at which iso you shoot this?

They are a couple of years old. Shot with the old 5D.
    Number 1 is at 800 ISO + separate fireworks shots at 2-4 sec at ISO 100 and F8
    The lasershow I had to do handheld and its shot at 3200 ISO and 2.8 1/40 sec
    The third is on a handheld pole (monopod) and shot at 1/40 sec 2.8 ISO 800.

You can see that it has a different fireworks effect as you do not get the traditional long exposure effect.

Hans

• I updated the first demo for this and also changed the start of sound to onstart.

A weird thing though, my sound buttons has suddenly disapeard from my Android phone.
    I use devices ="all" so I do not understand why.

This is weird.

I tried everything to get the button back on Android.
    Even used just devices="android" on them but no luck.

At last I removed the global soundinterface code and voila. Its back
    Something is very wrong here. I have updated the soundinterface to the latest and everything works perfect on all other platforms.

This is even more weird than the fact that the soundinterface suddenly gives error messages on completely unrelated things like the view.mfov
    How can these codes just block for loading a png. I would not been surprised if the function had not work but this does not make any sense to me.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!